LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Associate
I'm late too, 55" CS owner. very happy with it. OLED is like an automatic car for non petrolheads, once you go to it, you can't go back.
I got my 55"CS back on Black Friday, with a little rangling playing shops off against each other eventually got it from Richer sounds for £879. Its a cracking TV, its so good I'm watching far more films than I used to. Being a hybrid of C1 panel and C2 electronics, I was a little worried it wouldn't be bright enough, but actually I find it too bright, I've had to dial it down a little, mind, my TV room is north facing with a good size window but no direct sun light.

Last edited:
Associate
I got my 55"CS back on Black Friday, with a little rangling playing shops off against each other eventually got it from Richer sounds for £879. Its a cracking TV, its so good I'm watching far more films than I used to. Being a hybrid or C1 panel and C2 electronics, I was a little worried it would be bright enough, but actually I find it too bright, I've had to dial it down a little, mind, my TV room has a large north facing window and hecne no direct sun light.
OLED is an absolute game changer for me, and probably for you too!

Last edited:
Soldato
Joined the C2 gang
IMG-20230714-131802.jpg

Soldato
In vivid mode?

Also I'd paint the right wall black to reduce reflections. Change it to one of the cinema modes use recommended settings as starting point. Check for 1:1 pixel mapping overscan/understand etc

And buy 32.8.8 system ;)
Not in vivid mode haha. It's in expert bright room and quickly eyeball tweaked,still playing around. Can't really do a surround setup..neighbours.

The TV sound is...fine. Although I have nothing to compare it to notice the drastic difference :)

My plasma has been retired upstairs after many many years of faithful service.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not in vivid mode haha. It's in expert bright room and quickly eyeball tweaked,still playing around. Can't really do a surround setup..neighbours.

The TV sound is...fine. Although I have nothing to compare it to notice the drastic difference :)

My plasma has been retired upstairs after many many years of faithful service.

I would recommend you upgrade the sound. My LG oled sound is absolutely atrocious. When I put them on I'm wincing and laughing just how bad it is. Volume is ok, but bass is nothing but distortion, and no midrange at all.

I bought a q acoustics qtv2 and the sound quality upgrade over the TV speakers is immense. That only cost me £150.

Considering I have a AV pre power 9.2.4 or 9.3.4 system (need to fit the third sub in) I was impressed with the qtv2.

Understand about neighbours but I'd look into a soundbar.

Even wharfedale diamond 9.0 and a t amp would be a big upgrade and will cost you less than £100

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just got my lg oled and I can't get the ps5 sound to come out of the external speakers. I set the TV settings to optical.

TV is connected via optical cable to a mini dac which is connected to Yamaha active speakers.

The TVs YouTube app sound did come out the speakers though, so seems an issue with the ps5?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just got my lg oled and I can't get the ps5 sound to come out of the external speakers. I set the TV settings to optical.

TV is connected via optical cable to a mini dac which is connected to Yamaha active speakers.

The TVs YouTube app sound did come out the speakers though, so seems an issue with the ps5?
Maybe it's the pass thru of the TV. I think there's a setting that let's you choose. I assume you get sound out the TV speakers from the ps5?

Soldato

You have options like internal speaker + optical, speaker, hdmi earc etc Also whether to pass PCM or bitstream.

Soldato
Sorry if it got missed earlier, but there's no plastic to peel off on these is there? It's quite a rough surface compared to the smooth one on my c9 (which will increase the surface area to remove heat and might explain the higher brightness of evo panels).

Soldato
My5 plays the first ad then just stops. Doesn't load the following ads (1 of 2 for example). But yep player and itvx don't so anything. So strange.
Just to follow up as weird as this was, it is now all working. I wanted to watch "Earth" on catch up through BBC iPlayer and it played with out any errors. The TV did receive another FW update since my last post so perhaps that has inadvertantly fixed/reset something. Happy days though. :)

Back
Top Bottom