Lost In Space - Netflix reboot

Soldato
It's what pasty socially awkward geeks complain about because they are still bitter about having had women ignore them their entire lives.
Tell that to my wife.

It's about a trend with TV shows that constantly portraying women of power and focusing on mostly that whilst ignoring the male characters and their backstory. Would have been nice to learn more about Vijay's father, or that Chinese chap who I thought was a great character from the start. We didn't even learn that much about Don thanks to the huge amount of screen time Smith receives.

Give others some screen time for crying out loud.

Soldato
Tell that to my wife.

It's about a trend with TV shows that constantly portraying women of power and focusing on mostly that whilst ignoring the male characters and their backstory. Would have been nice to learn more about Vijay's father, or that Chinese chap who I thought was a great character from the start. We didn't even learn that much about Don thanks to the huge amount of screen time Smith receives.

Give others some screen time for crying out loud.
But then people moan about there being a lack of female lead in the show? But it's ok, they only moan when it's the female being ignored.

Soldato
But then people moan about there being a lack of female lead in the show? But it's ok, they only moan when it's the female being ignored.
Yes. I mean we didn't even get to see much acting from Debbie. My missus was watching with me and was more interested in Debbie and the Chinese family who at least had a sense of humour.

Soldato
7 episodes in, and enjoying it for the most part.

I know she has been written to be hated, but the writing is so so bad. How the Robinsons continue to overlook her obvious lies is beyond me. I genuinely think that without her (and a little rewriting to fill in the bits she is in where necessary such as spurring Angela on to shoot the robot), it would have been much better so far.

Soldato
7 episodes in, and enjoying it for the most part.

I know she has been written to be hated, but the writing is so so bad. How the Robinsons continue to overlook her obvious lies is beyond me. I genuinely think that without her (and a little rewriting to fill in the bits she is in where necessary such as spurring Angela on to shoot the robot), it would have been much better so far.

Everyone on the show is thick AF when it comes to even the simplist of things. Why didn't anyone remotely question Will when he returns back minus a robot, which they were all in fear of? How did Smith work out where the Robot's remains were in the first place? She seems to know everything without any real explanation.

Soldato
Thought it was decent, it has its problems but for something to switch your brain off to and pass the time there’s a lot worse out there

so what was the alien thingy? Some form of robot egg?

Soldato
Thought it was decent, it has its problems but for something to switch your brain off to and pass the time there’s a lot worse out there

so what was the alien thingy? Some form of robot egg?

It was some kind of hyperdrive engine thingy. It was initially transported (and integrated) via Resolute behind that restricted locked door that made Penny and Maureen's hair stand on end if you recall. The 'Robot' came back for it on the Resolute as far I can tell causing all those deaths in the process. It also caused the events of the finale where the Robinsons are transported to another galaxy.

Caporegime
Everyone on the show is thick AF when it comes to even the simplist of things. Why didn't anyone remotely question Will when he returns back minus a robot, which they were all in fear of? How did Smith work out where the Robot's remains were in the first place? She seems to know everything without any real explanation.

Have to agree, the Dr Smith character was more annoying than anything. And her characters real name just happens to be the female version of Jonathan Harris' name, June Harris. Wouldn't mind knowing:

How exactly is the robot going to show up again seeing as they got pushed into hyperspace and the robot got sent flying out of the ship fighting another robot? More than likely as there was an alien ship floating about that the second robot came out of they'll show the first robot getting into it and following them there. (assuming it gets renewed)

Soldato
Just finished the first season.

Don’t get why a lot of reviewers are slamming this. It was enjoyable watching and didn’t take itself too seriously. It kept me engaged. And I enjoyed most of the characters too.

Will definitely be looking forward to the next season.

Soldato
there is a lot good about it, could easily improve in a second series

it only really has one big flaw I think:

its just jeopardy after jeopardy, after jeopardy - sometimes 6 at once!
dad stuck in space
resolute leaving
a blackhole
smith has the robot under her control
a bloody volcano! why did they need this all of a sudden!
low fuel

maybe a couple at a time is ok but CALM DOWN SCRIPT WRITERS! dont use up every idea you can think of in 10 mins!!!!

Back
Top Bottom