LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Soldato
I recently noticed something that is starting to bother me more and more - it’s difficult to explain but I’ve noticed some sort of blurring around a person who is moving. Anyone found something similar? I’m hoping it’s a setting I have enabled that I just need to switch off!

Soldato
or ... with c8 use BFI ?
(is blurring potentially worse on 50fps material or 24fps genuine film material ...do tv's identify when freeview@50hz is repeating frames to broadcast 24fps movies)

Soldato
Went to one my local shops looking at OLED TV's today

Notice they had one left of last year 65" b7 for £1600
and the sony AF8 for 55" £1600 / 65" £2100 (Think it was )
LG C8 55" £1600 / 65" £2100

Do these Price look about right ? :confused:
I went back today to get the exact prices of the OLED they had in stock (They had no LG 55C8 left)

R3wLUwA.jpg

Soldato
Just picked up the 65" C8 last night. Upgrading from the C6 55"

Was too late to set it up last night but I've been up since 3:30am getting it out of the box installing the brackets.

Tried to wake the other half up around 45mins ago to help me lift it onto the wall but she wasn't best pleased :(. Just mooping about now til she gets up.

Associate
Just picked up the 65" C8 last night. Upgrading from the C6 55"

Was too late to set it up last night but I've been up since 3:30am getting it out of the box installing the brackets.

Tried to wake the other half up around 45mins ago to help me lift it onto the wall but she wasn't best pleased :(. Just mooping about now til she gets up.

Haha! That’s true dedication!

Soldato
Make sure you have the motion smoothing switched off.. it’s awful.

or ... with c8 use BFI ?
(is blurring potentially worse on 50fps material or 24fps genuine film material ...do tv's identify when freeview@50hz is repeating frames to broadcast 24fps movies)

I've adjusted the settings, and hopefully that'll fix it - It seems to be more prevalent in movies, with fast action, so the test will be some sort of action film.

Soldato
Ok think I need to go to bed. Was about to phone the retailer and go nuts. Seemed as if the screen was covered in hundreds of tiny hairline scrapes.

Went to remove the power consumption and HdR stickers and noticed there is a screen protector covering the whole screen :p

Soldato
Ok think I need to go to bed. Was about to phone the retailer and go nuts. Seemed as if the screen was covered in hundreds of tiny hairline scrapes.

Went to remove the power consumption and HdR stickers and noticed there is a screen protector covering the whole screen :p

Go to page 20 of this thread, and you'll see I did the exact same thing :p :D

FYI - There's also a plastic covering on the back of the TV too! I know I wouldn't have noticed it unless someone on here told me about it :p

Soldato
Go to page 20 of this thread, and you'll see I did the exact same thing :p :D

FYI - There's also a plastic covering on the back of the TV too! I know I wouldn't have noticed it unless someone on here told me about it :p
lol I bet it's caught many a person out. I still didn't realize it was a full cover when I had a torch shinning on the screen.

Soldato
The B8/C8 don't seem to be that much better than the B7/C7?

It depends, unlike last year there's a difference between the B8 and C8 this year. The B8 uses the Alpha 7 processor, the same one last year's LG OLEDs used, whereas the C8 and other more expensive models use the Alpha 9 processor. In practice, from what I've read in reviews this means that the C8 is a bit more responsive in day-to-day use and has slightly better peak brightness (most noticeable in HDR content I think). I doubt any buyer would be unhappy with either though, and I doubt that unless you had the two side-by-side you'd see much difference.

The B7 seems to be getting harder to find, particularly at 55". I'm curious to see what the new Toshiba OLED is like. At £1299 for the 55" model it could potentially be a bit of a bargain for anyone buying an OLED in 2018. It's got an LG panel so as long as the processor and software are decent it should be fairly comparable to most other OLED TVs.

Back
Top Bottom