** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC EDITION - A NEW ENTHUSIAST PRICE/PERFORMANCE CONTENDER ARRIVES **

Soldato
Both of these are a problem. First issue is it is too wide to fit in the rear section and it cannot be mounted front side either as my other rad/fans gets in the way. So for the vertical mount max size that can be fitted is 40mm when using dual 360mm rads.

2018-07-09%2016.01.03.jpg

2018-07-09%2016.01.14.jpg

I'm switching to a 40mm thick rad for the vertical mounted position, that will fix the issue.

Associate
Both of these are a problem. First issue is it is too wide to fit in the rear section and it cannot be mounted front side either as my other rad/fans gets in the way. So for the vertical mount max size that can be fitted is 40mm when using dual 360mm rads.

I'm switching to a 40mm thick rad for the vertical mounted position, that will fix the issue.

Ah OK I get ya. Cheers for the pics :)

I've got an old 280mm rad lying around that I'm hoping to use in the top.

Associate
Damn, a 40mm thick rad works, but.... the ports are too far on the edge, and cannot go in, at least for XSPC rads anyway. Think I'm gunna have to mount it on the front side, but I didnt wanna do that

Ah damn. I did wonder how tube routing would go from the back. Guessing there's no way it would work? That mean you could only mount a 240mm rad at the back for tube routing?

Associate
after some dremelling I got this up and in

To fit the rad I also had to do this. I will sand it smooth soon.

Nothing that will be visible when done. My dremelling days are gone I hope. I played it safe and put in an EK SE 360 vertically, was still a tight fit back there with the case cabling. Put a thicker rad on the roof though, plenty of room there.

Those Bora Lite's? Been waiting for OcUK to stock them to go with the pack I won. Might resort to Caseking if the last of my stuff arrives soon.

Associate
Any update on the ETA for the white ones? I was told these were due Friday and Ace picked one up Monday? But my order still hasn't shipped and the product page just says Pre-order?

Associate
Just after a bit of advice for my build.

Was planning to atach the radiator and the fans to the case by sandwiching them over the case side radiator mount. This is going to create a gap of about 1mm between the two...

Is this going to effect the cooling performance do you think?

Ta!

Soldato
My build is done, just need to have a walk over OcUK soon and grab some more fluid. 1litre wasn't enough.

I will swap the PCI-E cables too, they are a mess and hitting the side window, because its a 8pin and 6 pin coming off the 8 pin, I will swap to seperates I think, will look tidier.

2018-07-11%2012.45.05.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Just after a bit of advice for my build.

Was planning to atach the radiator and the fans to the case by sandwiching them over the case side radiator mount. This is going to create a gap of about 1mm between the two...

Is this going to effect the cooling performance do you think?

Ta!
shouldn't do but you can always grab some of the foam stick on rubber radiator gaskets ocuk sell

Associate
My build is done, just need to have a walk over OcUK soon and grab some more fluid. 1litre wasn't enough.

I will swap the PCI-E cables too, they are a mess and hitting the side window, because its a 8pin and 6 pin coming off the 8 pin, I will swap to seperates I think, will look tidier.

Looks good mate.

What's the temps like with side intake and top exhaust? (Guessing that's what you've gone for :))

Man of Honour
Would this case take 1 x 360mm rad & 2 x 240mm rads? Rads are the Black Ice Nemesis GTX's @ 54mm deep.

I see the specs suggest one of the rads has to be slim if 360mm's are used, but thought with 2 x 240mm's they wouldn't clash?

Soldato
Yes, you can install 240mm in top and bottom and a 360mm in the rear side. (but be careful some 40mm 360mm do not fit, because of the connector port location.

And actually I have 2 x 360mm and I could have fitted a 360mm in the bottom if I only had 1 GPU - but I have two.

I could remove the lower GPU and install a 360mm rad and have fans under blowing up, and mount my pump/res where it is now but on top of the rad using the fan mount as the bracket is for 120mm mounts. (but the vertical cannot be more than 50mm to fit behind - I'd buy a thinner rad for the vertical mount)

2018-07-13%2018.44.14%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks Ace :)

So just to be clear, the rads are 54mm + 25mm fan (79mm total) even though the specs say 50mm Max they seem to be referring to the 360mm, but I'll be using a 240mm there?

Why is the restriction for 50mm, what are they saying will clash if it's deeper?

Soldato
The 50mm restriction is if you mount the rad at the rear side like I have done here:

2018-07-10%2010.04.56%20%28Custom%29.jpg

If you used 240mm in top and bottom then you should be able to use a thicker rad but on the front side of the vertical mount - not the rear side. You should have room then for a 54mm 360mm rad.

You 100% cannot use 360mm or top or bottom and anything thicker than a 50mm in the vertical mount - because if using 360mm in top or bottom it would block any 360mm in the front side on the vertical mount.

Back
Top Bottom