Libya is finished, what country will be next?

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;20356724 said:
Ah I see, so they will pretend to charge our companies but in reality they will get it all for free?

Thats a pretty awesome plan! How did you find out about it?

I guess all the profit will end up going to 2 or 3 people though right? Thats how it works, yes?

all of libyas arms seem to have have gone awol and our goverment and france which had a lot of dealings with libya before can now resupply them again

Associate
OP
No, we will have to buy it off the new Libyan government.

The first contract was bought for $19 million, this will be made back in a day. They will get billions of dollars worth of oil out of the field. Under Gaddafi, every citizen got an oil revenues cheque, well that's ended.

Soldato
I predict civil war, these countires have no idea what democracy involves, day to day hard work and hardship.

I am sure they know what is hard work and hardship

I agree with you on the democracy part though.

However you are looking at democracy from european/uk perspective while meaning of democracy for those countries will totally differ.

I strongly believe that western style democracy ( declining in europe aswell imo) would always be an alienating concept for such countries as it is built upon european values and concepts.

While the region of middle east and north africa is totally different with it's own mindset, environment, cultural values etc ;)

Man of Honour
all of libyas arms seem to have have gone awol and our goverment and france which had a lot of dealings with libya before can now resupply them again

Cool - so we took all the weapons so we can sell them new ones?

This thread is so full of good news. First we get loads of cheap oil, now we know that there are no weapons in the hands of terrorists because we took them all :)

Caporegime
The first contract was bought for $19 million, this will be made back in a day. They will get billions of dollars worth of oil out of the field. Under Gaddafi, every citizen got an oil revenues cheque, well that's ended.

Yeh and his citizens loved him for it didnt they...oh wait.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;20356890 said:
Cool - so we took all the weapons so we can sell them new ones?

This thread is so full of good news. First we get loads of cheap oil, now we know that there are no weapons in the hands of terrorists because we took them all :)

lol Fox you are on sarcasm overdrive today ?? :p

Man of Honour

Now this is one thing I *do* beleive we'll see in our lifetime. Simply because its how nature works - for thousands of years living things have fought with one and other over resources.

This planet does not have the resources to happily support an ever increasing, ever developing population. At some point in the medium to long term, it will end in war. Probably between the two most resource hungry countries which will inevitably be China and the US.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;20356902 said:
Now this is one thing I *do* beleive we'll see in our lifetime. Simply because its how nature works - for thousands of years living things have fought with one and other over resources.

This planet does not have the resources to happily support an ever increasing, ever developing population. At some point in the medium to long term, it will end in war. Probably between the two most resource hungry countries which will inevitably be China and the US.

Command and Conquer: Generals in real life :eek:

Permabanned
Got to love some of your sheep mentality, thinking none of this was not planned. Government's are nice and would never do anything wrong.

Oh lawd,

Wake up.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;20356902 said:

I'm siding with the US, although China has some seriously nice locations. I can't speak Chinese though. :(

Man of Honour
Got to love some of your sheep mentality, thinking none of this was not planned. Government's are nice and would never do anything wrong.

Oh lawd,

Wake up.

Lol that old chestnut.
Just because we don't believe. Every single CT doesn't mean we aren't realistic over what governments can and do, do.

Its like. If we don't believe every single CT then we must believe governments 100% of the time. There's of course never ever room for a sensible middle ground.

Permabanned
Lol that old chestnut.
Just because we don't believe. Every single CT doesn't mean we aren't realistic over what governments can and do, do.

Its like. If we don't believe every single CT then we must believe governments 100% of the time. There's of course never ever room for a sensible middle ground.

But explain why we are not helping Syria?

Back
Top Bottom