Poll: Malaysian Grand Prix 2017, Kuala Lumpur - Race 15/20

Rate the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
They didn't make any rash movements on the steering wheel, it was simply that neither driver was expecting the other to take the line that they did.

agree with first part of the statement; however Stroll was unaware of Vettel's presence. pretty sure that it's up to the guy changing lanes to look in his mirrors before doing so. no way to realistically expect someone to veer right on a left turn. I guess Stroll is so young he doesn't have a driver's license and doesn't know the basics of the Highway Code.

LzR

LzR

Associate
50/50 I guess but Vettel with all his years of experience should have taken into account Stroll's relative lack of experience. It could have been avoided.

Soldato
100% Vettels fault. I hope someone points it out to him this weekend. New name for him Vettelonado :)

I was just thinking this. If it wasn't for his world titles when he had by far the best car, we'd all be rolling our eyes and saying "there goes another crash from finger-boy". He'd be like Massa or Maldonado, always in trouble because they never learn, but without any WDCs.

Soldato
100% Vettel's fault. Can't see how it can be any other way, Vettel needs to be looking where he's going.

However, it's after the race, I don't think there was any point in punishing anyone over it and nobody will be.

Caporegime
I was just thinking this. If it wasn't for his world titles when he had by far the best car, we'd all be rolling our eyes and saying "there goes another crash from finger-boy". He'd be like Massa or Maldonado, always in trouble because they never learn, but without any WDCs.

The main reason I don't want Vettel to win is that he's already the least deserving multiple F1 champion in history. Another title would put him level with the great Fangio, all while never being the best driver on track. In the current season, he's probably around 5th or 6th best out there. When he was up against Ricciardo we saw what a middling driver Vettel is; I'd love to see him take a seat next to Alonso or Hamilton and have his reputation put to bed forever.

Caporegime
It's still a 50/50. Stroll should have held his line around the inside of the corner and Vettel should have left more space if he wanted to go passed.

They didn't make any rash movements on the steering wheel, it was simply that neither driver was expecting the other to take the line that they did.

The difference is Vettel can see him all the way, can see Stroll's line not changing, yet steers into him, Stroll doesn't see him but when he does he steers away instantly but it's too late. What was Vettel doing for 2-3 seconds that he couldn't react to the coming impact? More importantly many/most drivers will drift off line to the dirty side of the track in the cool down lap because no one is racing, why was Vettel expecting him to be on the racing line. As for on the inside, Stroll wasn't actually on the inside line at any point, he has almost a car width inside him and it's pretty similar gap to the curb at the beginning and end of the corner.

For me this was a Rosberg incident, Vettel had the time and space to react and chose not to, because if he wanted to not make contact he had more than enough time to move over. Even in the start, he chose to go around the outside on a cool down lap when he could expect a car to not stay on the racing line and he aimed his car insanely close to Stroll. It's just absurd. Stroll did what almost every other driver does on a cool down lap, Vettel did something no one at all does on a cool down lap and that is pass on the blind side and decide to cut as close as possible to a car who doesn't know you're there.

Soldato
How many penalty points is vettel on?

He's caused a crash. Took his wheel away and rode on the side of another car. All you would expect some form of punishment be it a fine or what ever.

Also I wonder how much fuel he had left. He did a very slow last lap. Maybe he didn't have enough for a sample?

Soldato
Am I the only one who thinks the entire situation with vettel and ferrari in this race was fishy?

I dont tend to get into tin foil hat mode but it all seems a bit off to me. Vettels car was knackered. Next day he is up and running but kimi's car is knackered...........

Then an oopsy daisy accidentally on purpose event on the post race lap.............

Tell me to shut up if you want!! :p

LzR

LzR

Associate
Having seen the qualifying today and the bit about the Vettel/Stroll incident, i take back what i said, it wasn't 50/50 at all, it was completely Vettels fault.

Back
Top Bottom