Look what arrived today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sorry. I'll try again. What are the views on the cheaper versions, e.g. the ones that sell for around £35. Are these cheap due to cheaper materials being used such as poor plastic and do they lack in power and are they reliable or going to break easily?

Id only be using it in the back garden so don't really want to spend a lot on it.

Matt

Associate
Originally posted by Agent_matt
Sorry. I'll try again. What are the views on the cheaper versions, e.g. the ones that sell for around £35. Are these cheap due to cheaper materials being used such as poor plastic and do they lack in power and are they reliable or going to break easily?

Id only be using it in the back garden so don't really want to spend a lot on it.

Matt

I'd like to know this also

Soldato
Originally posted by Agent_matt

Matt

They are a waste of money... there is another view on them

For £65 you can get a gas powered Glock 17 with a metal topslide, the gas costs £7.99 a tin and then a few quid for a couple of thousand rounds...

Soldato
OP
The cheap ones £35 are known as single shot, or 'springers'. Very basic.

You pull back the slide and a round is chambered, fire and it shoots, repeat.

£40 can get you a NBB (Non BlowBack) gas pistol. They shoot, but without the slide effects.

£100+ gets you a GBB (Gas BlowBack) Full working magazine cycling.

£150+ gets you an AEG (Auto Electric Gun) Massive capacity in magazines, powerful, rifles SMGs etc...

Legally they're classed as toys. But, obviously if someone sees you in the street with an M4A1 they will think it is real. You just have to use your common sense.

If you threaten someone with one of these, ie go to a paper shop and demand money, you WILL be prosecuted as if it is a real firearm.

Associate
Originally posted by carpmaster
is there any legal issues with these guns, assuming I want to purchase a nice and powerful one to shoot random things in my back garden ?

The legal power limit for a rifle is 12ft/lb. After that you need a FAC. If you just intend to use it in your back garden then anything up to that is fine(assuming you meet all the other legal requirements, which I won't go into), but if your planning on using at at skirmish site then it would be a problem.

The legal issues regarding single action rifles used in skirmishing is a little unclear. The majority of sites have 328FPS limits in place, whereby you won't be allowed to use it if it chrono's above that. However some sites have 500FPS limits for single action rifles, but with a minimum engagement distance (not allowed to shoot someone if they're closer than, say, 20m).

Practically every site has 328FPS limits for AEG's and other weapons. Some have 350FPS limits.

I think all that is pretty correct, anyone feel free to correct me :).

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Shotgun_ned
I think all that is pretty correct, anyone feel free to correct me :).

I believe some sites do allow the 500fps rifles, but on non living targets. I think that is more the case than minimum engagement. But both do apply.

Soldato
OP
P1010131.JPG

P1010129.JPG

P1010130.JPG

P1010133.JPG

P1010134.JPG

Soldato
Originally posted by Skully
Tokyo Marui make the most recognised guns.

Most reliable too I believe.

I don't know why mine broke, but it is a new design.

CA M4 are also rock steady now, I k now of more TM SR-16s failing recently.

I did watn you about the ICS but would you listen... :rolleyes:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom