Liverpool Takeover Thread

Don
2 days ago I thought Bryan Swanson was a **** but his endless enthusiasm has grown on me. He's been standing outside courts, lawyers offices and chasing people down streets for 13-14 hours per day since Tuesday and he's still going strong :D

Associate
Henry says he is "proud and humbled" to own Liverpool and says the club has "a lot of work to do".

No **** sherlock....both on and off the pitch and in the courtrooms!

Associate
Henry says the new owners' actions will speak for them and that they're here to win.

Henry confirms he will not be at the Merseyside derby on Sunday, preferring to make his first appearance at Anfield.

Associate
Martin Broughton says he will be staying on as Liverpool chairman in a transitional role.

Would quiet like him to stay on longer, given everything that he has done for the club!

Associate
Official Club Statement:

New England Sports Ventures announces that it has completed the purchase of Liverpool Football Club. NESV wishes to extend its sincere gratitude to the Board of Liverpool FC for their diligence and their efforts on behalf of the Club and its supporters.

The transaction values the Club at £300m and eliminates all of the acquisition debt placed on LFC by its previous owners, reducing the Club's debt servicing obligations from £25m-£30m a year to £2m-£3m.

New England Sports Ventures is committed to winning and currently owns a portfolio of companies, including the Boston Red Sox, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Roush Fenway Racing.

NESV Principal Owner John Henry said:

"On behalf of the entire NESV partnership, I want to express how incredibly proud and humbled we are to be confirmed as the new owners of Liverpool FC. We regard our role as that of stewards for the Club with a primary focus on returning the Club to greatness on and off the field for the long-term. We are committed first and foremost to winning. We have a history of winning, and today we want LFC supporters to know that this approach is what we intend to bring to this great Club."

Liverpool FC Chairman Martin Broughton, said:

"I am delighted that we have been able to successfully conclude the sale process which has been thorough and extensive. The Board decided to accept NESV's offer on the basis that it best met the criteria we set out originally for a new owner. NESV is buying Liverpool in order to put it on an excellent financial footing and continue to develop it internationally. This is a good deal which comprehensively resolves the pressing issue of the Club's debt and should give staff, players and fans great confidence regarding the future of Liverpool FC."

NESV Chairman Thomas Werner said:

"We recognize that Liverpool Football Club is an historic institution ultimately grounded in the community and the fans. Our first step as new owners will be to listen. We want to hear from the Manager and the players and those who are part of the daily operation of the Club. We will be visible at Anfield and will embrace and listen to those who have stood by this Club and who are the rock on which its future success will be built. We want to hear from the fans, local leaders and the local community. We want to hear from those who know LFC best, who have made it the best and share our desire to return to a culture of winning.

NESV is committed to creating a long-term, financially strong foundation for the Club and dedicated to ensuring the Club has the financial resources to be successful again and attract the best players. To that end, the transaction has been structured in such a way as to eliminate all of the acquisition debt on the Club.

In the coming days and months, NESV will work closely with the LFC executive team to listen and learn about every facet of the organization. During this time, the new owners will begin to look at areas for greatest opportunity to increase the appeal of the Club nationally and internationally. NESV wants to once again create a culture and environment to allow people to excel at the Club on every front. During this period, NESV will also begin to examine opportunities to enhance the matchday experience in the short-term, while also carefully studying the various long-term options that may be possible.

Mr Henry and Mr Werner added:

"We are eager to commence with our plan, spend time with the organization, its leadership, its supporters, and the local communities. We will take these steps alongside the Club's executives with a shared objective of stabilizing the Club and ultimately returning Liverpool FC to its rightful place in English and European football, successful and competing for trophies."

Man of Honour
Glad its a done deal, I dont really know much about Henry other than what we've been presented with in the last couple of weeks but Werner I do know about and he is an exceptionally shrewd businessman with a huge number of useful contacts within the business and media world.

We just need them to now take things carefully and undergo a thorough analysis of the club and prospective future plans rather than making any knee-jerk actions.

Also something that I think they should look into, and its something I would have vehemently disagreed with in the past but have now reconsidered it, is a shared stadium with Everton. I never thought I would say such a thing but when you look at something like the Allianz Arena its absolutely stunning and iconic and generates so much pride for the two teams who share it. If Everton and Liverpool can just be mature about their differences , then combined I think they could create one of, if not The, outstanding stadiums in the UK.

Associate
Also something that I think they should look into, and its something I would have vehemently disagreed with in the past but have now reconsidered it, is a shared stadium with Everton. I never thought I would say such a thing but when you look at something like the Allianz Arena its absolutely stunning and iconic and generates so much pride for the two teams who share it. If Everton and Liverpool can just be mature about their differences , then combined I think they could create one of, if not The, outstanding stadiums in the UK.

The difference though with the Allianz Arena is that the two clubs that share it (1860 Munchen & FC Bayern Munich) play in different leagues and as such I would'nt think (and I'm not up on my German football at all!) that there is the same fierce rivalry as there is between Liverpool & Everton.

Man of Honour
I'm being facetious here, but wouldn't it be funny if in some way or another history repeated itself straight away? :p Great, now I have to deal with more self righteous red fans. They were largely nice quiet in the last year or two.

So could Liverpool be back. It's early days in the season yet, think it's seriously 6 for 4 Champ's League spots again?

Caporegime
AC Milan and Internazionale manage it, and their fans are much more hardcore hooligan types than Everton & Liverpool fans. There isn't any reason really not to go for a nice, large joint stadium.

Back
Top Bottom