Mafia 2 demo!

Associate
I found the benchmark on this to be a little strange in the fact that the first time I run it it runs with pretty unimpressive fps, especially at the start/outside bit.
Then when I run it again it's miles better, whether that's due to some caching or what I'm not sure but certainly leads to some big differences in the final score. :)

All in all I enjoyed the demo though, looks pretty good and inspired me to play the original Max Payne again while waiting for the release; classic game worth revisiting. :)

Soldato
Wow such a difference with the 360 pad the driving is lovely now compared to hard to control with a keyboard (g11).

The shooting is a bit tricky tho but i might get used to it. Is their no lock on to enemy feature or is it just manual aim?

Soldato
There is a lock on working similarly to RDR, but it does not hold very long. Shooting is a bit more difficult..myself I play driving on x360pad, shooting on mouse+keyboard.

Associate
red20dead20redemption20.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Demo finished downloading half hour ago on steam. When I try to start it, the steam launching box appears momentarily then nothing happens. Ive checked processes and reinstalled 3 different versions of physx (including the ones from game folder) - updated gfx drivers yesterday

Soldato
I assume you guys have figured out a way to beat the 10 minute timer? I have no doubt it's detailed in this thread, but I would appreciate if someone could tell me what I need to do without having to go through 17 pages.
Thanks!

Man of Honour
Theres a hex edit you can do to stop the mission failed if your outside map boundaries - not much point tho as it just opens up another couple of roads and thats about it - most of the extra stuff is just low detail background version or missing entirely you get about 200yards out the bounds and the ground becomes no clip.

Back
Top Bottom