1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luke Cage - Netflix September 30th

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by V_R, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Glanza

Sgarrista

Upto episode 10 over weekend, if it wasn't for the soundtrack and the Jamaican guys I think I'd be struggling to get through it.

2. AndyCr15

Soldato

So I think I wasn't a massive fan of the first season, I have quite a lot of shows queued up now, is season 2 worth a watch then? Or give it a miss?

3. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Really enjoyed the first until the mid point, then it fell on it's ass and was a real struggle to get through the rest of the season. Is there anything in season 2 that comes close to being good as any scenes from the first starring Mahershala Ali?

4. Glanza

Sgarrista

Finished it last night and not sure where they'll go for S3 regarding Luke's ark now he's 'on top' Mariah's daughter I don't think has the chops to be the new 'big bad' next season.

Soundtrack was great all the way through.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2018
  5. Richeh

Mobster

@Glanza

Would maybe edit your post as its a bit 'spoilery'.

6. VincentHanna

Capodecina

A bit!

7. lurkio

Mobster

Really need to get some subtitles for this, haven't a clue WTF some people are saying at times

8. Jonny2284

Wise Guy

Then turn them on?

9. insane200

Soldato

Struggling with season 2, the first season was alright up to the last few, this one has started slow and with those jamaiJam guys im finding it hard to hear what they are saying, I'm only about 4/5 in but feel like I might not bother with the rest.

10. Gee

Mobster

This season's episodes are named after the Pete Rock & CL Smooth songs.

11. checjb

Wise Guy

I've only watched S02E01-02 but it's not really grabbing me so far. The Jamaica accent is really hard to understand from all the characters. However, what really annoyed me was the near constant use of the N-word throughout. It seemed to be every other word in the first episode and was really jarring. It also just screams hypocrisy at me that a mainstream program like Luke Cage can use it with abandon but if it's used once in a 'white' show then it's "To Twitter my outraged minions!"

12. Malevolence

Sgarrista

Had no problem understanding the Jamaican accents at all.

13. Narj

Capodecina

I've been bingeing on this since finishing Jessica Jones and it's awesome. Bushmaster is possibly now one of my fave "villains" ever. Love the Capoeira stuff and the actor playing him is really intense.

Great that Netflix are taking the initiative making shows like this with proper, well rounded characters and stories rather than the ridiculous practice of shoehorning particular demographics into existing characters.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 12:26 PM