LinuxMint 6 released!

Soldato
new question again

Do I need a firewall with mint, I've seen Firestarter or something similar to that name, though on the download page I'm not sure what to download, Ubuntu download was what I was swaying towards :)

Here's my simple firewall:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

iptables -F              # flush all rules
iptables -X              # delete any user defined chains

iptables -P INPUT DROP		# set default INPUT policy
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT	# set default OUTPUT policy
iptables -P FORWARD DROP	# set default FORWARD policy

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT  # accept loopback traffic
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

iptables -nvL

Associate
Sorry quick question, I'm a complete linux noob, trying to set up linux mint 6 as a dual boot with XP. I've downloaded v6 (the 664mb iso rather than the 1.2gb "universal" iso, apparently the former is better for beginners?), I think I now need to make a bootable CD and select "install inside windows".

To do a bootable CD, do I just burn a regular ISO and then change my BIOS settings to have CD as first boot device?

Associate
Sorry quick question, I'm a complete linux noob, trying to set up linux mint 6 as a dual boot with XP. I've downloaded v6 (the 664mb iso rather than the 1.2gb "universal" iso, apparently the former is better for beginners?), I think I now need to make a bootable CD and select "install inside windows".

To do a bootable CD, do I just burn a regular ISO and then change my BIOS settings to have CD as first boot device?

The Universal ISO has none of the restrited codecs/program e.g. Java/Flash/WMV codec.

Not sure why its bigger though?

"To do a bootable CD, do I just burn a regular ISO and then change my BIOS settings to have CD as first boot device?"

Yes

Associate
I haven't been back to Vista since Sunday, the only thing that seems to have stopped working is the talksport listen live window, it worked out of the box but something has changed since updating, no bbc sport either. something to do with the mplayer plugin.

Last edited:
Soldato
right a weird problem here

as said my installation is through windows, IIRC this is WUBI

Anyhoo I only allocated it 3gb, so I decided to unistall said Mint install from Windows add/remove

I then reinstalled it through Windows/Wubi and gave it 15GB

Now upon reboot, i get the wubi screen, select MINT, then it boots to the installer, everything is fine until

MIGRATE DOCUMENTS, it will not let me click next, if finds the documents, but after a reinstall, it still will not let me click NEXT. Therefore I cannot install MINT

I have downloaded the new ubuntu. but I am worried I will have the same problem due to WUBI. Any ideas?:S

Back
Top Bottom