Liverpool Takeover Thread

Don
Mr Hicks

sugar_1418175c.jpg

Caporegime
:o

They were trying to sell part of the club off at a £1bn valuation within 6 months of taking over.

They had no intention of building the stadium. There plan was to improve the club commercially and sell it on for a huge profit. Unfortunately for them they got too greedy.
I don't agree. Building the stadium would have massively improved the value of the club, spiralling building costs and the recession put paid to that.

Don
I don't agree. Building the stadium would have massively improved the value of the club, spiralling building costs and the recession put paid to that.

I'm not doubting that building the stadium would have increased the value. I'm doubting that they ever seriously intended to build it.

The reason why the stadium wasn't built was the £350m worth of debt they took on as part of the takeover. What bank in their right mind would lend a further ~£300m to them for the stadium?

There was no realistic possibility of them getting £600m+ in loans on a business they bought for £220m.

Soldato
No need to worry, I'm sure if the deal is signed and RBS are happy they wont be calling administration or anything and the money can be paid next week.
That's not my worry. I don't trust Hick and Co not to try something else before the deal is rubber stamped. Also what's the delay? They seemed all ready to sign on the dotted line on Wednesday before the TRO was taken out, what's changed?

It would also be nice to have the deal fully in place before the game on Sunday.
3.38pm: If the deal is to be done today and the money handed over to the Royal Bank of Scotland, it needs to be done by 4.20pm, through a system known as CHAPS, says our banking correspondent Jill Treanor.

3.37pm: "Just leaving #LFC training ground. Spirits are high. Either the Prem table is upside down or Hicks/Gillett regime is over," tweets Oliver Kay of the Times.

Good old CHAPS.

Last edited:
Don
Reporter from bloomberg is saying it's just a case of waiting for Wells Fargo (2nd bank that financed H&G with RBS) to sign it off.

edit: other Reporters are tweeting that they're being told that Henry et al are about to come out of Slaughter and May, and possibly some sort of statement in the next few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom