Mafia 2 demo!

Associate
As well as renaming to jericho.exe, also set the nv control panel AA setting to:
Over-ride application settings

and set ingame AA to off

Didn't work for me till I did both.

Soldato
K&M or Xbox controller for this? Downloading the demo as we speak, it's going at 2.8 MB/s. I love Steam!
I was really disappointed with GTA4 so hopefully this is much better.

Edit - Aye, not too bad. Might buy it a few months down the road when it's cheaper. Didn't like how it changed my brightness once I left the game though!

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol apparently you can do lots with this demo. :D

There is a patch to remove the 'killed failed mission' so you can go outside the boundaries. Also patches for infinite ammo and god mode. You can also run scripts to change the weather, get infinite money. Edit files to have different cars in your garage. :D

Associate
One quick thing, if i wanted to connect a 2nd monitor to monitor things such as gpu usage, cpu temp etc while playing mafia would this have any effect on fps? if its connecting to my 5850 its gonna take some juice away from my gaming monitor no?

Got two 22" 1680x1050 monitors on my 5850 and disabling the 2nd makes no difference on benchmarks when running the game on one screen and having the windows desktop on the other.

Soldato
After playing the demo on both my pc (actually both my gaming pc and my gaming laptop) and my PS3 I can concurr that the console version is err not that great. It plays the same (in terms of gameplay) but the framerate is completely unplayable whilst in the actual mission.

The pc version is obviously a lot better and runs quite well (even taking into account the physx issues). It doesn't looks that great though. The DOF looks awful and the less said about the textures the better.

Gameplay wise I did really enjoy it although its a shame the demo doesn't show off a more original style mission.

I think I will get this game but not on the initial launch.

Soldato
After playing the demo on both my pc (actually both my gaming pc and my gaming laptop) and my PS3 I can concurr that the console version is err not that great. It plays the same (in terms of gameplay) but the framerate is completely unplayable whilst in the actual mission.
The 360 Version is far FAR better than the PS3 Version, and it has caused quite a stink on the official 2K forums from PS3 fans.

Soldato
lol apparently you can do lots with this demo. :D

There is a patch to remove the 'killed failed mission' so you can go outside the boundaries. Also patches for infinite ammo and god mode. You can also run scripts to change the weather, get infinite money. Edit files to have different cars in your garage. :D
Links anywhere? If it's legal.

Back
Top Bottom