US: Making a Murderer (Netflix)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The hole in the blood vial is by far the most mind boggling thing imo

Apparently although it made a good TV, it wasn't actually as damning as viewer would expect - defense failed to prove that the hole in the vial was not part of a standard evidence procedure as piercing the tops of blood tubes was considered to be standard practice while filling them. Broken seal on evidence case with blood was also debunked - members of Avery's defense team recorded breaking into the package during appeal against his rape conviction.

Associate
Apparently although it made a good TV, it wasn't actually as damning as viewer would expect - defense failed to prove that the hole in the vial was not part of a standard evidence procedure as piercing the tops of blood tubes was considered to be standard practice while filling them. Broken seal on evidence case with blood was also debunked - members of Avery's defense team recorded breaking into the package during appeal against his rape conviction.

Very interesting.

It's sad we'll probably never know what happened.

Soldato
I'm still undecided on what really happened - as everyone else is.

Was a good binge watch.

Len Kachinsky was a **** though - laughing in court when under questioning.

Associate
Very interesting to watch the expressions and faces of the cops when they answering the questions.

Don't think you need to be an expert in body language to see they were mega uncomfortable.

The averies on the other hand just seem confused about the whole situation. Seems like they lack the ability to persuade people of their version of events and just mumble and look at the floor.

Curious from a professionals point of view which is a bigger clue to dishonesty.

Associate
so who do you think dunnit ?
T
hink the show was very keen to point out they couldn't suggest any other potentials.

The ladies brother or ex could have been interesting to check out. How many times in the UK has someone made an emotional press release asking for information only for it to turn out to be them all along?

Seems a really far stretch that the cops killed her but the show really only gave one side of the story.

Seems that a lot of people had links to the police force and the Avery family and loyalties were definitely confused.

Associate
I tried, I just couldn't get into it. It seems too documentary like and no action/suspense for me. Does it take some time to get into?

Soldato
The "Generation Why" Podcast are busy doing a long and impartial analysis of the Making a murderer case. I was already a subscriber to this podcast but thought would give you a heads up.

Things you should check out if you liked this and need another fix:

The Staircase
HBO - Paradise Lost (trilogy of films)
HBO - The Jinx
HBO - The Newburgh Sting

C64

C64

Soldato
Anyone who liked this series will also like

"The jinx the life and deaths of Robert Durst".

Just a heads up.

Edit: looks like someone beat me to it, what a strange man durst is

Soldato
Anyone who wants a slap in the face about this case should listen to the "Generation Why" podcast.

I was in two minds about the whole thing but have been swayed one way at least 85% now. The documentary is good but when you realise what information they withheld it really makes you realise there was an agenda to paint a certain picture.

Back
Top Bottom