Man sends banana to black mans table in Wetherspoons pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Now i know the association with black people and bananas but i don't really see how this is illegal and has resulted in a fine for the guy that sent the banana. In his defense, couldn't he just say he made a mistake and was supposed to send an apple or something else instead?

How can they prove that the senders motive was 100% racist. If it came with an accompanying note then yes but in this case its just a banana.

What are your thoughts GD?

I think the judge has slipped on a banana skin on his way to giving his verdict here.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/...IPc3eeyuEz4xAI5jSNRR5rUS0LebRkSBZJILP9RAndr8c

Soldato
It all appears just to me.

The accused was a moron acting like a moron

The heavy fine seems like a fitting punishment to me.

Had he ordered pulled pork to a table of Muslims I would expect the same.

Had he received a prison sentence then I would say that was too harsh.

WP to the justice system

Man of Honour
NewsShopper article said:
In the days following the incident, the victim reported the matter to the police and an investigation was launched.

What a stupid waste of police resources. Things like this make the term "hate crime" even more of a mockery than it already is.

Permabanned
Send a big bowl of cal rich desert to the fat chicks table, that could go either way.

You could sit and think of many that could be insulting to the person receiving the "gift".

Soldato
Never been much of a football fan myself but I had a mate that would regale me with his tales of going to watch Chelsea some years ago. In particular he found it hilarious how many bananas would get thrown onto the pitch when a black player had the ball. I'm guessing that isn't allowed any more either and that Mr Kincella probably had a good laugh when he spent 30p through the Wetherspoon app thinking that he wouldn't be identified.

Soldato
OP
Send a big bowl of cal rich desert to the fat chicks table, that could go either way.

You could sit and think of many that could be insulting to the person receiving the "gift".

This is what i was thinking. The fat girl could argue that it is a hate crime.
The spoons app is a great idea but I suppose it is open to abuse.

Permabanned
LOL

Just look him angrily in the face and bite the banana in half. Thats how you beat this, NOT calling the cops to try to prove someone did it intentionally lol. Tell me how will they find out?

If you can prove it was done intentionally sure but its impossible to prove he has a bad legal representation i guess? Also this kind of sets precident about fruits and races? Best watch out who you offer fruit too!

Caporegime
Imagine being some random Joe Bloggs, reading a case you know nothing about in some free rag, and then coming to the conclusion that the judge made a mistake. Imagine how little difference your ignorance makes to anything to do with the case, or the people involved, or anyone you know, or anyone you don't know but you've mentioned it to, maybe by way of a post on a forum. Imagine how futile it's all been.

Anyway, you take care and have a great day! xx

Caporegime
“This required a painstaking investigation by my lead officer, who paid meticulous attention to minor details in order to gather the vital evidence that led to this successful result.

"Hate crimes are a priority for the Met and we take all allegations very seriously.
What a waste of resources.

Also, ffs, "I couldn't walk past the Wetherspoons without becoming emotionally distraught."

This world, seriously. I want to get off.

And obviously, it goes without saying that the bloke ordering the banana was a muppet.

What a stupid waste of police resources.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

Caporegime
Last time I was drunk in wetherspoons my friends and I sent an orange to about 7 different tables using the app, some time later when we were waiting for these oranges to start appearing we realised we had ordered them to 7 different tables in completely the wrong pub... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom