Lost Ark EU - !!

Soldato
is it a predatory loot box pay to win game then? when it's supposed to launch for early access premium VIP members anyway

There's plenty of F2P big streamers. I couldn't tell you specifically what laws go against Lost Ark but the game generally speaking is no more P2W than WoW, FF14 and every other MMO that sells boosts or has in game tokens like WoW.

Their releasing an update regarding the cash shop in the next week so we'll know more then.

Soldato
@arknor I had a look and apparently these are the reasons why it's banned.

The points that cause friction:
- Disclosing the %'s of chances on that type of cash store item.
- Items obtained via such CAN'T be transferable from player to player, sold on markets, etc.

Not sure on the first point specifically but some items bought from the cash shop can be traded via the auction house.

Soldato
OP
Pre-load starts 7th Feb for all.

Plenty of servers to join for the head start :)
SERVER LIST
This is the list of servers that will be open for players to select, beginning from the Head Start on February 8th. Additional worlds may be opened based on population levels.

EU Central
  • Neria

• Kadan

• Trixion

• Calvasus

• Thirain

• Zinnervale

• Asta

• Wei

• Slen

Soldato
How exactly am I supposed to pick a server? What's the difference between them?

Biggest most popular English server will be Kaden, queues likely and will have a few small LA streamers.

Overall very little difference. Auction House is regional, PvE is too. Difference is grouping together while levelling and guild vs guild pvp / world pvp

Associate
Smilegate believe it'll be around 200k

That isnt actually true.

The Game Director has said the Korean players will get an in-game "present" if the NA/EU release hits 200k concurrent users - (to thank them for supporting the game since 2018 and making it possible therefore to launch in the West) but believes that will be hard to achieve due to wide range of different timezones for this release and no previous Korean MMO getting anywhere near that amount.

Soldato
That isnt actually true.

The Game Director has said the Korean players will get an in-game "present" if the NA/EU release hits 200k concurrent users - (to thank them for supporting the game since 2018 and making it possible therefore to launch in the West) but believes that will be hard to achieve due to wide range of different timezones for this release and no previous Korean MMO getting anywhere near that amount.

Yeah I know that. I suppose what I should I said to be clear is that Smilegate "HOPE" to reach 200k concurrent. When I said 200k I wasn't talking about individual accounts, I expect that'll be a million+ it's one of the top 5 selling games on steam right now and has been for a while, despite not needing to pay for the founder pack.

No one knows for sure, but I got a feeling come Feb 11th it'll break 200k concurrent.

Caporegime
That isnt actually true.

archeage was huge how can that not have hit over 200k?
Black desert online must have hit over 200k surely? maybe not on steam but if they tare taking player numbers from steam then it;s skewed anyway as surely most people use the official launchers and mmos tended to only go on steam as they started to decline.

even niche mmos like eve-online managed around 60k players loged in at it's peak I can't believe no korean mmo ever had over 200k concurrent users between na/eu it makes no sense.

Soldato
archeage was huge how can that not have hit over 200k?
Black desert online must have hit over 200k surely? maybe not on steam but if they tare taking player numbers from steam then it;s skewed anyway as surely most people use the official launchers and mmos tended to only go on steam as they started to decline.

even niche mmos like eve-online managed around 60k players loged in at it's peak I can't believe no korean mmo ever had over 200k concurrent users between na/eu it makes no sense.

Not even FF14 hit over 200k concurrent players with the recent expansion launch, despite it's massive surge in popularity.

Last edited:
Soldato
I could Google but will ask here. :) Is it f2p? Is it mega grindy or casual friendly? Is it p2w?

100% F2P.
You can reach level 50 in 12 hours if you skip side quests for most of the earlier areas.
It's casual friendly, if you don't do daily dungeons/quests you get a rolling bonus that'll give you 50% additional rewards the following day.
Auction House is region based not server
You can buy anything in game with currency earned in game, cosmetics bought from cash shop can also be sold by other players for in game gold.
There is a cash shop which can give players advantages, people don't fully understand this and have formed a lot of assumptions. It's less P2W than WoW.

Caporegime
Not even FF14 hit over 200k concurrent viewers with the recent expansion launch, despite it's massive surge in popularity.
he said Users not viewers.

are they talking about twitch? didn't FFXIV have millions of subscribers in recent years becoming more popular than wow? not hitting 200k active across NA/EU makes no sense?

Soldato
he said Users not viewers.

are they talking about twitch? didn't FFXIV have millions of subscribers in recent years becoming more popular than wow? not hitting 200k active across NA/EU makes no sense?

I meant players, not viewers. I've edited my earlier post. I can't be 100% positive with concurrent numbers for FF14 last month but on Steam it was just under 100k, the other platform does have a lot of accounts but it's unlikely to have reached 110k+ active during Steams peak of just over 90k.

But yeah, they certainly had way more viewers on Twitch. FF14, did indeed become overall more popular than WoW last year. WoW historically still has the most accounts registered and won't be beaten for a very long time if ever.

Back
Top Bottom