• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LHR fully 100% unlocked now - expect GPU prices to rise

Soldato
You need an efficient modern current gen gou to make it worthwhile but for that £60 a month you were likley looking at £5 a month of leccy. You can also still use the rig. You can do everything bar game when mining and if you want to game you can turn mining off and then back on again when finished.

Don't see the issue myself

Using a 3080 Ti but I just don't see the point in putting undue stress on the system for long periods of time for an extra £2 per day especially when GPU's are bloody hard to get hold of right now and RMA's would likely take a fair while should anything go wrong.

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
I've already explained you can use your rig properly your choice though.

And I've already explained my stance, I use my GPU for more than gaming, Mining would cut into it making it unusable for my specific tasks, £3 per full 24 hours of mining while not being able to use my GPU is not worth it at all, If I had a 2nd rig that I wanted to mine with yeah sure but I don't.

Associate
I actually use my rig though, At night it gets turned off and the time I did try mining I got maybe £2 per day which wasn't worth the outlay in electricity and the inability to actually use my rig.

That’s fair enough, I wasn’t saying you should mine I was just disagreeing with you statement about mining not being worth it anymore.

I use my PC as much as I want since I’ve got 2 pc’s each with 2 gpu’s in them. When I want to game I just turn off mining on the 3080 and happily game away then when I’m done I mine on it again.

Caporegime
OP
And I've already explained my stance, I use my GPU for more than gaming, Mining would cut into it making it unusable for my specific tasks, £3 per full 24 hours of mining while not being able to use my GPU is not worth it at all, If I had a 2nd rig that I wanted to mine with yeah sure but I don't.

You don't need to mine 24 hours per day either. You can mine whilst asleep if you use your computer whilst awake

Permabanned
You don't need to mine 24 hours per day either. You can mine whilst asleep if you use your computer whilst awake

But all this, as Dicehunter said, is not worth it, energy prices are going to rise to couple hundred of pounds on our energy bills. £2 per day or less, risking your £1K plus GPU for that, and when those increased energy bills cut in, it might just not be worth it, unless you are a proper miner with many GPU setup and are doing mining full-time and then there are taxes to pay if you do, which many are not considering until they get hit with a tax bill.

Associate
Isn’t this unlock basically mining 2 profitable coins at the same time? That’s not really an unlock.

it's not a 100% unlock. just a click bait title. Eth is the only coin that is locked. a 100% unlock would mean Eth can be mined fully, but that's not the case at all.
heck this ' unlock' is even worse than just mining Eth at 70%. it's 30% Eth - which is most profitable coin - and 70% alt coin.

Associate
it's not a 100% unlock. just a click bait title. Eth is the only coin that is locked. a 100% unlock would mean Eth can be mined fully, but that's not the case at all.
heck this ' unlock' is even worse than just mining Eth at 70%. it's 30% Eth - which is most profitable coin - and 70% alt coin.

It’s more profitable to mine 30% eth and 70% alt then it is to mine just 70% just eth. It’s will never be a 100% unlock and miner have known that but have still brought them.

For a real miner and not just a hobby miner (like myself) efficiency is the most important thing. With this workaround they make more per card, they have been buying lhr right from the start. This just makes it more interesting for hobby miners who have stayed away from lhr in the most part so far.

Soldato
Are people really this short-sighted? "Only" £3 a day? Aka £1100 a year AND you still have the GPU (+years of warranty). But that's not worth it? Just wow. :eek:

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Are people really this short-sighted? "Only" £3 a day? Aka £1100 a year AND you still have the GPU (+years of warranty). But that's not worth it? Just wow. :eek:

Yes. However some just don't like mining/miners as they see GPU's that have not made it to 'gamers'. They seem really bitter about this and it shows. Like your point made though, most gamers can mine to make up for the expensive component outlay (or the gamers are also miners *shock horror* its like your not allowed to be both). Some have also made more money selling their last GPU and the upgrade has been free!!!

You still have the scalpers and AIB's making their margins which you cant always blame on other factors.

Associate

pretty much how I started, got my 3080 and wanted to recoup some of the cost. Now got 4 cards mining.

If someone is just dead set against mining I understand but people who say they can’t be bothered or it’s not worth it I just don’t understand. You can’t get your card for free with 6-7 months mining while ur not using it.

Back
Top Bottom