** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC - IT'S RAZER TIME **

Soldato
Oof your cable management :D

I used to own a glass desk but it put me off them for life (dust!)! Much prefer a proper wooden desk surface.

You're probably already planning this, but I would put the PC on your right when planning your changes, will let you appreciate the PC innards better :)

Soldato
the desk isn't the thickest in the world (so not sure it would take the weight for long) so for now it will live in it's current place until I decide to replace this old trusty girl of a desk. At that point I will be looking to install monitor arms and possibly wall mounting some screens.

Yeah the cables in the back is difficult to manage with it being a semi modular psu and also having to install more cables than I was hoping because of the bottom mounted SSD's drives. I also have 2 4TB SATA installed in the additional bay and then couple onto that all the pwm and RGB cables that had to be wrangled I don't it's too bad of an effort.

The office cable management is still a work in progress so expect most of those to be hidden as best I can in the final shots at some point. lol

Man of Honour
Meant to post this pic a while ago, nobody could work out what the rubber block was for, it fits perfectly between the PSU and the hard drive cage, it not only stops vibrations from the HDDs but gives support to the cage as it can get a very heavy with 2 drives in and stops it from potentially breaking away from the chassis?

PPjjf4u.jpg.png

Associate
That rubber block's been sat on my desk all week and every time I look at it I just question "What are you?"

So anyway we're best friends now.

Associate
I have tried that and part of it is pressure behinds the main bay with all the cables I have in there. To give you an idea this is what it looks like behind there:

k2Tex85.png

so there is little movement in terms of repositioning it to a bit higher without changing the PSU I think.

there is another RGB controller on the vertical panel so I don't really want to have to try and coerce those cables.

so I am mid way through sorting out my office (must update my build log)

so still have loads of cables to sort out better.

M5riOwJ.png

once I have room finally finished then I will put some better images up. (I love glass tables but my god trying to hide cables is a nightmare)

nice set up sir

Soldato
I did an oopsie :9

Ordered aorus master z390 and i7 9700k, will be here tomorrow ready to install this weekend :)

That is the last component upgrade I had to do I think, I've replaced everything now lol!

Soldato
I've added the cable mods, but the cabling behind the scenes is a total mess. Might see if I can sneak both of the AIO pipes up through the 24 pin cables for some neatness.

Still, new motherboard and CPU tomorrow so I'll need to sort everything out.

They look great, but the PCI-E ones are the hardest to keep together. Wish they included some 8 long comb things so I could stick them to each other better :)

yeSfUjch.jpg

Edit - with the 2nd pipe routing through the 24 pin power:

SyIWM9bh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like the cables hugging the pipes, somehow looks cozy and neat, very good sir! You'll have to post an update with the new board in when you get it! Cables look fantastic too!

Soldato
Looks like the cables hugging the pipes, somehow looks cozy and neat, very good sir! You'll have to post an update with the new board in when you get it! Cables look fantastic too!

Thanks! :)

It's all going to change though with the new motherboard, will probably have to reconsider a lot of my positioning of things!

Soldato
Added the new motherboard and CPU, nothing blew up :D

Vam3fAdh.jpg

Unfortunately the new pic is much like the last, except it's got some additional RGB lights on the motherboard on the left hand side.

USB 3 header cable for the front panel is not in such a great place as last time, I'm considering just removing it as I don't really attach stuff to the front panel USB much anyway.

Soldato
Thanks @Space Monkey :D

I have enabled XMP in the BIOS which has lit up the XMP logo, didn't even realise that lit up.

I'll probably flash the BIOS today to the latest version, and have a play with stuff at stock to make sure it stays working for at least a day before I try to apply any overclocks to the CPU.

The motherboard has an on-board DAC for the headphones, but there is no real indicator that it's enabled, hopefully it's "just working" and I don't need to do anything to configure it!

Was getting some odd coil whine from the cpu socket area at stock, I found a post on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/9r3qso/z390_aorus_master_whine/) that said to disable the processor c states to get rid of it, and so far this does seem to have helped.

Associate
Thanks @Space Monkey :D

I have enabled XMP in the BIOS which has lit up the XMP logo, didn't even realise that lit up.

I'll probably flash the BIOS today to the latest version, and have a play with stuff at stock to make sure it stays working for at least a day before I try to apply any overclocks to the CPU.

The motherboard has an on-board DAC for the headphones, but there is no real indicator that it's enabled, hopefully it's "just working" and I don't need to do anything to configure it!

Was getting some odd coil whine from the cpu socket area at stock, I found a post on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/9r3qso/z390_aorus_master_whine/) that said to disable the processor c states to get rid of it, and so far this does seem to have helped.

Always one of the first things I do in the BIOS is to disable all the speedstep and C states.

Soldato
Evening gents, getting there with the addition of my display screen thing.

I have 3D printed a couple of designs, but this one is not quite wide enough to hold the mini display properly. I thought I'd fixed it in the revision 2 sizing, but apparently not lol!

Visible enough through the tinted glass in my opinion.

TN5WGZMh.jpg

So on my to-do list is:

Print a v3 revision of the case to hold the display.

Get some smaller nuts/bolts to hold the top and bottom of the display together.

Have been toying with the idea of a wedge mount to angle the display towards me.

Also been toying with the idea of mounting the display to the case using some magnets, to allow for ease of movement and detachment.

Back
Top Bottom