Low fps on 3070?

Associate
Hi guys I'm playing games like gta V and getting low fps 50 - 70 and new world 30 - 70 l, does anyone have any advice

the specs are:
cpu: i5-9600k
RAM: 16gn corsai vengeance 3200MHz (single)
Hard rive: seagate firecuda 510 m.2 500GB PCI express 3.0 NVMe & seagate 1TB baracuda
GPU geforce rtx 3070
Power supply Corsair 650W CV650
Motherboad: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming plus
Cooling: coolmaser hyper 212

Could be something driver / software related, especially as gta V is notoriously badly optimised. However, a couple of hardware things:
  • A single stick of ram will cause bottlenecks, probably worth buying another stick.
  • The 9600k might be a bottleneck.

Could see what gpu and cpu usage does during gaming? (could start off just by setting task manager going before starting the game). If cpu usage is high and gpu usage low that would confirm

This guy seems to be getting around 120fps avg with a 9600k + 3080ti so I doubt it's the CPU unless it's overheating and throttling.

Temps seem fine could it be the single stick 9f ram? I'm not sure what's going on also would hdmi cable help at all I'm using the one that came with my 144hz monitor

Temps seem fine could it be the single stick 9f ram? I'm not sure what's going on also would hdmi cable help at all I'm using the one that came with my 144hz monitor
Having a single stick of ram and not 2 for dual channel will certainly hurt performance.

Back
Top Bottom