Malaysian Grand Prix 2011, Sepang International Circuit - Race 2/19

This qually works, Could see how it could be a little confusing for some people new to the sport though. I know the GF asked what was happening a lot when she started watching with me. She knows the score now.

If we had the old set up, You would have two HRT road blocks driving around lap after lap.

Surely they should have been doing this last year!! RBR have been perfecting, I mean cheating, with it since 2010. The other teams are well behind the game if it takes them a year to 'decide' to copy a concept that clearly works!

mhhh........but what I can't understand is the angle of the car, surly when the back of the car is higher than the fron you loose downforce? (going on the basis that lower is quicker, comming from Brundle) :confused:

Yep with no testing it could be used as extra miles for the smaller teams. Doubt front runners would use it though.

You're forgetting - for as long as I can remember in the single hour format, no driver was allowed to do any more than 12 laps. Making 4 flying laps with out and in laps. Or 3 pairs of flying laps, obviously. No laps for testing!

Good point. Could just limit tyres though. One hour qauli was far more exciting though and was never bothered by no one on track. As they just did interviews like before race start.

Ah yeah, totally forgot about the 12 lap thing Timbob, Good point.

It would have been far easier to fix than all the messing about they did with qually over the years. 16/20 laps lose 4/5 every 15 minutes.

I don't hate the cuurent format I just preferred the 1 hour one. It just needed a bit of refining.

People on this forum don't mind Sutil or Glock either and they're German, I'm guessing mainly because they don't compete with the title challenging Brits of recent years. Also Glock handing Hamilton the title helps his cause somewhat. :p

Rosberg for the most part has remained pretty anonymous and has only ever got on the podium. They all come across as nice guys tbh. Everyone on here liked Vettel before he became a force with RBR, the guy even has a good sense of humour.

I can understand why people don't particularly like Schumacher though.

Surely they should have been doing this last year!! RBR have been perfecting, I mean cheating, with it since 2010. The other teams are well behind the game if it takes them a year to 'decide' to copy a concept that clearly works!

its the Brawn Double Diffuser update all over again.

Car Designer spots gaps in the rules, exploits it.

Everybody whinges, complaints its illegal and doesn't copy them.

FIA rules its legal

everybody copies.

My thoughts exactly.

I think the other teams have been slow to catch on. This assumes that the other teams didnt begin development over the Winter.

Back
Top Bottom