Lycra Clad Legacies

Soldato
Coming soon.

Swolfies, half-assed logging and the struggle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New stomping ground:

6RRQjFD.jpg

2IydLMy.jpg

2IydLMy.jpg

3WyEASt.jpg

XrhbknJ.jpg

n8YkooL.jpg

TPNUjID.jpg

poqdQB3.jpg 5w9G8Hf.jpg

EtKogow.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think these were my 'last' logs and probably best progress for strengths & aesthetics in my lifting career.

For the uninitiated and non-founding bro-hirrim.

Me Gusta Le Hypertrophy

There are gains coming Mr Wayne.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be updated.

• Current swolfies (4-5 years of cycling and minimal lifting - still a reasonable base & shape)
  • - Pending mid-March 'transformation' #stillnocalves
  • Stats
  • - still 5'10 (feels)
  • - 82-83KG currently 14-15%bf
  • Current lifts
  • Jan - 2019 - these weren't 1RM's but rather 'heaviest this year so far'
  • - Bench - 100KG was quick & comfortable (pec minor strain and ligament tear felt otherwise. Currently a WIP...)
  • -Deadlift - 120KG for a double, testing water.
  • -Squat - 100KG for a double, I think? again testing water.
  • -Not completely weak AF...
Me Post #14 said:
Short term goals based on current performance:

120KG bench (150KG previous PB)
140KG squat (210KG previous PB)
160KG deadlift (222.5KG previous PB)

Unsure if I'll see these in 12 weeks but they aren't unrealistic.

Inb4 phaggot, I will still be cycling but 10-12 hours a week and 11,000 miles this year is a little more time than I'm prepared to continue to dedicate.

I've trained for around 45 minutes, including a 10 minute row, on Monday's for the last six months, most weeks as there is a small gym 0.6miles down the road so it's only 1 minute further past my own door.

Usually a two to three sets of predominantly upper lifts (machines/barbell) with very little leg work due to DOMs and cycling not mixing well. So enough to not have horrendous conditioning and regain a little base strength but for the most part still relatively 'untrained'. My movement and form is unaffected but as expected my core & trunk need a little work.

Polarising my cycling should allow me to half that time on the bike and use what I save under the barbell. But it will take care to balance both to continue to progress without hindering the other.

Short term I would like to still maintain an FTP in the region of 3.5 or 4 wkg but inevitably expect this to wane slightly. As long as I can still drop @Steedie like a sack of **** on the climbs I'll be happy :p :v

I expect HST will tick the box again but with some n00bie gains (pls) and the experience of which movements work for me and also what I enjoy.

As ever several new gyms have opened in Aylesbury and GymFit4Less will have the pleasure of my shaven legs for the immediate future - unless from my Free Pass today it transpires to be a complete dive.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Plan of action:

Monday - Restday
Tuesday - Lift
Wednesday - Spin - 90
Thursday - Lift
Friday - Spin - 90
Saturday - Lift
Sunday - Spin - 120+

Squat, Bench, Dead form feels fine. Working with 40-60KG, 60-80KG and 80-100KG to gauge impairment on riding and also condition my quads to some eccentric loading.

Getting some regular Front Squat work in, including pauses, to quickly establish core/trunk strength. My front rack position felt wonderful :D but all that external shoulder rotation range will soon diminish as my lats & delts tighten up inevitably. DOMs from BW dips felt like how I imagine a shoulder arthroscopy would feel like :eek:

Mild structure currently comprising of 1-2 compounds for each major group, fairly low volume still, with a handful of isolations to finish. I know where time & effort is best spent for me and 'bang-for-buck.'

Surprisingly not as weak as I anticipated, power down massively as you'd expect but it should be promising. Pumped up well this evening given the calorie deficit, felt hyy0000ge, for a cyclist :p

Swolfies & measurements still to come.

Soldato
OP
Replacing carbon wheels with olympic plates.

Dat quality, dat lack of leg hair, dat soon.

****ing about but plenty to work on.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sweaty one tonight...

Not overdoing it but testing the waters a little.

• 100KG squat for a double (conscious I am riding tomorrow...) + some paused fronties at 40-50KG
  • 120KG deadlift for a double
  • Chins @ BW, 6, 6, 5
  • Bench 60x12, 70x10, 80x8
  • DB Rows
  • Dips @ BW 8, 7, 6
  • Lateral raises
  • Bi/Tri superset x 2
Strong titties pump. Keeping volume low as if I can make strength & size gains off little stimulation then I'll take that low hanging fruit while it's there. Strength & endurance (conditioning generally) seems to be returning at an alarming rate.

Think I will give it 12 weeks to post a then/now aesthetic comparison, I'll be off for a week and a bits cycling in March so that'll be timed nicely.

Short term goals based on current performance:

Soldato

You might have a case of the LiE's about you with your targets, I wouldn't be surprised to see those smashed in 12 weeks.

Soldato
OP
You might have a case of the LiE's about you with your targets, I wouldn't be surprised to see those smashed in 12 weeks.

I'm hopeful.

The additional training load from lifting was evident on this weeks ride on Tuesday +10bpm for the same given effort. Despite not having DOMs or any significant lower body fatigue legs were understandably feeling less fresh than usual on the pedals.

Got caught at work yesterday evening but still made the session. Had to work around not wanting to wait for the leg press and a few other bits. Nothing noteworthy really except for a bit of incline with 30's feeling quite comfortable, no wobbling or off form.

Session tomorrow I might push it a bit on bench. Chest/shoulder pumps are ridiculous currently, my old stretch marks lit up like christmas trees at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom