Liverpool Takeover Thread

Soldato
Sorry, but there's zero chance of H&G getting a penny out of Lloyds. It's an insurance company. Unless it's a cut and dry case (which this absolutely isn't) insurance companies don't pay out. At least not without a fight, and they make their money through winning these fights.

No one on the board has don't anything wrong, and even if they had it would be extremely difficult to prove or quantify how much damage it has done to H&G.

I dont believe they will either but H&G do and this is why they are doing this

Don
Ok....

So presuming that even with the Judge in Hicks' pocket, there is no chance of the Dallas court upholding Hicks' case, Hicks has until 7am tomorrow morning to beg, borrow or steal ~£280m.

I'm not sure I'm going to sleep too well tonight.

Associate
Without reading the whole thread, isn't tomorrow the date Liverpool have to pay off the debts to RBS? Where does the whole 9 point deduction stand now?

Soldato
8.16pm: Breaking News ... Sky Sports News has reported that the Texas court has adjourned until 7am tomorrow morning Dallas time (4pm BST) - which is just three hours before the deadline set in the High Court today - and so there will be no decision on Hicks and Gillett's case until then. I guess this means the rumoured NESV hearing in Texas, which was said to be taking place over the next few hours, will now not go ahead. :mad:
Why is it no matter how many times you "win" a court case, even in the highest court in the land, there's always another option for those with money and connections. Just goes to show how just the justice system really is.
Without reading the whole thread, isn't tomorrow the date Liverpool have to pay off the debts to RBS? Where does the whole 9 point deduction stand now?
Who the hell knows? There appears to be no rules any more. RBS have to put the club into administration and weather they do that tomorrow is anyone’s guess. One thing's for sure though, H&G will still probably find a way to hold on and we'll get a 9 point deduction to boot.

What I want to know is if the court in Texas refuses to overturn the injunction or fails to do it by 4pm are the board free to sell the club? If so I can see little point in having the hearing apart from to delay a bit more.

The judge at the high court said the court in Texas had no authority in this case. I can't see what everyone is waiting for?

I have a horrible feeling there's one more twist in this tale, and it's going to go the way of H&G.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is even better than that. They will be held in contempt, if they ever set foot in the UK again they could be sent to prison.
That's what I meant by warrant. ;)

My point was he couldn't just run the club in abstentia, like they pretty much were trying to do anyway.

The PL done nothing to Thaksin Shinawatra when he was found guilty of far more serious charges.
Didn't they bring in the rules after him though, to stop it happening again?

Don
I'm pretty certain that the fit and proper owners thing has been around for a while; H&G had to take it in '07 (before the Thanksin problems). They've made changes to it since the Pompey fiasco though.

M0T

M0T

Soldato
I must admit I feel worried for Liverpool now (and I don't even support them).

Clearly there is something not quite right about the Judge in Dallas, theres all sorts of rumours on the internet linking him and Hicks and it seems to me he should have immediately recinded his TRO.

I suspect that giving them an 'extension' was the best he could do in the face of High Court ruling, and they are using the time to try and work out a way to keep control. Although it does seem like a refinance is unlikely since they wouldn't have waited until now to do it.

What I don't think I will ever understand is how G&H thought that merely by buying the club and holding on to it for a bit they would double its value.

Soldato
Forgive my question, but I don't really understand what H&G are trying to achieve.

a) The club is sold to NESV, H&G lose out and walk away with a massive loss.
b) They hold on until RBS puts the club into administration and hence take control of it, H&G walk away with a massive loss.

Are they really doing this just so that Liverpool will get a 9pt deduction? Because I can't see how they can keep control so surely all they can do is delay until RBS lose their patience?

Don
They're trying to delay the deal for as long as possible and/or muddy the water.

By doing this it gives them more time to try to come up with the money to repay RBS, pursuade any bidder to up their bid and possibly create a situation where they could claim damages.

Don
You'd hope not. They've been trying for the last 18 months to refinance with another bank but they can't secure the loans personally and the board are blocking them from securing the loans on the club.

Caporegime
the only people who are going to win are the lawyers.

they are the true scum, who want all these cases to go on for as long as possible, even years so they can line their pockets.

its the same as builders, why do a job in a day when you can drag it out for weeks and earn 10 times as much for the same job.

im hoping liverpool get new owners with some money, so you can see money being invested into the club rather than being drained out of it.

Caporegime
the only people who are going to win are the lawyers.

they are the true scum, who want all these cases to go on for as long as possible, even years so they can line their pockets.

its the same as builders, why do a job in a day when you can drag it out for weeks and earn 10 times as much for the same job.

im hoping liverpool get new owners with some money, so you can see money being invested into the club rather than being drained out of it.

You can always represent yourself in court thus saving yourself the legal fees. No lawyers forced their way into court, the clients went to them.

Can't blame a shop charging £0.99 for a coke when you can get free tab water.

Hell, go get a junior barrister for £300 a day instead of a QC for £20,000. The client make that choice.

Soldato
Yeah, i have heard the same:
Basically, Mill Financial are offering to pay off all of the debt in return for 75% of the total shares (all of G's which he has already + half of Hicks), leaving Hicks as a minority owner.

Back
Top Bottom