** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC - IT'S RAZER TIME **

Soldato
It's funny isn't it how one thing winds up leading to buying another?

I am considering getting one of the NZXT AIO coolers (probably X52 or X62), not because my current one doesn't work, but because I really like the infinity mirror look on the pump :)

Not got RGB RAM at the moment but can sell my existing Corsair Vengeance, and pick up the PRO RGB kit. My current stuff is model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 so it looks like the 3000mhz DDR4 stuff (2 x 8GB).

Last edited:
Associate
It's funny isn't it how one thing winds up leading to buying another?

I am considering getting one of the NZXT AIO coolers (probably X52 or X62), not because my current one doesn't work, but because I really like the infinity mirror look on the pump :)

Not got RGB RAM at the moment but can sell my existing Corsair Vengeance, and pick up the PRO RGB kit. My current stuff is model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 so it looks like the 3000mhz DDR4 stuff (2 x 8GB).

Happens every time, it's a habit I really need to break... but probably never will :p

I used to have the x62 and I'm not sure if it was the lack of performance of the cooler of it was actually just broke but the temps were sky high for me after mounting it a few different times, ended up just sending it back and getting the H150i which has been superb.

I've got the CMR32GX4M4C3200C16W variant, so 32GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz and I've just gone with that again for the Pro series which have far better looking RGB strips on them.

And yeah I've got a few RGB software suites installed, I do wish it was integrated a bit more into one thing as it's a bit much with Corsair iCue running, Razer Synapse, Asus Aura, MSI Mystic Light, if only Razer made mobos, fans and RAM would be sorted... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yep the RGB Pro looks good to me, think I'll be OK with 2 sticks at 16GB, you can get "Fake" sticks that just light up though, but the cost is about 25% of the cost of having the RAM. Will probably just see how I get on with having 2 sticks, will probably get tired of it and want to get the full 4 sticks sooner or later lol!

I was looking at the X62 Kraken but it's £30 more, and frankly the main difference seems to be that the fans and radiator are a bit bigger! :)

Associate
Got some comp pics for you :) ...*SNIP*

Hey chap - really appreciate you taking the time. I've been happy with what I've seen in terms of visibility of peoples Razer builds, but feel much better knowing that you have the same. The tint def looks darker with the covers on, so will be nice when it comes off. I'm sure that when playing in the evening it becomes even more clearer. Thanks again chap. JP

...I am considering getting one of the NZXT AIO coolers (probably X52 or X62), not because my current one doesn't work, but because I really like the infinity mirror look on the pump :)

When deciding my build I was looking at the x72 as I wanted to have a full 360, and its by far the best looking pump head there is. I debated it a hell of a lot, but decided against it due to too many horror stories with the CAM software. Now I'm sure that what Ive read is from a vocal minority, but they have persisted for quite a while and not sure I wanted to chance it. Begrudgingly I went for a Corsair H150i as it was only £125 this week, which is a great price relatively.

It doesnt look as good, but its performs relatively well with decent fans.

Just worth thinking about. It DOES look so good though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey chap - really appreciate you taking the time. I've been happy with what I've seen in terms of visibility of peoples Razer builds, but feel much better knowing that you have the same. The tint def looks darker with the covers on, so will be nice when it comes off. I'm sure that when playing in the evening it becomes even more clearer. Thanks again chap. JP

When deciding my build I was looking at the x72 as I wanted to have a full 360, and its by far the best looking pump head there is. I debated it a hell of a lot, but decided against it due to too many horror stories with the CAM software. Now I'm sure that what Ive read is from a vocal minority, but they have persisted for quite a while and not sure I wanted to chance it. Begrudgingly I went for a Corsair H150i as it was only £125 this week, which is a great price relatively.

It doesnt look as good, but its performs relatively well with decent fans.

Just worth thinking about. It DOES look so good though.

No problem :)

Yes I've heard similar stories about the CAM software, apparently the spying stuff has been modified now but will see.

I was looking at the Corsair H115i PRO as it's £100, and I wanted either a 240mm or a 280mm one. But I decided against it as I wasn't a fan of the pump head which is a shame as Corsair stuff is normally pretty good.

Guess if you want infinity mirror finish some sacrifices need to be made! :D

Associate
No problem :)

Yes I've heard similar stories about the CAM software, apparently the spying stuff has been modified now but will see.

I was looking at the Corsair H115i PRO as it's £100, and I wanted either a 240mm or a 280mm one. But I decided against it as I wasn't a fan of the pump head which is a shame as Corsair stuff is normally pretty good.

Guess if you want infinity mirror finish some sacrifices need to be made! :D

The Lian Li AIO they recently showed off looks nice and quite discreet actually.

Case arrived yesterday and shall be changing over the build on Monday, been using the Deathadder Elite though which I like, definitely prefer it over the Mamba Wireless.

Think I'll be going with 3 intake on the bottom with the 150i on top as exhaust, tempted to go just for blacked out non-RGB fans and just use the case lighting as I think that may be enough to satisfy my RGB needs.

I'll try turning the LL fans off and seeing what it looks like.

Soldato
The Lian Li AIO they recently showed off looks nice and quite discreet actually.

Case arrived yesterday and shall be changing over the build on Monday, been using the Deathadder Elite though which I like, definitely prefer it over the Mamba Wireless.

Think I'll be going with 3 intake on the bottom with the 150i on top as exhaust, tempted to go just for blacked out non-RGB fans and just use the case lighting as I think that may be enough to satisfy my RGB needs.

I'll try turning the LL fans off and seeing what it looks like.

How has your build been going?

After some to and fro'ing I have wound up with this config:

kWX6bwwh.jpg

This is with the Kraken x52 AIO as intake on the side, and the 3 Thermaltake Riing Trio fans on the top as exhausts. The fans at the top actually do a good job of lighting up the rest of the components slightly without being totally in your face (I just see the edges of the lighting).

The effect in real life is a little more subtle than pictured, once again my camera fails to capture it that well :)

The noiseblocker fans I was using seem to be on the way out, at least one of them sounds like the bearings are going.

Probably the last thing I will be doing is getting some Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, the prices on that keep dropping though so may hold out for a bit.

Associate
That Kraken DOES look good. How are you finding the SW. Suits the case well. I get what you mean about what not wanting to have things go overboard. What you have there looks akin to a decent lighting strip.

Tangent - did you say that was a Karlby or Hammarp? I can get a karlby 2nd hand but its been cut from the 2m+ variant, so has the open edge (as its 3mm veneer), so looking for some of the edging boards that come with it (this one doesnt). If you have some that you dont need give me a shout.

Associate
Got it all set up earlier, I love the look of the case but I think building in it could've been nicer.

There's less room in the back of it then I thought there'd be, had to squish a lot of cables in there, there also wasn't really any good place to put the Corsair Commander or the Lighting Node had to stick them on top of the PSU.

I also think the Gaming X Trio is too big and it's blocking the airflow from the intakes at the bottom so the CPU is warmer than it should be so I'll look at getting the Coolermaster vertical bracket for that which I wanted anyway.

I do really need some Cablemode Pro cable, the ones I've got now are such a pain to get right, spent ages messing about with them and they just went back to their usual position anyway.

FYr2Avz.jpg

YzvpC9O.jpg

Soldato
That Kraken DOES look good. How are you finding the SW. Suits the case well. I get what you mean about what not wanting to have things go overboard. What you have there looks akin to a decent lighting strip.

Tangent - did you say that was a Karlby or Hammarp? I can get a karlby 2nd hand but its been cut from the 2m+ variant, so has the open edge (as its 3mm veneer), so looking for some of the edging boards that come with it (this one doesnt). If you have some that you dont need give me a shout.

Thanks! and yes it's even slightly pronounced in the image above more than in reality, the top especially looks a lot brighter in the pic than it does to me from here for example.

I have the Hammarp I'm afraid not the Karlby. I think Karly is just the lower maintenance version of this really, but there are some differences besides (Hammarp is stronger due to being solid wood).

Beyond the RGB RAM I think it's just some minor adjustments I need to do now, considering putting the AIO one 120MM slot lower down for instance, might give a more pleasant run for the tubing. Some cable re-runs as well perhaps here and there as I want to keep things pretty clean.

Soldato
Got it all set up earlier, I love the look of the case but I think building in it could've been nicer.

There's less room in the back of it then I thought there'd be, had to squish a lot of cables in there, there also wasn't really any good place to put the Corsair Commander or the Lighting Node had to stick them on top of the PSU.

I also think the Gaming X Trio is too big and it's blocking the airflow from the intakes at the bottom so the CPU is warmer than it should be so I'll look at getting the Coolermaster vertical bracket for that which I wanted anyway.

I do really need some Cablemode Pro cable, the ones I've got now are such a pain to get right, spent ages messing about with them and they just went back to their usual position anyway.

Looking good though!

My cabling behind the scenes is reasonably spaghetti like lol, even with a modular PSU with minimal things attached. Adding things like RGB fans and hubs (Thermaltake has a hub for the Riing fans) definitely makes for a bit of a headscratcher logistically. I don't know about you but I removed the "Cable tray" thing and also the hard drive bay as well to make some room. The only hard drive I have attached currently is the 500GB Samsung EVO 970 NVME.

You may be right about the GPU as we have the same one, but have you considered putting them as intakes on the side? I think the bottom is never going to be as good due to airflow under the case being sub-optimal. I don't think it would make much difference if the GPU was a smaller one like the Ventus I had prior.

I saw this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves) and decided that it was a good enough reason to move stuff about, for one my RGB fans were facing the ugly way around to act as intakes, and for two I think the fans on top look better for the overall thing (for my setup anyway).

Are the Cablemode Pro cables specific for certain PSU manufacturers? Look good but I'm reluctant to swap out my 850W Platinum BeQuiet PSU :)

Soldato
P.S. Can you do me a favour and see if your Huntsman Elite is making a high pitched noise from the keys when it's lit up?

At 100% brightness mine does, just wondering if it's just me, or if's a design issue. I can hear it from my normal sitting distance so I've had to set the brightness to 30% to reduce it enough to stop it bugging me. At 0% it's totally silent so definitely tied into the RGB on the kb.

Soldato
@Adexus

get the cooler master mount! well worth it and should drop a few degrees with GPU temps

Dynamic/Air filters sent out today from Demciflex via Capetown... least it should be here by end of the week :D

Associate
Looking good though!

My cabling behind the scenes is reasonably spaghetti like lol, even with a modular PSU with minimal things attached. Adding things like RGB fans and hubs (Thermaltake has a hub for the Riing fans) definitely makes for a bit of a headscratcher logistically. I don't know about you but I removed the "Cable tray" thing and also the hard drive bay as well to make some room. The only hard drive I have attached currently is the 500GB Samsung EVO 970 NVME.

You may be right about the GPU as we have the same one, but have you considered putting them as intakes on the side? I think the bottom is never going to be as good due to airflow under the case being sub-optimal. I don't think it would make much difference if the GPU was a smaller one like the Ventus I had prior.

I saw this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves) and decided that it was a good enough reason to move stuff about, for one my RGB fans were facing the ugly way around to act as intakes, and for two I think the fans on top look better for the overall thing (for my setup anyway).

Are the Cablemode Pro cables specific for certain PSU manufacturers? Look good but I'm reluctant to swap out my 850W Platinum BeQuiet PSU :)

Cabling the RGB fans in again really makes me wish I just got some black fans lol, I may still switch just so it's easier in the future plus I don't think RGB fans is necessary in this case as it still looks stunning without them turned on because of the case lighting.

Yeah I removed the HDD tray as well and I kept the cable tray in as I mounted my SSD onto it and it wasn't much hassle fitting it in, other than figuring out how it installed on there in the first place....

I'm thinking of getting 3 more fans for the side as intake, get 3 black ones and just have fan splitters going into the Commander pro (even more cables! :eek:) but I'll get the vertical GPU bracket and see how that performs first!

And yeah they're PSU specific apart from the extensions but I definitely don't want extensions at the back of this, would be no room at all! So I'd have to get the Seasonic Focus or something as I'd have to order them from Cablemod's site specifically for my Coolermaster V850 :(

P.S. Can you do me a favour and see if your Huntsman Elite is making a high pitched noise from the keys when it's lit up?

At 100% brightness mine does, just wondering if it's just me, or if's a design issue. I can hear it from my normal sitting distance so I've had to set the brightness to 30% to reduce it enough to stop it bugging me. At 0% it's totally silent so definitely tied into the RGB on the kb.

Well, I never noticed but yep there is a high pitched noise coming from it, it's not high enough for me to notice it in normal use though, thing's like that I usually can hear and it really annoys me, and I generally have headphones on anyways :p

That does look good!

It does indeed!

@Adexus

get the cooler master mount! well worth it and should drop a few degrees with GPU temps

Dynamic/Air filters sent out today from Demciflex via Capetown... least it should be here by end of the week :D

That's the one I'm thinking of getting, either that or the Phanteks but that doesn't look as sturdy.

Soldato
I've just ordered the Corsair RGB RAM:

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 - £120

Also decided it's time to change my PSU up a bit. Was trying to decide between the EVGA P2 650W or 850W, and in the end decided bigger is better. So ordered:

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 850W - £125

Believe this PSU runs pretty quiet as the fans will only spin up over 50% load, and from the reviews I've seen very few complaints about coil whine.

This PSU seems to allow for cable mod cables too, but I will probably defer any decision on that for a bit as I wait and see what the standard cables look like.

This is replacing my pretty old BeQuiet DARK POWER PRO 10 850W which I seem to have purchased around 5-6 years ago.

I am tempted to get a new motherboard and CPU combo at some point, but the price of the 8/9 series CPU's is excessive for what performance gains I'd see, the 6700K will probably have to pull it's weight for a while yet :)

Associate
I've just ordered the Corsair RGB RAM:

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 - £120

Also decided it's time to change my PSU up a bit. Was trying to decide between the EVGA P2 650W or 850W, and in the end decided bigger is better. So ordered:

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 850W - £125

Believe this PSU runs pretty quiet as the fans will only spin up over 50% load, and from the reviews I've seen very few complaints about coil whine.

This PSU seems to allow for cable mod cables too, but I will probably defer any decision on that for a bit as I wait and see what the standard cables look like.

This is replacing my pretty old BeQuiet DARK POWER PRO 10 850W which I seem to have purchased around 5-6 years ago.

I am tempted to get a new motherboard and CPU combo at some point, but the price of the 8/9 series CPU's is excessive for what performance gains I'd see, the 6700K will probably have to pull it's weight for a while yet :)

Nice! I love this RAM, easily the best looking RAM I've had, after having the G-skill stuff and the old Vengeance this is worth the money.

Think some of the EVGA PSU's are made by Seasonic as well aren't they? Think I remember reading something about them somewhere, think I'll stick with anything Seasonic made in the future as I've bought two of the CM V850s and both have lasted years and are still going whereas I've had 3 Corsair PSU's and they've all died not long after owning them, one even killing a mobo as soon as I booted the system up.

I might just have to grin and bear it and pay the bit extra from Cablemod's site for some custom ones for my Coolermaster PSU, cheaper than buying a new PSU and a new set of cables I suppose!

Struggling to a pick a colour though, thinking either black or silver, but I really like the blood red ones they have too.

Soldato
I believe my old BeQuiet PSU is a Seasonic one under the hood.

This new EVGA one though appears to be made by Super Flower.

I'll probably wind up being OK with the normal cables it comes with, but I guess it's possible I'll change my mind on that at some point.

I am really struggling to see why the new processors are so expensive, but oh well. I was tempted by an 8700K upgrade with a decent motherboard, but the 8700K has only gone up in price over the last year!

Back
Top Bottom