US: lucifer

Soldato
Agree the 1940s episode was good but some of the others felt bit stretched maybe due to them going from 8 episodes to 16 half way through filming. Looking forward to s5 part 2 with how part 1 ended.

Soldato
Seen the first 4 episodes so far and I am bored tbf. There’s either been too big a gap between this and the previous season or it just feels ‘off’. The 1940’s episode was the worst yet and I really wanted to forward through most of it.

Lucifer himself is splendid as usual but I’m finding the rest of the cast just lacking in their usual performances.

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm a bit bored - it is just a bit too painfully self-aware - the previous seasons were just enough it was entertaining. That and how contrived events and story elements are around what characters are feeling, etc. is a bit lazy writing wise and breaks you out of being able to just switch off and enjoy it.

Agree the 1940s episode was good but some of the others felt bit stretched maybe due to them going from 8 episodes to 16 half way through filming. Looking forward to s5 part 2 with how part 1 ended.

I'm finding the 1940s episode a bit difficult watching - it's just too cheesy and over the top for me with the reuse of actors - as a slightly more serious story it would have been great - even if it is intended to be a bit of fun between Lucifer and Trixie.

Last edited:
Soldato
I liked it to start with but by now it feels like it's just recycling the same old "Maze good, Maze goes bad when a puppet master tells her something, Maze betrays Lucifer but loses, Maze good again" season arc over and over with just a different "puppet master" in the background. Some of the interesting ideas like Dan finding out weren't explored much which is a shame but I liked the "Maze backstory" 1940's episode and the Ella/Boyfriend arc which was pretty good.

However overall it feels like it's missing "something" over the earlier series. The actors seem to be doing OK but the storylines and script aren't quite as sharp as they once were, or maybe it's getting repetitive having the same "issues between Chloe and Lucifer being mirrored by issues discussed during interviews with suspects". I'm not sure what but I didn't enjoy this as much as I have previously.

Man of Honour
or maybe it's getting repetitive having the same "issues between Chloe and Lucifer being mirrored by issues discussed during interviews with suspects".

This is what is breaking my ability to just switch off and watch it - it is just too convenient too often.

Man of Honour
Other than S1 and 2 it was always going to go downhill once the fun/novelty wore off, like the vast majority of shows do. :)

Largely I've enjoyed it beyond S1 and 2 - while it doesn't quite hit the premise of S1 it has been easy watching and a good distraction without having to be anything more than it is. All it really needs is slick writing and a bit of fun. But this season has been too painfully self-aware, trying too hard without the writing to make it work.

Permabanned
Largely I've enjoyed it beyond S1 and 2 - while it doesn't quite hit the premise of S1 it has been easy watching and a good distraction without having to be anything more than it is. All it really needs is slick writing and a bit of fun. But this season has been too painfully self-aware, trying too hard without the writing to make it work.

Oh wife and I have enjoyed it, got a little silly but its still fun. Caveat, only watched the first episode of S5 so far, should probably not be in here. :)

Lucifer = Kenneth Williams. :p

Man of Honour
I think we're up to the 1940s episode but yeah I'm finding it a bit meh compared to earlier seasons, just seems to have lost a bit of the wit.

Soldato
Forced myself through the 'final' episode 8 last night. What a boring season so far to be brutally honest.

The writers just don't know what do with Maze and she stands well above the rest of the cast as a wasted character. The whole Linda and Amenadiel baby arc is just dull as hell too. They should have done something with Detective Douche and Ella because they are excellent firmly established and loved characters but I felt they were overshadowed by the Lucifer/Chloe love arc which is getting too long in the tooth at this point.

I am not smiling or laughing like I used to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually enjoyed this season, but some scenes just didn't fit together and I'm not sure the show knows what it wants to be.

You have some very cheesy scenes right next to emotional powerful ones. Dan crying his eyes out at the cemetery, whilst good acting didn't fit with the show.

It was a bit messy, but I still enjoyed it. They are obviously making a point at the whole woke thing, which I found hilarious. The 1946 episode, and a few others but the icing on the cake was the
black god
, brilliant

Soldato
binged this after watching Season 1 when it came out then losing it when it changed channels. Generally love it, Tom is great, Maze can be really funny when written right [loved the bit about her baby toys], some of Linda's reactions are hysterical. Ella is god****ingawful and the worst thing to happen to the series - that Boo Normal episode was pure unadulterated excrement. Conversely, Charlotte was one of the best, that character was so well written and just hilarious, then had a really good arc when she returned to "normal". Loved the 40s episode, and the self-****take Lieutenant Diablo one was sublime.

Back
Top Bottom