LTT called out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just watched this video.

Quite and interesting watch to see GN call out LTT like this (needed to be done to be fair)

Appologies if in the wrong place felt as this was a tech channel it was more appropriate for this forum!

Associate
OP
Ah i just posted this in the general hardware thread as i thought it was more generic.

But it was an interesting video, just finished watching their attitude to these companies challenging them were a disgrace. That waterblock story was actually heartbreaking and potentially devistating for that new start up company.

Soldato
I’m half way through watching it, and Steve’s certainly calling him out for his sloppy work.
I stopped watching anything LMG quite a while ago as it seems more of money making machine than anything else.
It's like comparing Top Gear to something serious IMHO. There is nuggets of good info but it is an entertainment channel.

Personally I can't stand Linus's voice so don't watch his videos.
Compared to the nasally GN that is saying something!

Last edited:
Soldato
Might give this a watch in a bit.

Although I find LTT entertaining enough, I always thought his content has "angles".

Some of GN content, actually mostly just Steve's opinion can be a bit off, he even literally contradicts his own results sometimes.

That being said I really like the content from Anthony on LTT, that guy is spot on and does some interesting stuff as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ooh drama. As it goes I've never been particularly taken with techtubing as a format outside the kind of "zany project" entertainment style stuff. I'd rather read like techpowerup etc. even if they do have a handful of their own issues.

Associate
Ah i just posted this in the general hardware thread as i thought it was more generic.

But it was an interesting video, just finished watching their attitude to these companies challenging them were a disgrace. That waterblock story was actually heartbreaking and potentially devistating for that new start up company.

Really can't believe what they did with with that water block, not only did they not test it properly, they apparently never followed their instructions, never sent it back as requested as it was their best prototype and then auctioned it off!. This was a small startup and if it hasn't already it could kill that company.

And now that prototype is out in the wild that device could end up being copied and really kill the company, I really hope Linus gets his ass sued over this one.

Associate
OP
Really can't believe what they did with with that water block, not only did they not test it properly, they apparently never followed their instructions, never sent it back as requested as it was their best prototype and then auctioned it off!. This was a small startup and if it hasn't already it could kill that company.

And now that prototype is out in the wild that device could end up being copied and really kill the company, I really hope Linus gets his ass sued over this one.

It's more scummy as why would anyone now trust them with an NDA? I mean they may not have signed one, but why would anyone trust them after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom