Mafia 3

Soldato
Tried loading it up last night but resolution all messed up. I play at 3440x1440 and I can't even get into the relevant graphics settings section as the game freeze up in the loading screen and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out. Tried about 5 times before giving up.

Will give it another month or so before trying again.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Tried loading it up last night but resolution all messed up. I play at 3440x1440 and I can't even get into the relevant graphics settings section as the game freeze up in the loading screen and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out. Tried about 5 times before giving up.

Will give it another month or so before trying again.

Even mafia 1 works fine in that res, and the menus. Such a bad game.

Associate
Anyone else found some cool modded cars yet?

Managed to find this:

mafia%203%20car_zpszl3kgpqp.png

just playing through mafia 1 right now. i love that game, one of my all time favourites, but boy is it boring. it doesn't help that i know every inch of it so driving is no longer an exploration, but i spend about 99% of the time driving from a to b, from b to a, from a to c to b to a.

i think when i give mafia 3 a go i'll realise how much more interactive that game is even if it's a total disappointment and should be so much more.

Associate
Just finished this and I really don't understand all the hate it's getting.

I agree it's repetitive but any game with a long single player campaign is.

I agree it could run better but 40-50fps at 3440x1440 isn't bad and what G-Sync is for.

I agree it's inexcusable to release a game locked at 30fps but that was solved within a couple of days.

As for graphical glitches, yes of course there are some but in my 32 hours in the game I didn't notice more than a dozen which is pretty good in my book.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the game, the setting and story are excellent and up there with the first 2 games in the series.

Associate
Yes same here just finished it and will be considering the DLC.
After I used the Reshade V5 by Nyclix it made the game look a whole lot better.
Only got very few bugs and could run it at around 60fps at 1080.

The AI is much better than people have said. In particular the combat was first rate.
I never used the highlighting enemy option and only used the whistle a few times.

The graphics are a lot better than people realise with using Reshade. It took away all of the blurring and you can clearly see what looks like relief on brick work.

It also had a few things that where somewhat unique to an open world game.
I enjoyed it anyway.

Permabanned
Just finished this and I really don't understand all the hate it's getting.

I agree it's repetitive but any game with a long single player campaign is.

I agree it could run better but 40-50fps at 3440x1440 isn't bad and what G-Sync is for.

I agree it's inexcusable to release a game locked at 30fps but that was solved within a couple of days.

As for graphical glitches, yes of course there are some but in my 32 hours in the game I didn't notice more than a dozen which is pretty good in my book.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the game, the setting and story are excellent and up there with the first 2 games in the series.

I get you enjoyed it but thats an awful lot of excuses you making for it. It looks poor even with reshade, the AI is borderline useless and the "story" missions you repeat over and over are skippable side missions in most games. Was really looking forward to playing this and its been my biggest let down in quite some time.

4/10 - IGN :D

Soldato
Doesn't run bad here at all,I've had a couple of crashes to desktop but wasn't sure if that was because i was running MSI Afterburner.

This game gets my 970 Hot though,anywhere between 79-85c.

Come across a few bugs too,One where my char wouldn't show up in the mirrors at all or hes a weird shape,Also a bug in one of the missions where the car wouldn't start at all,Took me like 5 mins to start the car :D

So far im enjoying the game,But its not anywhere near on the same level as Mafia 2 imo.

Soldato
Finished it yesterday, had 2 bugs that caused me to reload the game which we're cutscenes sticking on a loading screen. Other than that apart from the odd texture not popping in didn't have a issue with the 26 hours I've had out of it.

Went with the ending I wanted then looked on Youtube to see the others, happy with the choice I made.

Granted the missions got very tedious and in other games would probably be optional, soundtrack was awesome and the facial animations are up there with LA Noire.

Associate
Took a punt on this as it was a tenner on cdkeys.

Music and story seem good so far but I'm really disappointed with the performance, 3440x1440 and even if I turn the graphics down to medium (which then look appalling) I can't get 60fps. Tried bumping down to 2560x1440 and only gained a couple of fps!

Arkham Knight has been enjoyable after they sorted the performance issues out but that could give decent fps to start with. This feels like it needs some major optimisation.

Associate
You can pick this garbage up for £8 from g2a, just don't. The value is no more than £2, when it drops to that, which I can't see being long as it is that bad, then and only then consider it to take the **** out of.

Back
Top Bottom