Lian Li O11D Vertical GPU Mount that allows for bottom fans?

Associate
I have just tried the Phanteks one, it would fit and allow fans underneath, but my next problem was that moving the GPU mount up like that meant my GPU would hit my CPU heatsink.

Got an EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3, which is fairly chunky and Noctua NH-U9S CPU cooler. I expect there would be no problems with the stock Ryzen heatsink or a waterblock.

Associate
And here is the Coolermaster one fitted. There's an absolute gnat's hair between the backplate of the GPU and my RAM, but as you can see it sits lower than the Phanteks one because the GPU doesn't hit the CPU heatsink.

50228624103_ea8626c276_o.jpg

Personally I would be inclined to go for the Pankteks one if you have a small CPU heatsink or waterblock - the GPU sits slightly further towards the glass side panel with the Phankets mount and you get more space underneath it for fans and a radiator.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have just tried the Phanteks one, it would fit and allow fans underneath, but my next problem was that moving the GPU mount up like that meant my GPU would hit my CPU heatsink.

Got an EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3, which is fairly chunky and Noctua NH-U9S CPU cooler. I expect there would be no problems with the stock Ryzen heatsink or a waterblock.
Hmmm interesting. I currently have an NZXT Kraken X73 but if that fails then I have a backup Nocturna NH-U14S.

Hmmm, interesting. I currently have an NZXT Kraken X73 but if that fails then I have a backup Nocturna NH-U14S.

Hmmm interesting. I currently have an NZXT Kraken X73 but if that fails then I have a backup Nocturna NH-U14S

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
And here is the Coolermaster one fitted. There's an absolute gnat's hair between the backplate of the GPU and my RAM, but as you can see it sits lower than the Phanteks one because the GPU doesn't hit the CPU heatsink.

50228624103_ea8626c276_o.jpg

Personally I would be inclined to go for the Pankteks one if you have a small CPU heatsink or waterblock - the GPU sits slightly further towards the glass side panel with the Phankets mount and you get more space underneath it for fans and a radiator.
Yeah after looking in depth at the coolermaster photos it appears the V2 is a similar size to the V1 and will work, with the obvious improvements. I have just sent coolermaster a message asking if the riser cable in their v2 mount is replaceable with other third party ones (PCIe 4.0 for next gen of GPUs) So it looks like I'll get the V2 and then see if it works. I'll report back in a bit - I'm going away so don't expect a reply for around 10 days

Associate
I have just sent coolermaster a message asking if the riser cable in their v2 mount is replaceable with other third party ones (PCIe 4.0 for next gen of GPUs)

I see no reason why it won't be, although you may not actually be able to crew a third party one into the underside of the vertical mount - but you could have it just slotted onto the GPU PCI-E connector and held on without any screws. I expect CM may say third party ones aren't compatible, on the basis they may not match up with the screwholes on the underneath of the vertical mount.

Associate
OP
I see no reason why it won't be, although you may not actually be able to crew a third party one into the underside of the vertical mount - but you could have it just slotted onto the GPU PCI-E connector and held on without any screws. I expect CM may say third party ones aren't compatible, on the basis they may not match up with the screwholes on the underneath of the vertical mount.
Fair point. I'll see what they say and order one. I'll let you all know in a week or so if it works!

Well unfortunately they've gone out of stock everywhere so I'll have to wait a while. I'll update this post when I manage to get my hands on one!

Fair point. I'll see what they say and order one. I'll let you all know in a week or so if it works!
The new one does look much better. Sounds like a plan!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Hi, interested in buying the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Midi-Tower and wanting to know if I could install 3 fans at the bottom while having GPU vertically installed if yes which one would i need ?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi, interested in buying the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Midi-Tower and wanting to know if I could install 3 fans at the bottom while having GPU vertically installed if yes which one would i need ?

Thanks
Yes you can, i have a rad and 3 fans at the bottom with a verti mount. I'm using the Phanteks variant to achieve this though i suspect a few others will offer the same.

G1qBRaR.jpg

Soldato
@Jay85 thanks was worried it being the mid tower and thought I read about not being able to but that could have been with the Lian Li vertical mount , also very impressive build :eek:

Soldato
@Jay85 thanks was worried it being the mid tower and thought I read about not being able to but that could have been with the Lian Li vertical mount , also very impressive build :eek:
You're welcome mate, i was in your shoes for awhile but just took the plunge and bought multiple verti mounts to test. The phanteks ended up being the one that worked best for me and returned the others.

Thanks, the builds been changed so many times haha.

Associate
Wait are you sure? How much would you want for it? (It appears I missed these past couple of messages.)
I was going to send it to you so you could try it, bearing in mind you said you couldn't get hold of one as they are out of stock.

I'm happy to send it to you and if it works for you, you keep hold of it and perhaps make a charity donation to a cancer hospice or air ambulance.

Associate
OP
I was going to send it to you so you could try it, bearing in mind you said you couldn't get hold of one as they are out of stock.

I'm happy to send it to you and if it works for you, you keep hold of it and perhaps make a charity donation to a cancer hospice or air ambulance.

Thats so generous of you! I already think it's going to fit so I'll donate £40 to Cancer Research UK. Are you sure you don't want anything for it? Also how much do you want me to pay for postage?

Associate
Thats so generous of you! I already think it's going to fit so I'll donate £40 to Cancer Research UK. Are you sure you don't want anything for it? Also how much do you want me to pay for postage?
What you want to donate, I will leave upto you - £40 seems a lot. Why don't you wait until you've got it, make sure it suits your setup?

I don't have any need of it, I'm happy with the Phanteks one and it fits my install a bit better. Just wanted to help a fellow OCUK'er out, I'm a believer in karma and all that! I'll cover the postage, don't be silly.

Trust me your details, I will post it ASAP.

Associate
OP
What you want to donate, I will leave upto you - £40 seems a lot. Why don't you wait until you've got it, make sure it suits your setup?

I don't have any need of it, I'm happy with the Phanteks one and it fits my install a bit better. Just wanted to help a fellow OCUK'er out, I'm a believer in karma and all that! I'll cover the postage, don't be silly.

Trust me your details, I will post it ASAP.
Okay my address is
NOT AVAILABLE

Are you really sure you don't want me to pay for postage as I'll happily pay. Also please tell me when you've read this as I'll delete it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom