Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

Soldato
The biggest thing for me with the xl is the hot swappable drive bays at the rear - being a photographer it will come in handy with my new 6tb drives going in soon.

The normal 011 was a no go as my gfx card wouldn't fit in the conventional way and if I had a vertical riser kit then it takes away a rad.

I'm going to find out tomorrow if i can fit a rad at the bottom. I've ordered a TX360 20.5mm thick rad for the bottom. I measured if i moved the vertical bracket up 1 slot i could squeeze the rad in... it will be tight but it should fit just fine. That'll give me a total of 240+360+360 radiator capacity. If it works then i'll look at replacing the top rad for another 360 as well.

Currently looks like this:

6T56qsr.jpg

Associate
Nice looking builds, makes me want to go for the dynamic instead of the Air version. I dont have any water-cooling apart from a 280mm AIO.

I was thinking of going for the dynamic, and putting;

280mm AIO at the top (Corsair H110i GT: 2x140mm),
2x120 at the bottom (Akasa AK-183-L2B - I have two laying down spaire),
3x120mm fans on the side (Corsair SP120 RGB PRO),

Would this work okay? many thanks

Associate
Nice looking builds, makes me want to go for the dynamic instead of the Air version. I dont have any water-cooling apart from a 280mm AIO.

I was thinking of going for the dynamic, and putting;

280mm AIO at the top (Corsair H110i GT: 2x140mm),
2x120 at the bottom (Akasa AK-183-L2B - I have two laying down spaire),
3x120mm fans on the side (Corsair SP120 RGB PRO),

Would this work okay? many thanks
It all sounds good to me, however @Jay85 has the 011 original, whereas I have the XL, so he would be better to ask :)

Associate
Just finished my build. Not as impressive as some of these custom loops, but I'm really happy with it. Love this case, I think it looks great, and I love the way that the PSU and drives all tuck away nicely.

FXl720C.jpg

L4XFwik.jpg

Associate
Just finished my build. Not as impressive as some of these custom loops, but I'm really happy with it. Love this case, I think it looks great, and I love the way that the PSU and drives all tuck away nicely.

FXl720C.jpg

L4XFwik.jpg
Lovely build mate! The 011 is such a great case for clean builds :)

Soldato
I can confirm that you can indeed fit a slim 360 rad at the bottom while using Phanteks Vertical gpu mount! Looks awesome! Down a few more degrees too on the gpu and cpu!

SgSCEGE.jpg

MPJJG6a.jpg

yBfcbq4.jpg

L0uLjiY.jpg

l3FiaHI.jpg

Soldato
Whos a right muppet? ME!

I always thought that when I looked at my Lian-Li case, "man it looks good, the only thing is the quality control on the glass, front and side panel.."

But no! After installing my 2070s today I realised I still had the film on the insides of the glass panels :eek:

Now it looks soooo much cleaner and attractive in all its glory!

It really is a top, top case for teh money!

Sorry about the quality of my ***** camera!

V0vqfHB.jpg

Soldato
Great setup @orbitalwalsh real sleek.

Quick question guys..

since I removed the film from the inside of the window and front panel, my temps on the GPU / CPU are down a couple of degrees they never were before?

Could the film have been some minor isulation, or am i tripping?

Soldato

Thats beautiful mate! Love the halos on the fans, gives a really nice effect! Good job with it!

Great setup @orbitalwalsh real sleek.

Quick question guys..

since I removed the film from the inside of the window and front panel, my temps on the GPU / CPU are down a couple of degrees they never were before?

Could the film have been some minor isulation, or am i tripping?

It shouldn't make any difference at all, has your ambient temps changed at all in the last few days? Your rig temps will change with your homes ambient temps, if you drop a few degrees in your house, so will your pc temps as well.

For instance my gpu and cpu will run 44c and 65c respectively with ambient temps around 23c. If i drop my ambient temps down to 20c then my gpu and cpu temps will drop in temps in similar amounts.

Haha just read your previous post, i did the same with mine as well. Didn't realise there was film on the inside and thought it looked abit murky. Realised after the build and swiftly removed it haha!

Soldato
@Jay85

cheers, the rippled texture of silent wings do make the halo frames lighting attractive :)

seeing with adding another 240 rad and water cooling GPU in my modded silverstone ITX case, may then move to Lian Li O11D Mini !

Soldato
@Jay85

cheers, the rippled texture of silent wings do make the halo frames lighting attractive :)

seeing with adding another 240 rad and water cooling GPU in my modded silverstone ITX case, may then move to Lian Li O11D Mini !
Yeah it works really well! Love the effect its giving off, can't fault it all. I considered getting these but opted to get some corsair ML120 pro white led fans instead. The RGB was messing up my coolant colour.

Just seen it today on lian li's fb page! The mini looks awesome! Contemplating building a rig for my wife or moving her Athlon system in there as it looks good for its compact size.

Soldato
Yeah it works really well! Love the effect its giving off, can't fault it all. I considered getting these but opted to get some corsair ML120 pro white led fans instead. The RGB was messing up my coolant colour.

Just seen it today on lian li's fb page! The mini looks awesome! Contemplating building a rig for my wife or moving her Athlon system in there as it looks good for its compact size.

compact size.... still think they should have used main chamber size of the standard Dynamic and not the XL. ditch 120mm fan for 92mm - would have tucked width in by another 20mm along with SFX saving - though it it comes in white, will be on it i think

Soldato
Thats beautiful mate! Love the halos on the fans, gives a really nice effect! Good job with it!

It shouldn't make any difference at all, has your ambient temps changed at all in the last few days? Your rig temps will change with your homes ambient temps, if you drop a few degrees in your house, so will your pc temps as well.

For instance my gpu and cpu will run 44c and 65c respectively with ambient temps around 23c. If i drop my ambient temps down to 20c then my gpu and cpu temps will drop in temps in similar amounts.

Haha just read your previous post, i did the same with mine as well. Didn't realise there was film on the inside and thought it looked abit murky. Realised after the build and swiftly removed it haha!

No, nothing changed, and I check my temps all the time :rolleyes:

Will keep an eye on it anyways, as im not fussed as my temps before were still decent.

Soldato
No, nothing changed, and I check my temps all the time :rolleyes:

Will keep an eye on it anyways, as im not fussed as my temps before were still decent.

What are you temps before and after just out of interest?

compact size.... still think they should have used main chamber size of the standard Dynamic and not the XL. ditch 120mm fan for 92mm - would have tucked width in by another 20mm along with SFX saving - though it it comes in white, will be on it i think

Ah didn't realise they used the XL chamber and not the dynamic... thats a shame. So actually its not much smaller than the original dynamic then? I dunno, i kinda like the idea of a 120mm exhaust fan, i miss it from the dynamic somewhat but gotten use to it now as everything just exhausts upwards instead of backwards.

VVyztZr.jpg

Soldato
What are you temps before and after just out of interest?

Ah didn't realise they used the XL chamber and not the dynamic... thats a shame. So actually its not much smaller than the original dynamic then? I dunno, i kinda like the idea of a 120mm exhaust fan, i miss it from the dynamic somewhat but gotten use to it now as everything just exhausts upwards instead of backwards.

VVyztZr.jpg

In a coolish room, my CPU / GPU are idle around 26-29c and since removing the film has come down a couple of degrees.

Soldato
In a coolish room, my CPU / GPU are idle around 26-29c and since removing the film has come down a couple of degrees.
Very odd, can't really explain that one if its nothing to do with ambient temps. Can't imagine some plastic film would trap more heat than a solid glass panel would. But then again since learning how RGB lights effect coolant colours, it wouldn't surprise me at all haha.

Soldato
Very odd, can't really explain that one if its nothing to do with ambient temps. Can't imagine some plastic film would trap more heat than a solid glass panel would. But then again since learning how RGB lights effect coolant colours, it wouldn't surprise me at all haha.

Its OK though, im happy with the temps, currently tweaking my GPU for in game temps, needs to go slightly higher for fan speed. But coming from a "blower-style" cooler its still far quieter, plus headphones come into the mix :cool:

Soldato
Its OK though, im happy with the temps, currently tweaking my GPU for in game temps, needs to go slightly higher for fan speed. But coming from a "blower-style" cooler its still far quieter, plus headphones come into the mix :cool:
is that a msi ventus card you have? They run similar to the gaming x which is super quiet!

Soldato
is that a msi ventus card you have? They run similar to the gaming x which is super quiet!

Yes mate, it is the VENTUS I have. When I first opened it I thought, "man, this cooler isnt going to do much I dont think!", but after some tweaking and a good sesh of MW, im getting around 66-67 degrees with about 68-70 % fan speed, which I stopped in game, took my headphones off, and must say was suprised at how the sound was not even close to my "blower" I had before. And it looks very understated, but looks pretty good at the same time imo.

Happy so far :D

Back
Top Bottom