Luxury car for £6000...

or maybe a Jag with low mileage? I think fro £6k, you need to be looking as low mileage as possible and more normal engines i.e. mainstream engines that don't cost a fortune maybe? I mean a full on Jag for £6k, 1 owner, can't go wrong there? it's gonna be cheaper than a Range Rover at least and gives you that luxery you're after?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...ice-to=6000&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

The TDV8 is meant to be a solid unit. You won't need to have it serviced at a main dealer for resale value - yeah it might have some bigger bills than a Fiesta but you can get unlucky with any car.

The TDV8 is meant to be a solid unit. You won't need to have it serviced at a main dealer for resale value - yeah it might have some bigger bills than a Fiesta but you can get unlucky with any car.

It's not unlucky to find a 15 year old car requires regular work, it's entirely expected. Nothing lasts for ever.

The TDV8 is meant to be a solid unit.
Are they though? Especially with the RR Sports there always seem to be an alarming number of them in the "non runners" sections at the auctions. Otherwise lovely cars, i had a petrol V8 L322. Personally though, i think their time has really passed now - remember that these are actually a 20 year old car.

I say go for it, if you want one and can afford the running costs do it. All I would say is make sure you have a emergency fund for when something goes wrong. This is what I have down in the past.
I know a few people who have owned a Range Rover, one has said he would never buy another, others are still running them and love them to death.

Mercedes S class. Preferably the long version. Here's a 2012 model for £7k

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010185132015

And a 2009 model for £5900

That first one just screams abused.
  • Budget tyres
  • Failed multiple MOT's on tyres below tread depth
  • Someone seems to have even taken the bulb out of the EML lamp and presented it
If that thing has had an oil change in the last 5 years I'll eat my sweaty trainers as it appears previous owners have only replaced stuff when told they have to.

Could you sell your other 3 cars and add that to the pot, probably get something a little newer and potentially take the reliability question a bit more out of the equation?

Always been a fan of the older RR, a bloke who shares out office space has one but as much as it looks nice he would have the AA out lots.

Work had one scrapped last year which was a 2007 I think. It looked nice but it was a proper shed and not that well built. When we stripped the inside and lifted up the carpets to defit some equipment we found a rusty lake. It had been letting in rain probably since it left the factory.

Back
Top Bottom