Lift Laugh Love, a Log Story --- (Weightloss->Lifting->Swolification)

Man of Honour
I'm really enjoying your Star Wars sig rotation, btw.

I'm glad it's not just me. Took me way too long to do. Special ultra win points being the first to mention it!

You become very used to short rests Delvis, I was used to 2-3 minutes before and although the first time under 90s was an interesting experience within a couple of weeks I was getting restless after 60s.

Soldato
OP
Weight this morning: 81.2kg, fatties gonna fat.

Did another B workout this morning. I'm still just trying to work out each exercise, lot's of new stuff for me as up until now I've kind of been like "If I can't do it in a squat rack with a barbell it ain't worth doin'"!

Exercise Set Style Target Reps
B1 said:
Seated DB Curls RP 11-20
12.5kg 9, 4, 3 (About right)
Cable Reverse Curls SS 11-20
25kg 14 (Holy forearm pump batman. I get super pumped forearms anyway I think due to my tiny girl hands and this actually painful!)
Seated Calf Raise SS, 5s neg + 15s hold 11-15
45kg 12 (Don't like this machine much. Lot's of pressure on knees and also the foot platform seems to far back to me, impossible to get a stretch at the bottom. Interesting how much weaker you are though.)
Seated Leg Curls RP 15-30
70kg 15, 8, 7 (notbad.jpg. Hamstring isolation is painful)
Hack Squat (Machine) SS+WM 4-8, 20
100kg x 8, 40kg x 20 (Teardrop pump followed by quad stretch = shaking like a leaf when stood up, lols.)

Not sure on DC so far. It's pretty weird, walking in and going straight to Bicep exercises makes you feel like a major phaggot, and you don't really get much pumpage throughout so I look like a DYEL the whole time :(. it is quick though and BennyC likes it so it must be true.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure on DC so far. It's pretty weird, walking in and going straight to Bicep exercises makes you feel like a major phaggot, and you don't really get much pumpage throughout so I look like a DYEL the whole time :(. it is quick though and BennyC likes it so it must be true.

Can confirm, am mincer training biceps first and also stretching after :p

You redeem yourself with this workout though due to the widowmaker so it's all good.

Usually spend a minute or two lying down after my widowmaker, srs.

B workouts aren't great for pump, except for legs, pump pls. Depending on your exercise selection you can get a joocey pump on for the A workouts.

Stick with it, it's quite rewarding seeing the progression, providing you're eating well and getting adequate rest the numbers rise fairly consistently I've found.

Soldato
OP
Did another upper body sesh on Saturday, because ofcourse.

A1 said:
Flat Bench RP 11-15
85kg 9, 3, 3 (More weight same reps)
Military Press RP 11-20
45kg 9, 4, 1 (Same weight, less reps. Did my increasingly common trick of trying to find some over head stability with my cervical spine. Cue 2 days of not being able to turn my head.)
Lying Tricep Extension RP 11-20
20kg 16, 6, 5 (Same weight, more reps)
Wide Lat Pulldown RP 11-20
55kg 9, 5, 4 (more weight required)
Narrow Cable Rows SS 10-12
75kg 12 (Straight set instead of RP)

gw-Remy2.gif

Last edited:
I haven't a clue what this thread is about as I haven't read a single word.. but the Gifs make it a 5 star for me!

In an attempt to contribute however Ill give you the standard responses to whatever your thread is about:

Smash Pasty
Turn it off and on again
Buy a £100 iPad

Please pick the most appropriate.

Soldato
OP
^ lol response

Tasty looking session.

Hopefully the progression methods are making sense? :) it's pretty black & white.

Not really, it's not really mentioned in the SS article. Just going by feel atm.

Anyway I did a B workout this morning, I've done 3 variants of each now so more or less have my exercise selection.

B1 said:
Cable Curls RP 11-20
20kg 8, 4, 3 (About right)
BB Wrist Curls SS 11-20
15kg 20+ (Honestly what is this phaggotry. Forearm isolation feels like a huge waste of time.)
Leg Press Toe Press SS, 5s neg + 15s hold 11-15
120kg 12 (Major shaky leg time on the 15s holds.)
RDLs RP 15-30
70kg 15, 8, 7 (Moar weight required. Grip runs out way before hams though.)
Leg Press SS+WM 4-8, 20
180kg x 8, 120kg x 20 (That right, no squats. I have a very PC dominant back squat so I honestly was too much of a wuss to do it after a hamstring exercise. It's supposed to be a 'Quads' exercise anyway so dat leg press pls.)

Last edited:
Soldato
What's this B6, I hope you mean B3?

Basically now you've done 3 x A and 3 x B workouts you're in the position to either (depending on each lift)

- use the same weight and aim for more reps, or

- use more weight for the same/more reps (It'll be quire rare to use more weight & get more reps but does happen.)

If forearm isolation feels pointless, which is mostly is, switch it out for something else. I went full bro and use one suprinated curling motion and one semi/hammer grip motion.

Soldato
OP
What's this B6, I hope you mean B3?

Basically now you've done 3 x A and 3 x B workouts you're in the position to either (depending on each lift)

- use the same weight and aim for more reps, or

- use more weight for the same/more reps (It'll be quire rare to use more weight & get more reps but does happen.)

If forearm isolation feels pointless, which is mostly is, switch it out for something else. I went full bro and use one suprinated curling motion and one semi/hammer grip motion.

B-Something. Who knows, the last B workout. Just read the T-Nation article it's got a better selection of exercises so I might swap out a few yet. But will start 'properly' next week A1/B2/A3/B4/A5/B6. Might move a few things about within the A's/B's (Bench/OHP/CGBP is too much in one session imo) but other than that I'm hot to trot.

Be interesting how much progress I make considering I'm still on perma-cut mode.

Soldato
B-Something. Who knows, the last B workout. Just read the T-Nation article it's got a better selection of exercises so I might swap out a few yet. But will start 'properly' next week A1/B2/A3/B4/A5/B6. Might move a few things about within the A's/B's (Bench/OHP/CGBP is too much in one session imo) but other than that I'm hot to trot.

Be interesting how much progress I make considering I'm still on perma-cut mode.

Label them A1/A2/A3 B1/B2/B3 phaggot. Otherwise it emplies you have 6 A & B workouts :p

A1/B1 A2/B2 A3/B3 ;)

Yeah, just find exercises that work for you. I try to arrange the exercise/workout order so that I don't end up with one really taxing session and one really easy one. Keep it nice and balanced where you can.

I think you'll really struggle with this whiel cutting, if you're pushing yourself really hard you'll plateau quickly if your not eating enough and not recovering properly. I know, as I experienced this the first time and I wasn't even cutting! This is a programme to make sickening gains on, don't waste it :p

Soldato
OP
More loggage required.

Weight this morning 80.5kg (-0.7kg)

A2 said:
Incline Bench (not Smith) RP 11-20
57.5kg 10, 4, 5 (More weight less reps, but will up weight next.)
Upright Cable Rows RP 11-15
40kg 10, 5, 5 (More weight less reps, but will up weight next.)
CGBP RP 11-20
55kg 15, 6, 5 (More weight more reps.)
Hammer Strength Underhand Pulldowns RP 11-15
90kg 9, 3, 2 (More weight, one less rep)
Close Grip Pulldown SS 10-12
65kgx8 (Back's still a bit aggravated from my cervical tense up on this weeks OHP. I should really take some time of from lifting but I'm a phaggot.)

Why you're all here:
iXcfei1rrGVT5.gif

Soldato
OP
Another day another widowmaker.

B2 said:
Seated DB Curls RP 11-20
12.5kg 9, 5, 5 (Same weight more reps)
Cable Reverse Curls SS 11-20
25kg 15 (One more rep. Almost unbearable forearm pump from these, like can't make a fist after painful.)
Seated Calf Raise SS, 5s neg + 15s hold 15
45kg 12 (Still don't like this machine. Might do all standing calf stuff.)
Seated Leg Curls RP 15-30
75kg 20, 12, 9 (More weight, many more reps. Dem isolation insta-gains mane.)
Hack Squat (Machine) SS+WM 4-8, 20
110kg x 8, 50kg x 20 (More weight same reps. Love this machine, I nearly fell over when I tried to stand up lol had to grab a nearby pillar thing.)

FboD3rU.gif

Back
Top Bottom