Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

Associate
Hello guys first of all nice rigs i must say the dynamic looks impressive, i need a few suggestions, i have also posted in other threads but i got no response so here`s another try. I bought the O11 Air RGB version but as you know it`s pretty much the same case as the dynamic. I also bought this Aorus 360 Liquid Cooler (the one with the LCD screen) and i`m not sure where to mount the radiator, from what i understand there are 2 options, on top (exhaust) or on the side (exhaust). I`m just wondering if any of you have this case and did some tests with the case maxed out with fans as i cannot seem to find this information anywhere, all posts are about the dynamic version.

Associate
There does seem to be a consensus that mounting a rad with exhaust is optimal. Just wondering where this has come from. From my experience - and easily back-up-able - rads work much more efficiently using cool air from outside the case (as much as 5 - 10 degrees) rather than exhaust. There is an argument that this brings warmer air in to cool other components but in reality this is negligible (1 to 2 degrees) when measuring, for instance, graphics card temps.

Associate
Also yes, I could not find a configuration like mine, in fact corsair had to assist me with the fan configuration, to make sure that the setup would work.

Associate
I've been looking for a new case to replace my Corsiar Carbide 400c. You've inspired me. Just ordered the Dynamic XL and a 150i. Commander pro and a basket full of RGB fans can wait until next month. I plan to slowly but surely replace that with a Custom loop but that will be the following months.

*edit* Dammit - beans all Month - grabbed a Commander pro. Couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Associate
b8t7Ka3

First pass. Took much longer than expected to extract parts from the 400C. RBG Node in transit. Wires behind the motherboard are a mess but you can't see those! Commander pro is a nice toy!

Couple of comments on the case. Still a lot of screws required on Lian-Li cases. Box this size i'd have expected more innovative 'slide and click' style drive bays. Also ITS MASSIVE! but beautiful.

d0pt8ph.jpg

Soldato
b8t7Ka3

First pass. Took much longer than expected to extract parts from the 400C. RBG Node in transit. Wires behind the motherboard are a mess but you can't see those! Commander pro is a nice toy!

Couple of comments on the case. Still a lot of screws required on Lian-Li cases. Box this size i'd have expected more innovative 'slide and click' style drive bays. Also ITS MASSIVE! but beautiful.

d0pt8ph.jpg
The slide and click is available on the XL model for the removable drive bays for instance. I do agree though it could have had a few more innovative features thats available on a lot of cases these days. Can’t say i remove my drives very often though haha

Associate
it has proper server type hot swap bays. Screw the drives in then slide and click away. Totally agree though - once they are in they are in. Got some of the fans lit now. EK fans have weird plugs that don't fit onto the Corsair lighting hub which is a mild PITA. Next step is extending my study to it fits properly!

Soldato
On a different note, had anyone attempted a custom front panel yet to replace the glass panel to fit fans for more airflow? Contemplating trying this out with a custom cut perspex sheet and some 15mm thick fans since im quite limited on space.

Associate
MORE AIRFLOW?? You building a wind-tunnel? Does anyone else have an invisible imp that plants fingerprints on the inside of the glass? And any tips for cable management behind the mobo would be handy. Between the electric octopus and all the fan and drive cabled it's a right mess back there!

Just thinking about your question though - could you not buy a spare tempered glass front and get it cut to take fans? thing being unless it's exhaust you'd probably want dust filters to what about a mesh style front 'window'?

Associate
MORE AIRFLOW?? You building a wind-tunnel? Does anyone else have an invisible imp that plants fingerprints on the inside of the glass? And any tips for cable management behind the mobo would be handy. Between the electric octopus and all the fan and drive cabled it's a right mess back there!

Just thinking about your question though - could you not buy a spare tempered glass front and get it cut to take fans? thing being unless it's exhaust you'd probably want dust filters to what about a mesh style front 'window'?

Maybe it's in anticipation to cool down the rurmoured/upcoming high end RDNA cards!

Soldato

Maybe it's in anticipation to cool down the rurmoured/upcoming high end RDNA cards!

Anticipation maybe... but more to get that cool air into the case. Running 3 rads means all my fans slots are occupied with pulling in cool air through rads which is then hot air being circulated around the case and exhausted via the top through the top rad with push pull fans. Having 3 intake fans at the front without a rad infront of it will mean cooler temps!. I've seen performance-pcs do a few panels but its pricey, would love to do my own.

Associate
On a different note, had anyone attempted a custom front panel yet to replace the glass panel to fit fans for more airflow? Contemplating trying this out with a custom cut perspex sheet and some 15mm thick fans since im quite limited on space.
That`s like the Lian Li O11 Air man why would you custom the dynamic when there already is a version of it with "more airflow" haha.

Soldato
That`s like the Lian Li O11 Air man why would you custom the dynamic when there already is a version of it with "more airflow" haha.

Simply put, the O11D is much more aesthetically pleasing haha. With the dynamic full of rads, it'd be nice to have fresh air intake thats not hindered by a radiator behind it.

On another note, i'm bored and want to tinker with the case to keep me busy :p.

Back
Top Bottom