LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Man of Honour
I find a lot of Dolby Vision content on Netflix is dark and a bit soft. Yet Jack Ryan on Prime, which the the TV detects as DV, looks fantastic.

It's not a bandwidth issue either as I've checked and Netflix maxes out 15 Mbps and is apparently 2160p.

Soldato
Ozark on Netflix is by default one of their darker showa with a slightly different colour palette, there was a picture posted on Reddit the other day with someone asking about this and if you get Ozark from 'other' sources the colours are completely different.

Associate
I've just got an lg b7 and currently watching Ozark, I too thought it was too dark. I find it's much better watching this at night with the lights out.
I did fiddle with the settings initially but just made it worse so went back to the stock settings.

Associate
So, tonight my B7 has produced a vertical white band on it, so I’ve run the 5% YouTube test and doesn’t look great at all :(

I really wanted to avoid looking because I knew I’d find something... the vertical white band is basically unavoidable in normal viewing.

Purchased via Richer Sounds, should I call them??

rbf5uu.jpg

2rygh3c.jpg

sbkfsz.jpg

Associate
You’re right haha! Horizontal it is!!

No gaming done on it yet, and only just moved into my new place a week ago.

TV was purchased back in June, but has only been used for a week... I’ve set the pixel refresh to run when I turn the unit off tonight, disappointing for such low usage though :(

Soldato
not for your case, but, interesting functionality I had not seen previously mentioned in oc
Dingbatt: PMed you.
Am I right in recalling that the '8' series LG OLEDs also have a 'logo removal' setting? Where it looks for a static logo and virtually blanks it out.
Since LG is top of my shortlist, I'm hoping the pixel refresh isn't going to be a problem. Having said that, the family are well versed in looking after screens susceptible to burn in, having had Plasmas for more than a decade. (First rule: No Gaming).
EDIT: @Dingbatt I just changed the logo dimming setting form the maximum setting to "off" while watching One News. The solid part of the logo increased in brightness (noticeably, but not hugely), however the translucent part didn't appear to change at all. So the feature does do something on solid static logos.

Associate
You’re right haha! Horizontal it is!!

No gaming done on it yet, and only just moved into my new place a week ago.

TV was purchased back in June, but has only been used for a week... I’ve set the pixel refresh to run when I turn the unit off tonight, disappointing for such low usage though :(

Pressure on the screen perhaps?

Soldato
So, tonight my B7 has produced a vertical white band on it, so I’ve run the 5% YouTube test and doesn’t look great at all :(

I really wanted to avoid looking because I knew I’d find something... the vertical white band is basically unavoidable in normal viewing.

Purchased via Richer Sounds, should I call them??

rbf5uu.jpg

2rygh3c.jpg

sbkfsz.jpg
There was someone on avforums that had something that looked a lot like this which was meant to been caused by the sun shining on it

Back
Top Bottom