Mafia 2 demo!

Associate
found the steering to be abit tricky and if hit a car at high speed your screwed, you'll be near death/dead and then the cops will have caught up with you and be shooting at you.

Soldato
Actually a lot better than i was expecting. Turning while driving is like pulling teeth its so horrible but i guess you'd get used to it (and the first time i drove high speed i crashed head-on into a truck and was killed instantly).

The combat seemed pretty good though. I won't be able to get it on release since i doubt this pc can handle it but i might get it over christmas when its going cheap.

Man of Honour
Just had another go at it and now it seems to be working:eek:

Next problem, even with just 2x AA the frame rate goes through the floor.

It looks so much nicer with 4x AA tho compared to either no AA or the ingame edge filtering... I drop from 88fps average to 68fps tho with 4x AA :S while thats fine for average fps it means the mins are sometimes pushing uncomfortably low.

Man of Honour
Weird shouldn't be that much of a hit on a GTX260 with just 2x.

I'm using a decently OC'd GTX470 for rendering with a GTX260 for PhysX - 1680x1050@120Hz w/ all settings max, PhysX on high.

Soldato
Using 4x aa forced i got 18-15 fps in demo at start and outside.

Using 2x aa forced i got 25-35 fps in demo at start and outside.

Defo make sure supersampling is OFF tho as that will reduced it a lot.

This is with all ingame options high but aa set to off and vsync off and using 1920x1080 with medium physx using new physx driver, new nvidia driver, using hack for physx i.e only vito for clothe. And run on the rig in my sig.

Without forced aa though the nvidia profile jericho (which means ur not playing the game that nvidia has optimised through their hidden profiles) i get roughly steady 60fps. (think their is a 60fps limit in the game as nothing i do will make it go past 60fps.

Last edited:
Associate
i picked up the 360 wireless controller receiver for £15 and the car's are so much better with a controller compared to the keyboard.

Been meaning to pick up the 360 reciever for my 360 pad for a while now as i sometimes play games like PES/Fifa...etc that are best played with a pad so nice to see the cars are better using a pad than keyboard.

I'm going to play GTA IV for the first time ever once it actually finishes installing(yes i know i'm a bit late to that game) so i'll get a chance to do a comparison between the two games albeit a basic one considering mafia is a demo and GTA is a full game.

Soldato
I'm going to play GTA IV for the first time ever once it actually finishes installing(yes i know i'm a bit late to that game) so i'll get a chance to do a comparison between the two games albeit a basic one considering mafia is a demo and GTA is a full game.

I loaded up GTA4 the other and the graphics in comparison and taking performance into account was shocking at best. :o :(

Associate
This game runs miles better than GTA 4 does at my resolution on my system, I can't wait for it to be released, just started replaying Fallout 3 in the meantime, but being a real bad guy!

Back
Top Bottom