Liverpool Takeover Thread

Soldato
Hicks looks in the mirror every morning and wonders how the hell he's gonna get 120 million back. His actions are pretty sane and rational to be honest.

Soldato
To be fair, i'm glad that this is finally being sorted out. But I still feel H&G will wriggle until the last, this isn't over just yet.

Of course, if Liverpool were to get points deducted along the way, I wouldn't exactly be upset about it... ;) :p

Soldato
This is getting mental, you'd think that they'd catch a glance of themselves in the mirror in the morning and wonder what the hell they are doing

This is what they are doing this for:

We have a lawyer from Texas who seems to think he knows how it will end and that's with a massive cheque being written by an insurance company to Thomas O Hicks and George Gillett ...

The Texas TRO should be dissolved. One legal element of injunctive relief is that one must not have an "adequate remedy at law" (as opposed to equitable relief, which is what a restraining order involves). H&G have an adequate remedy at law in that they can sue the directors for money for the breach of their fiduciary duty to the shareholders to sell the club at the highest price possible. The directors likely have several Directors' and Officers' insurance policies in place for just such contingencies, so for the Names at Lloyd's who underwrote those policies, it is, to quote Sir Alex, "squeaky bum time." The sale goes through and somewhere down the road, Lloyd's writes two large checks to Hicks and Gillett (although the settlement will be confidential). Always get to the insurance.

lets be honest, it's the only way they can make any money out of this whole sorry saga and they know it :mad:

Don
LFC Statement:
Liverpool Football Club have tonight issued a statement following today's court hearing in London:

The independent Directors of Liverpool Football Club are delighted with the verdict of Mr Justice Floyd in the High Court this afternoon which now requires Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett to withdraw their Texas restraining order by 4pm tomorrow.

We are glad to have taken another important step towards completing the sale process.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-6

Don
Five Live - Dan Roan: Sources close to NESV say they will get a hearing in Texas to get the Hicks injunction lifted in next few hours.

Hopefully it'll be signed tonight.

Soldato
This is what they are doing this for:

lets be honest, it's the only way they can make any money out of this whole sorry saga and they know it :mad:
Sorry, but there's zero chance of H&G getting a penny out of Lloyds. It's an insurance company. Unless it's a cut and dry case (which this absolutely isn't) insurance companies don't pay out. At least not without a fight, and they make their money through winning these fights.

No one on the board has don't anything wrong, and even if they had it would be extremely difficult to prove or quantify how much damage it has done to H&G.

Last edited:
Soldato
Five Live - Dan Roan: Sources close to NESV say they will get a hearing in Texas to get the Hicks injunction lifted in next few hours.

Hopefully it'll be signed tonight.
I wonder if part of the reasoning behind accepting another American bid was the fact that they could easily head any US-based court cases off at the head? I mean, I've no doubt RBS have competent lawyers over there, but anyone representing NESV will likely have a lot of experience in sports/team ownership cases.

Handy bonus if not. :)

EDIT: Also, surely if H&G were to refuse to lift the injunction, the resulting warrant would immediately mark them as no long "fit and proper" owners, even under the PL's ridiculously slack usage of that term?

Last edited:
Soldato
EDIT: Also, surely if H&G were to refuse to lift the injunction, the resulting warrant would immediately mark them as no long "fit and proper" owners, even under the PL's ridiculously slack usage of that term?

It is even better than that. They will be held in contempt, if they ever set foot in the UK again they could be sent to prison.

Don

The PL done nothing to Thaksin Shinawatra when he was found guilty of far more serious charges.

Associate
8.16pm: Breaking News ... Sky Sports News has reported that the Texas court has adjourned until 7am tomorrow morning Dallas time (4pm BST) - which is just three hours before the deadline set in the High Court today - and so there will be no decision on Hicks and Gillett's case until then. I guess this means the rumoured NESV hearing in Texas, which was said to be taking place over the next few hours, will now not go ahead. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom