Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Caporegime
what are you suggesting then, how do we fight back?
Not sure, but we need to do something - doing nothing predictably isn't working.

As Saint Augustine said: "Hope has two beautiful daughters; Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they don't remain as they are."

Soldato
Aspiring extremists should be disowned and stripped of faith. Humiliated if that's what it takes and labelled an embarrassment to their faith/god.

The cause needs to be rubbished before it can be removed.

Totally agree with this, the problem is that people are afraid of offending because there is a crossover of beliefs. I'm sorry but the way to find out who belongs in our democracy and who does not, starts with a process of ridicule.

We need our mainstream media, comedians, musicians to ridicule radical Islam and find strong Muslims willing to stand with them and do the same. Radical Islam in my opinion is a political stance it should be dealt with as a political ideology and this is how we identify it away from the religion.

At the moment we just don't know how prevalent the radical mindset is. We see these attacks at the most extreme end but how many people out there hold views that do not line up with British law? Maybe the problem is not as big as we think, but we need a wholesale open discussion to find out.

We are told to #standtogether but my feeling is that there is an element of out society that aren't even living in the same stratosphere as the rest of us never mind standing with us. A spotlight needs to be shined onto the cut off communities and unfortunately the lives of these people need to be put under the spotlight.

Permabanned
The only way this is going to stop is by putting pressure on mosques worldwide to become much more vocal and speak out against extremism. Not just as a one off but a continued prolonged message until it is heard loud and clear.

Aspiring extremists should be disowned and stripped of faith. Humiliated if that's what it takes and labelled an embarrassment to their faith/god.

The cause needs to be rubbished to be removed worldwide.

Piers Morgan is being honest and forthright on ITV this morning, and not like the BBC who as usual bring on a flock of sooth saying luvvies to promote peace and love in a nauseous attempt to blinker the public to what's occurring..

I have never really been a fan of breakfast TV presenters, nor watched many of them, but the set fired up with Morgan on and he is a refreshing change from the normal sickeners.

Yvette Cooper on blathering a lot of hot none commital air as usual, has she and Ed Balls taken into any of their homes (they over claimed on) their promised asylum seekers yet?

Soldato
In a time like this it's really sad to see people on here throwing tantrums and arguing with one another, you guys really need to grow up!

Unbelievable how people keep attaching Muslim religion with these attacks, terrorism has no religion!

Soldato
drs101 said:
what are you suggesting then, how do we fight back?

Brilliant :rolleyes:

but we need to do something - doing nothing predictably isn't working.

So we (us as individuals) need to do "something" - but you don't know what....apart from vague suggestions such as "rise up and fight"....but you can't say who or where ....that just about sums up all you alt-righters who froth at the mouth behind your keyboards and then don't actually dont have any substance to your spoutings

And to put that falsehood to rest - we are not doing nothing, the security forces and intelligence are working hard behind the scenes to stop a lot of things happening. But in nowhere but your imagination are they going to be able to stop every attack. We are at war, we ARE fighting back, this is going to go on for years and more people are going to die before this is over.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For people who think that we're winning against the terrorists, Islamic State have just taken the Philippine city of Marawi (population 200,000). Reports coming in that they've started to behead non-Muslims there :(

Permabanned
Unsure why people think "we" are doing nothing to combat terrorism. I am pretty certain the intelligence agencies do a lot of work in this area. Plus Trump bombs civil....er terrorists all the time.

Assume what people want is just to attack/bomb/slaughter more people.

Soldato
:rolleyes:

So we need to do "something" - but you don't know what....apart from rise up and fight....but you can't say who....that just about sums up all you alt-righters who froth at the mouth behind your keyboards and then actually dont have the balls to do anything

To be fair this is why the government is in place, they need to come to the solution to this issue and work with all areas they require support from.

People on a forum online aren't the ones paid to make these decisions or strategies.

Associate
For people who think that we're winning against the terrorists, Islamic State have just taken the Philippine city of Marawi (population 200,000). Reports coming in that they've started to behead non-Muslims there :(
there's a battle going on im not sure that counts as taken

Soldato
Piers Morgan is being honest and forthright on ITV this morning, and not like the BBC who as usual bring on a flock of sooth saying luvvies to promote peace and love in a nauseous attempt to blinker the public to what's occurring..

I have never really been a fan of breakfast TV presenters, nor watched many of them, but the set fired up with Morgan on and he is a refreshing change from the normal sickeners.

Yvette Cooper on blathering a lot of hot none commital air as usual, has she and Ed Balls taken into any of their homes (they over claimed on) their promised asylum seekers yet?

Jimmy Krankie (Nicola Sturgeon) hasn't taken a single asylum seeker into her mansion either.

Soldato
Horrendous events like this really do bring the mouth breathers to the surface.

As a Catholic of Irish descent living in the greater Glasgow area during the 70s and 80s when the IRA was bombing Birmingham, Manchester and Brighton... I will never, ever hold Muslim people responsible for the hideous acts that are carried out in their name, in the absence of their consent.

Just like the Irish issue, the Muslim issue has been caused by UK foreign policy. We can't expect to invade foreign countries and murder innocent members of the population and expect no repercussions. Murdering innocent children is many many notches below the belt, regardless of whether they are murdered by nail bombs in our backyard or government issue machine guns many miles from our safe, insulated homes.

The immediate solution is for the police and army to protect us, but the long term solution is a political one.

Obviously the ultimate solution is the absence of religion in our lives, but unfortunately people are far too stupid to accept this and will remain so way beyond my lifetime.

Permabanned
It's amazing you have discovered the attackers motive ("like young girls to teach them a lesson for (** I THINK NOT IS MISSING HERE??**) being pious Muslim women") before the police have so yes i would put that down to your alt right imagination.

Well it looks like that, you didn't exactly state extremists when you were telling men to fight for their wives and daughters. Like i said before what are you doing?

The Islamic State made the comment the device was detonated in the "Shameless concert area", which implies the bomber didn't like the morality the West showed in holding a concert for a scantily clad singer and their mainly young female supporters. It amazes me why the queue to enter the West for those who hold the West's morality in such contempt, so vastly exceeds any queue for such staunch moralists to leave.

Soldato

You cannot compare Filipino Muslim rebel groups and their conflicts in the Philippines with our situation. Muslim insurgency has been a constant issue for generations there and is little to do with religion and more to do with politics between different groups.

What source says they have taken the city?

I am Filipino and have family there, as do others on this forum. Before you start making claims whole cities have been lost to ISIS and that people are being beheaded, at least put some context, perspective or links to your sources. The way you have phrased your reply has been to bait shock and horror beyond the current scale of the incident with your implication that a city of 200,000 has been lost to ISIS.

Caporegime
The Islamic State made the comment the device was detonated in the "Shameless concert area", which implies the bomber didn't like the morality the West showed in holding a concert for a scantily clad singer and their mainly young female supporters. It amazes me why the queue to enter the West for those who hold the West's morality in such contempt, so vastly exceeds any queue for such staunch moralists to leave.

You really do fail hard Christopher Wilson lol

This scumbag was British born and not some immigrant as you would like him to be.

It amazes me that you do not engage that brain of yours more often. It's people of your thinking/mindset that have me worried for myself and our future generations. The ease you find to spread your hate filled rhetoric is truly a scary thing.

Associate

Source?

I think it's more like about 20 Isis fighters hold out in an apartment block?

Back
Top Bottom