Luke Cage - Netflix September 30th

Associate
With luck they'll carry that music over to the Defenders with the writing a mix of Daredevil and Jessica Jones (yet to see Iron Fist so no idea if that's any good yet).

Associate
Just finished. It felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be; a crappy wire mixed with a crappy superhero show. I liked Shades but his character development has more holes like one of Cages hoodies.

Caporegime
Misty is the only thing that makes me want to watch season 2 to be honest. Everything else about season one was absolutely terrible imo. I'd rather they spin Colleen and Misty off to their own show, they're both far more interesting than the main characters!

Caporegime
Misty is the only thing that makes me want to watch season 2 to be honest. Everything else about season one was absolutely terrible imo. I'd rather they spin Colleen and Misty off to their own show, they're both far more interesting than the main characters!

Really? I can't stand her, her whole character is insanely awful, almost as bad as Claire. Throughout the defenders she stands around demanding answers in this tone that says, I'm the best, if you tell me everything will be fine. She's talking to literal super heroes with powers and they've all taken on people the police haven't been able to touch and they are against someone even worse. But she has this smarmy, just tell me, I'm so much better than you, if you tell me I'll have it sorted straight away thing. Basically nothing she says at any point doesn't sound utterly ridiculous and stupid. Everything she said and did in the Defenders was absolutely absurd. She doesn't say anything important, she doesn't share a single piece of interesting or useful information, at every turn she's a weird pointless roadblock to slow them down for absolutely no reason.

I think I've tried to block out most of the first series of Luke cage so other than banging Luke I can't remember what else she did exactly, but in the defenders she was the a complete and utter waste of space contributing absolutely nothing to the show or the 'team'.

Soldato
In LC she had some abilitiy to look at a crimescene or a series of photos of a crime scene and piece together what really happened. She also had a determination rather than arrogance.
In TD she was just an awful stand around, much like all the supporting characters. It would have been better to slot them as cameos, or passing through rather than attempt to build roles for them. They have their role in the individual series, leave it at that.
Overall concpet fine, but too much guff, and they really haven't managed to build IF into anything remotely likable.

Caporegime
Oh, that sounds vaguely familiar, it's amazing how little I remember about Luke Cage S1. Even then it doesn't explain how ridiculous she was in the defenders, just every word out of her mouth screamed "I'm so amazing, tell me and I'll click my fingers and fix it", nothing she said made sense.

So presumably they stuck her into the Defenders to get a 'power' or in this case, tech, so she would be a bigger character of LC S2, but they made her incredibly unlikeable while trying to shoehorn her in there.

Soldato
Agreed.
The sidekicks are wasted in a coming together show.

I think of all the shows Gao is my favourite character, hope she made it out along with DD and Elecktra

Caporegime
I liked Luke Cage but the problem was giving him a rubbish villain made him come across a bit rubbish at times.
Not only that but Luka Cage is imo just too "nice" and comes accross as a bit soft in his own series nstead of the "man of few words badass" he was in Jessica Jones S1.

Caporegime
1lppg4.jpg

Soldato
i'm danny rand.
I'm Danny Rand.
I'M DANNY RAND.
I'MMM DANNNNYYY RANNND.
I'M DANNNYNYNYNYNN RNANDNDNFDNDMNDNDBN
GMNLSDFKLJSDVI]K,VRSJPVKVC85TG549050PT6890GFGU98-4UY89G5G56UH

Could you be talking about...THE IMMORTAL IRONFIST!!!! DEFENDER OF blah etc.

Caporegime
Iron Fist is in S2, Sweet Christmas.............:eek: :mad:
i'm danny rand.
I'm Danny Rand.
I'M DANNY RAND.
I'MMM DANNNNYYY RANNND.
I'M DANNNYNYNYNYNN RNANDNDNFDNDMNDNDBN
GMNLSDFKLJSDVI]K,VRSJPVKVC85TG549050PT6890GFGU98-4UY89G5G56UH
LMAO... they really are scraping the barrel now if they are commissioning this steaming pile of turd for a second series.

Back
Top Bottom