LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Associate
Oh man, the Drake Displays price comparison was all over the avforums.com LG B7 thread. I used it to get RS to agree the TV for the pre-hike price.

I'm gutted your having trouble with these guys. I hope you resolve the problem.

Soldato
For whatever its worth guys, I thought I'd update this thread that I started to tell you that its 99% likely that I have been scammed by Drake Displays. Stupidly fell for their card processing being "down" and paid via invoice/bank transfer. Never in my days have I have done something stupid like that, but yet I did last week. I got weird contrasting emails thereafter about damaged stock, about resending, and then cancelling / refund not forgetting being fobbed off on the phone about what the hell is going on and being put on hold as soon as I mention my name/order number.

I quickly saw something was amiss when browsing their trustedsite.com (others complaining and warning), it immediately sent alarm bells ringing but it was already too late. Some reports popped up on avforums and hotukdeals but too late for me to notice.

I like a few others on trustedsite have reported them to actionfraud.police.uk and completed their detailed form, so what happens next is anybody's guess. I very much doubt I'll see the money returned.

Oh well, I'll push ahead and still get another...I hope I don't encounter some of the issues mentioned in this thread!
Have you reported it to your bank? They may be able to refund you.

Soldato
OP
Have you reported it to your bank? They may be able to refund you.

Unfortunately not no, since it was a BT once the money has gone its gone they cannot reverse it or refund me under the usual credit card protections. The guy seemed a little smug telling me that part on the phone when I called the bank, but what can you do?...Except take it as a very big lesson learned! :(

Soldato
Unfortunately not no, since it was a BT once the money has gone its gone they cannot reverse it or refund me under the usual credit card protections. The guy seemed a little smug telling me that part on the phone when I called the bank, but what can you do?...Except take it as a very big lesson learned! :(

Sounds like shocking advice from your bank. Who do you bank with?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...our-money-back-if-you-paid-by-card-or-paypal/

Don't give up on that side of things.

Edit: the article doesn't mention BT charge back. Quite sickening if your bank won't help with that! Contact CAB as well.

Soldato
I was only ever going to use Drake to try and get a price match with RS, unfortunately by the time I tried, RS had suspended price matching with Drake - looks like that was a sensible decision.
Hope something gets sorted for you - but BT, unless a mistake has been made and the bank have paid the wrong people, so difficult to get money back. You have to understand the banks point of view, they were only doing as instructed, but fingers crossed you can get them to correct this one for you.

I've still got nothing more than a pricematch at JL for the B7 at £1599 which expires on 10th March.

Last edited:
Soldato
Damm Rameses, that really sucks..................

Just took delivery of my 2nd replacement.
Same bull.

Original TV had yellow stain across entire bottom
1st Replacement had yellow stain across entire top with yellow in middle as-well
2nd Replacement has yellow stain across entire bottom with yellow in middle as-well.

All various yellow stain levels never the same.

Getting a 3rd replacement on Thurs/Friday and if this isn't right, getting a refund. I'll stick with my Panasonic Plasma till they SORT THIS OUT.
£1500 on a sub-par quality TV is NOT HAPPENING.
I can't believe the majority of people are just accepting this (assuming the stain is a common issue which it seems it is reading around on AVforums etc) you really need to hold the manufacturer to a higher quality standard specially on expensive items.

Even more so when the entire point of the item is IMAGE QUALITY.

Soldato
You made me paranoid now so I checked as best I can and cannot see any stains anywhere.

It’s just my sodding sky at the moment that is driving me nuts. Since I upgraded to Sky UHD, I keep getting sound drop outs every now and again. Only happens on Dolby 5.1 and I know it’s not my Sonos setup as does not happen on Netflix etc.

Soldato
For whatever its worth guys, I thought I'd update this thread that I started to tell you that its 99% likely that I have been scammed by Drake Displays. Stupidly fell for their card processing being "down" and paid via invoice/bank transfer. Never in my days have I have done something stupid like that, but yet I did last week. I got weird contrasting emails thereafter about damaged stock, about resending, and then cancelling / refund not forgetting being fobbed off on the phone about what the hell is going on and being put on hold as soon as I mention my name/order number.

I quickly saw something was amiss when browsing their trustedsite.com (others complaining and warning), it immediately sent alarm bells ringing but it was already too late. Some reports popped up on avforums and hotukdeals but too late for me to notice.

I like a few others on trustedsite have reported them to actionfraud.police.uk and completed their detailed form, so what happens next is anybody's guess. I very much doubt I'll see the money returned.

Oh well, I'll push ahead and still get another...I hope I don't encounter some of the issues mentioned in this thread!

According to this:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11010519

The company was only formed in October 2017. It does list an address (albeit it points to a shopping centre in London) and a name though.

Soldato
You made me paranoid now so I checked as best I can and cannot see any stains anywhere.

It’s just my sodding sky at the moment that is driving me nuts. Since I upgraded to Sky UHD, I keep getting sound drop outs every now and again. Only happens on Dolby 5.1 and I know it’s not my Sonos setup as does not happen on Netflix etc.
Look on a 100% white background in a dark room. Give your eyes a minute to adjust.
Check for any uniformity irregularities from top to bottom.
Suppose it dedepend how sensitive you are to it.
What month is your tv from? Says on the sticker next to the power.

The tints are more noticeable on YouTube etc due to white being used allot in videos.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine has some yellow tint but nothing that would ruin any content unless literally an all white screen which lasted for 5+ seconds....

My first one was perfect for whites, second was pretty good too.

Banding wise, it is there but again not noticeable unless looking for it and even then only an issue for about 5% of the time, if that.

I rather put up with these issues of oled than LCD etc. issues.

Soldato
Look on a 100% white background in a dark room. Give your eyes a minute to adjust.
Check for any uniformity irregularities from top to bottom.
Suppose it dedepend how sensitive you are to it.
What month is your tv from? Says on the sticker next to the power.

The tints are more noticeable on YouTube etc due to white being used allot in videos.

Yeah it's what I did. Checked on a full white background and also on a black one and could not spot anything at all. Got the Mrs to check too and she couldn't notice anything unusual.

I will check the month once home. They were delivered to the shop in December and a fresh batch, but will let you know shortly.

The only real issue I had with the TV, was how slow the initial firmware upgrade was. The Wifi on the TV just seemed mega slow and I confirmed this by not being able to stream any content without constant buffering. As soon as the latest firmware was on, seemed to cure that problem.

Soldato

That sound issue is hit and miss also and a known fault when running sky through the TV arc and avr. Best work around now is optical out from sky straight to your avr. That or go into sky settings and change your HDMI audio out from Dolby to stereo.

Soldato
Yeah it's what I did. Checked on a full white background and also on a black one and could not spot anything at all. Got the Mrs to check too and she couldn't notice anything unusual.

I will check the month once home. They were delivered to the shop in December and a fresh batch, but will let you know shortly.

The only real issue I had with the TV, was how slow the initial firmware upgrade was. The Wifi on the TV just seemed mega slow and I confirmed this by not being able to stream any content without constant buffering. As soon as the latest firmware was on, seemed to cure that problem.
You must have got a good one!

Back
Top Bottom