Mafia 2 demo!

Associate
Having fun pushing fishermen in the water. Also if you get into a fight near the dock area, trail them to the edge, turn em around and knock em flying off the edge..... good times.

Associate
Just played the demo and i'm very suprised with it, its not what i was expecting.

i was expecting a poor man's gta4 but how wrong was i.

It looks and runs like a dream at 1920x1080 with the default settings, also the gameplay is head and shoulders above gta, the controls are so much smoother, responsive and more accurate.

I'm defo pre-odering it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is similar situation to Mafia 1 vs GTA3.

GTA3 sold more and had more mainstream appeal, but Mafia was superior in every way - graphically it was years ahead, physically too, story is uncomparably better, controls too - shootouts were actually super fun.

Hopefully similar situation will happen here - GTA4 and Episodes were great, but Mafia should be in a league of its own. It certainly seems so from the demo.

Soldato
Well I love the demo, despite how many people seem to hate it. I think it is missing a few things but no doubt down to the limited content due to the demos size. The AI can be a bit pants but it doesn't detract from the overall joy of playing. Just wish the demo timer was longer!

Soldato
Am loving the Demo so far, but the Camera while driving is ****, far too close and too low down to see where your going, and if you move it up with the mouse after a few seconds it moves back to its default position again.

Also i can't seem to get the AA trick to work, i renamed the exe, created a new profile in the Nvidia CP for the exe and forced 8xQ AA but there is still no AA ingame?

Last edited:
Soldato
The demo is awesome and the game runs smooth even on older machines. This is going to be a game of the year if the story and missions are good.

Soldato
Am loving the Demo so far, but the Camera while driving is ****, far too close and too low down to see where your going, and if you move it up with the mouse after a few seconds it moves back to its default position again.

Also i can't seem to get the AA trick to work, i renamed the exe, created a new profile in the Nvidia CP for the exe and forced 8xQ AA but there is still no AA ingame?

Using latest drivers? Turned aa off ingame so nvidia panel uses it instead and its set to overide?

Just played the demo and i'm very suprised with it, its not what i was expecting.

i was expecting a poor man's gta4 but it how wrong was i.

It looks and runs like a dream at 1920x1080 with the default settings, also the gameplay is head and shoulders above gta, the controls are so much smoother, responsive and more accurate.

I'm defo pre-odering it.

I expected the graphics to be a bit better, but it really doesn't matter as it runs fine 1920x1200 with all settings turned up.

The shooting feels good, the cars feel good enough -GTA has a lot to improve for next time!

I like the little touches such as shoot a wall on the mission and bits fly off.

I didn't bother driving round town I will do it when I get the game, as I shall be getting it anyway based on the first Mafia game (**** me it was 8 years ago!).

Soldato
meeeh couldn't find the screenshot folder so MSpaint did the job

mafia2demo.jpg

Impressed :)

Back
Top Bottom