** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC - IT'S RAZER TIME **

Soldato
How many votes?!

Have one more lol

Yep was a bit surprising to say the least.

In the end what I did was reasonably simple, I think people think it may be harder to do than it is.

Need to look at a proper cable kit for the new Seasonic PSU, before I buy anything I need to make sure it works, but once it works i'm deciding between a couple of options.

This is the cable mod kit i'd need:

https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-pro-modmesh-rt-series-cable-kit/

Carbon - I think the Carbon ones could work in my PC setup.
Black - a bit boring but would always look good no matter what the rest of my setup uses.
Black/White - I think this could work as my lighting is kind of white in color temp.
Light blue - I don't think it would look terrible, but I don't think it would work well.
White - I would probably not go pure white here but again would probably look OK.

What would you pick for my scheme @Adexus?

Last edited:
Associate
Yep was a bit surprising to say the least.

In the end what I did was reasonably simple, I think people think it may be harder to do than it is.

Need to look at a proper cable kit for the new Seasonic PSU, before I buy anything I need to make sure it works, but once it works i'm deciding between a couple of options.

This is the cable mod kit i'd need:

https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-pro-modmesh-rt-series-cable-kit/

Carbon - I think the Carbon ones could work in my PC setup.
Black - a bit boring but would always look good no matter what the rest of my setup uses.
Black/White - I think this could work as my lighting is kind of white in color temp.
Light blue - I don't think it would look terrible, but I don't think it would work well.
White - I would probably not go pure white here but again would probably look OK.

What would you pick for my scheme @Adexus?

I think maybe carbon or black because as you say it'll look good no matter what colours you use for anything else and will just blend in nicely, I'm thinking of getting either carbon or black for mine as well since at the moment I have a mix of white/black/carbon cables on mine which do look nice but want something that just looks clean.

I do love the blood red cables Cablemod make that are on OCUK as well, it's quite a dark red that looks quite classy.

Soldato
I think maybe carbon or black because as you say it'll look good no matter what colours you use for anything else and will just blend in nicely, I'm thinking of getting either carbon or black for mine as well since at the moment I have a mix of white/black/carbon cables on mine which do look nice but want something that just looks clean.

I do love the blood red cables Cablemod make that are on OCUK as well, it's quite a dark red that looks quite classy.

I'm leaning towards Carbon I think just because it's a little different to straight black.

As the setup is RGB and I may decide one day that I want some different colours, both carbon and black should fit in no matter what.

Associate

I'm leaning towards Carbon I think just because it's a little different to straight black.

As the setup is RGB and I may decide one day that I want some different colours, both carbon and black should fit in no matter what.

Agreed, I think I'll end up doing the same, will look super nice no matter which colour you go for.

Soldato

Agreed, I think I'll end up doing the same, will look super nice no matter which colour you go for.

I got the carbon cable mod extensions for my build ( i felt they went better with my mobo compared to straight black). The SATA cables are gorgeous. The power cable extensions where a little disappointing in comparison. They are a lot stiffer than I was expecting and not as neat as I was hoping.

ZXeu0CD.png

8K63xqS.png

Soldato
I got the carbon cable mod extensions for my build ( i felt they went better with my mobo compared to straight black). The SATA cables are gorgeous. The power cable extensions where a little disappointing in comparison. They are a lot stiffer than I was expecting and not as neat as I was hoping.

ZXeu0CD.png

8K63xqS.png

Any pics of it all plugged in? sadly I am not using SATA cables really so it's a shame if they are the best part haha!

Just attaching 24 pin power, 8 pin power, and the 2 x 8 pin PCI-E cables in terms of what is visible.

Associate

Are they the Pro cables or just the normal ones as the Pro ones look superb.

Soldato
From the OCUK end, I think I'd need this set to go with my Seasonic PSU: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cabl...rog-seasonic-cable-kits-carbon-cm-14r-cm.html

That one linked there looks like extension cables, which I guess might be Motherboard > Extension Cable > Normal PSU cables?

This is the stock code link: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cablemod-pro-modmesh-cable-extension-kit-carbon-cm-14a-cm.html

Half the cost but I guess you're not fully replacing the cables, weirdly says it contains 6 cables but seems to state like 10 cables in the package contents!

Soldato
Are they the Pro cables or just the normal ones as the Pro ones look superb.

they were the pro ones: these ones: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cablemod-pro-modmesh-cable-extension-kit-carbon-cm-14a-cm.html
I think I just need to train them a little more with the cable combs.

Any pics of it all plugged in? sadly I am not using SATA cables really so it's a shame if they are the best part haha!

Just attaching 24 pin power, 8 pin power, and the 2 x 8 pin PCI-E cables in terms of what is visible.

iChb5lo.png

That was the machine in a half finished state.

This is the machine in it's finished state:

F6SSWhp.png

And from the front view.

0xzaGSW.png

I am in the process of sorting my office out currently to make it more deserving of this build.

I'll update with better pic's once it is all finished. :D

Soldato
How are you folding that 24 pin back? I'd assume it would work best to fold it directly into the cable management bit behind it, but looks like you might be routing it around the side instead? Hard to tell for certain :)

Soldato
It is going via the middle gromit and then fed into the back. It has shifted slightly while I was tidying the back of the case cables. So I will be sorting it out as I feel I need a couple more fans on the side panel above the res to aid with pushing more air into the case. I’ll get some close up pics tomorrow for you. If that’s ok?

Soldato
It is going via the middle gromit and then fed into the back. It has shifted slightly while I was tidying the back of the case cables. So I will be sorting it out as I feel I need a couple more fans on the side panel above the res to aid with pushing more air into the case. I’ll get some close up pics tomorrow for you. If that’s ok?

Yup of course! :)

Associate
The 24pin looks nice, the PCI-e cables look more untidy since it's not the bridged version which is the same problem I have, it's so hard to get them to look nice as they just go wherever they want.

Looks great overall though!

Soldato
I'm probably going to get the extension versions instead of the full cable kit, costs about half as much, and tbh should work the same for my purposes. In addition they are compatible with all PSU's so future proofed even better :)

Possibly leaning towards black cabling! flipping back and forth :D

Soldato
They look like good quality to me :cool:

Can you shift the comb about on the 24 pin at all? or maybe the 24 pin as a hole? I'd see if you can straighten it up a bit as you view it, probably by making it go out the cable management bit a little higher up.

Soldato
They look like good quality to me :cool:

Can you shift the comb about on the 24 pin at all? or maybe the 24 pin as a hole? I'd see if you can straighten it up a bit as you view it, probably by making it go out the cable management bit a little higher up.

I have tried that and part of it is pressure behinds the main bay with all the cables I have in there. To give you an idea this is what it looks like behind there:

k2Tex85.png

so there is little movement in terms of repositioning it to a bit higher without changing the PSU I think.

there is another RGB controller on the vertical panel so I don't really want to have to try and coerce those cables.

so I am mid way through sorting out my office (must update my build log)

so still have loads of cables to sort out better.

M5riOwJ.png

once I have room finally finished then I will put some better images up. (I love glass tables but my god trying to hide cables is a nightmare)

Back
Top Bottom