Liverpool Takeover Thread

Soldato
1.57pm: "RBS waiting for receipt of £200m to confirm sale to NESV. Nearly there. Though the legal aftershocks will continue for some time.

Soldato
The only people who might agree there is a negative to G & H leaving the club are people who lent these guys money!
And if he really had the best interests of the club at heart why is he being such a ****. All the deals he was proposing would have left us in a worse financial situation than we have been over the last couple of years and that wasn't exactly working out well.

I would really like to know who or what company Hick is going to sue for this money? It can't be LFC because the judge has already ruled that the board were acting within their rights and in the best interest of the club who they represent.

Last edited:
Soldato
And if he really had the best interests of the club at heart why is he being such a ****. All the deals he was proposing would have left us in a worse financial situation than we have been over the last couple of years and that wasn't exactly working out well.

I would really like to know who or what company Hick is going to sue for this money? It can't be LFC because the judge has already ruled that the board were acting within their rights and in the best interest of the club who they represent.

He'll be going after RBS and the current BoD. Realistically RBS will be his main target as they are the only ones who have the cash to pay him.

Last edited:
Soldato
NESV immediately start asset stripping, and sell Torres and Gerrard.

How I'd laugh.
It's probablly all part of the deal. Broughton is a chelsea fan after all.

TBH if this goes through NESV have got themselves a deal. The club is undervalued at £300m but only because of the mess H&G have created. A year of good housekeeping and investment and they would have maybe double the market value.

This is why H&G were so desperate to keep hold of the club. Unfortunately they were living in dream land because they didn't have the money to invest and bring stability.

Last edited:
Soldato
2.17pm: "It would seem that the only remaining formality now is for NESV to secure indemnity from any damages resulting from H&G's planned suit. This can be an insured risk otherwise they would seek undertakings from the legal sellers," emails Larry Morris.

Soldato
Woohoo! Some proper sports fans at the helm.

Hopefully. Pretty sure I said the same thing when H&G took over.

And I'm pretty sure they would have made a go of it if it hadn't been for their personal financial meltdown. No one in their right mind would have bought a company with the intention of doing what H&G have done at Liverpool.

Caporegime
And I'm pretty sure they would have made a go of it if it hadn't been for their personal financial meltdown. No one in their right mind would have bought a company with the intention of doing what H&G have done at Liverpool.
You're quite right. The global recession screwed them over royally. If they had managed to get the stadium going they would have been hailed as saviours.

Don
You're quite right. The global recession screwed them over royally. If they had managed to get the stadium going they would have been hailed as saviours.

:o

They were trying to sell part of the club off at a £1bn valuation within 6 months of taking over.

They had no intention of building the stadium. There plan was to improve the club commercially and sell it on for a huge profit. Unfortunately for them they got too greedy.

Back
Top Bottom