Lit Fibre

Associate
Lit Fibre's engineer just called back and said he'd made some temporary changes to the router (something to do with IPv6, I think he said) and to test it. Seems ok now, but the issue was intermittent so I will monitor it.

Apparently, they're still working on a permanent fix, which is anticipated to take a couple more days but they'll let me know when that's implemented

Associate
Lit Fibre's engineer just called back and said he'd made some temporary changes to the router (something to do with IPv6, I think he said) and to test it.
Do you know if that's a remote change to your router or to one (or more) of their infrastucture ones?

Associate
Do you know if that's a remote change to your router or to one (or more) of their infrastucture ones?
I got the impression it was remote changes to my router. I'm not sure what the settings were originally but can see that DHCPv6 Service is Disabled in the router admin under IPv6 LAN Setting.

Associate
I got the impression it was remote changes to my router. I'm not sure what the settings were originally but can see that DHCPv6 Service is Disabled in the router admin under IPv6 LAN Setting.

That the same change that was made to my route the IPv6 Service was disabled by Lit Fibre support over the weekend

Internet working better now but my wife is still having a few issues with some of her web sites with content loading slowly.

I contacted support today Friday 7th and was informed that the issue is due to be fixed very soon.

Last edited:
Associate
Well my connection has mostly been very good since install on the 3rd.

However, I've noticed over the last couple of days I'm having some issues when on Teams calls, initially crippling bandwidth but now I am regularly being disconnected from calls, has anyone experienced the same?

Associate
Ok thanks for confirming (and so fast!)

Hmmm, maybe another issue with me using my ancient DrayTek with it... I'll give their support a call about and assume I'll have to switch back to their supplied router to confirm - I'd rather not as I'm very happy and familiar with my DrayTek otherwise (for things like port forwarding and IP binds, as well as stuff like VLANs and so on...)

Associate
Quick question to you all. I started to notice Complete Telecom Solutions beginning their build process for LitFibre here around March time and I'm just wondering when I might expect the service to go live? Did anyone here notice the time period between fibre getting installed in the streets to being able to order?

Associate
It was January time when I saw men running around laying fibre in our street, but then there were more 2-4 weeks later. Seems BT & LitFibre were both laying the stuff. I don't know which way round but both went live within about a week of each other around Easter. So around 3 months I guess for me.

Caporegime
It was three weeks between the CBT being installed in the footway chamber that serves my house, and the website letting me place an order.

Associate
LitFibre started work here (Sutton Coldfield) in Oct 22. Initially said live early Spring 23. Works still ongoing and I can't get any live date estimate out of their support people. I gave up and went with BT from Sky.

Associate
Hmmmm….work is still ongoing here although I did see a guy going up the poles in our street testing the CBT’s on Friday so I’d like to take that as a sign that they are nearing completion.

Associate
Looking at ISPReview this morning and the reported doubling of losses at CityFibre I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say smaller companies such as LitFibre are feeling the pinch with the massive investment required to roll out new infrastructure. It would be a shame if the rollout is slowing due to the rising costs.

Caporegime
Undoubtedly rollouts are slowing due to rising costs, and providers switch focus to getting customers signed up rather than expanding the locations they serve. The main difference between Cityfibre and other AltNets is that Cityfibre dig their own ducts in rather than renting space from Openreach, so they have much higher up-front costs in exchange for lower ongoing costs.

Associate
Just had a discussion with one of the advisors on the LitFibre website that Westbury and I presume the nearby Warminster build is due for go-live end of December 2023.

Hopefully that’s just a catchall estimate and we’ll see something before then.

Back
Top Bottom