LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

I've noticed some vertical banding on my new TV. Very annoying :mad:

Running various test patterns it is clearly the darker grey slides that show the issue (85%, 90% and 95%)

It's also noticeable when watching darker content, both HDR and SDR.

Below shows 95% grey test pattern

8TfO5aF.jpg

Ive just contacted LG support so hopefully, they can sort something quickly.

Do a screen refresh, mine had that on new but oled thing sorted it.

I've noticed some vertical banding on my new TV. Very annoying :mad:

Running various test patterns it is clearly the darker grey slides that show the issue (85%, 90% and 95%)

It's also noticeable when watching darker content, both HDR and SDR.

Below shows 95% grey test pattern

8TfO5aF.jpg

Ive just contacted LG support so hopefully, they can sort something quickly.

It went away on my C3, I noticed it quite early on, barely noticeable during normal use, but hugely exaggerated during these tests. It’s barely visible anymore. I’m not sure it was quite as bad as yours though.

Anyone in here using an Xbox series X with their LG C3 and happy with the results? If so, would you mind sharing your settings? It doesn’t really ‘pop’ at the moment for me. Compared to my QN94A in the other room, that’s quite different. I expect the LG to not be as bright but it is significantly less at the moment.

I’m semi considering having the Xbox in the other room anyway so it’s no biggie if I should just be playing on the QLED rather than OLED. I only play racing games.

Aside from that, by far my best TV though I do notice if I sit on the other sofa, extreme angles have a yellow tint but it’s such an edge case. Every day I think, “this looks great”

Last edited:
Anyone in here using an Xbox series X with their LG C3 and happy with the results? If so, would you mind sharing your settings? It doesn’t really ‘pop’ at the moment for me. Compared to my QN94A in the other room, that’s quite different. I expect the LG to not be as bright but it is significantly less at the moment.

I’m semi considering having the Xbox in the other room anyway so it’s no biggie if I should just be playing on the QLED rather than OLED. I only play racing games.

Aside from that, by far my best TV though I do notice if I sit on the other sofa, extreme angles have a yellow tint but it’s such an edge case. Every day I think, “this looks great”

Mine looks fine have you turned off all the power saving options ?

Yea, I think I may have gone off somewhere with the settings. I had three different guides from Reddit, and the other sources look fab, just Xbox I don’t feel I’m quite getting the experience I should. I might have something set wrong somewhere but I can’t figure it out.

Yea, I think I may have gone off somewhere with the settings. I had three different guides from Reddit, and the other sources look fab, just Xbox I don’t feel I’m quite getting the experience I should. I might have something set wrong somewhere but I can’t figure it out.

Might be worth resetting and starting again. Tbh my settings are not far from the out the box settings other than i turn of all motion type settings and all the power saving options are off. I just set it how it looks good to me, Far too many guides that all have the supposed perfect settings but end up in my opinion looking crap.

Last edited:
had a strange issue today watching discovery+ app on the c2, would keep restarting the app every 5/10 mins saying 'app is restarting to free up memory'

never had this issue before. tried pulling the power out for a while but that didnt work.

tried on my c3 in bedroom and that worked without any issues, any ideas?

Just got lured in by a HOTUKDEALS post for the LG 65 C3. I already have the 48 in the living room, and was looking for something super large for the garden room I am building.

£1209 all in, which is only £150 more than I paid for the 48" in November last year.

I understand the C4 is out but to be fair this'll probably not get used half as much so any benefit seemed minimal.

Just need to buy a sound bar now!

Just got lured in by a HOTUKDEALS post for the LG 65 C3. I already have the 48 in the living room, and was looking for something super large for the garden room I am building.

£1209 all in, which is only £150 more than I paid for the 48" in November last year.

I understand the C4 is out but to be fair this'll probably not get used half as much so any benefit seemed minimal.

Just need to buy a sound bar now!
And a corner sofa.

had a strange issue today watching discovery+ app on the c2, would keep restarting the app every 5/10 mins saying 'app is restarting to free up memory'

never had this issue before. tried pulling the power out for a while but that didnt work.

tried on my c3 in bedroom and that worked without any issues, any ideas?

tried watching the football today and it keeps happening, only with discovery+ app, so frustrating.
working on my other tv just fine.

have no idea why its happening

tried watching the football today and it keeps happening, only with discovery+ app, so frustrating.
working on my other tv just fine.

have no idea why its happening

I use an Apple TV rather than the inbuilt apps. I had a few issues a few models back but the Apple TV has been flawless.

Back
Top Bottom