Logo Design

Associate
Does anyone know of anyone who designs company logos? I am interested in getting one designed but im not sure where to start. I know I would like one custom designed as opposed to building one from a choice of images and fonts Online.
Someone previously, through Facebook, had offered to design one but I haven't really heard anything back from them.
I don't mind paying a fee to get one designed (I was quoted $45 previously)
If anyone is interested I can go a little more in to what I want (which isn't much more than a few colour ideas for definite but I have a few ideas).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm guessing from your budget you're looking more along the lines of a design student with time on his hands,as opposed to an agency who will create a brand for you.

In which case, try advertising on some of the crowdsourcing websites. You'll need to be a bit more specific as to what you want though. Just giving some colours wont be enough. You'll need to state your target market, how you differentiate yourself from your competitors, what kind of company image you want to project, how/where the logo will be used etc.

Associate
OP
Yeah, it was definitely more logo design than complete brand design.
I have a few ideas and some things I have cobbled together myself, not only colours, etc. but I'm looking for some artistic license to be applied so its just really the colouring I would be interested in retaining (if that makes sense).

Is there a means to post out to university students? I used to be able to access my old university forum but my access has expired.

Associate
OP
First pass at a logo below, any critique welcome!

dc_logo.png

Associate
Looking good, can you get the circle in the center of the D to be the same size of the one in the C think that would give a better effect

Soldato
I'd drop trying to make the circles spell DC. Have DC sit with the type underneath and make the circles above into an icon rather than a DC logo. Where the 4 circles cross works nicely (the two purple ones and the overlay of the other two looks good). The big circles with black holes are not working so well for me, they need to be soft like the two purple ones.

Associate
24opz42.jpg

I need to spend abit more time cleaning it up, will do that if you want it

Here is an Idea - you can have the illustrator file and the rights for £30

Soldato
I think any designer who only charges $45 doesn't value their own time.

Ok so If they can bung out a Logo every hour then not so bad but.

Bp paid £5million for their logo

Ok

NIKE only paid $20 for theirs.

Whatever you do though make sure it works small large and in B&W

Soldato
The top version above will cause printers to curse you if ytou ever want it printed! The overlaying of colours will cause them a real headache!!!

It's fine for on screen stuff but just a heads up in case you ever want it printed by a printing press!!!

Soldato
I should rephrase that really, the overlaying of translucent colours will cause a headache...if they are spot colours, if you do it in CMYK it would be easier for them..

Alternatively, solid ovelapping tint boxers would be fine too... ;)

Back
Top Bottom