Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Happens a lot in many other countries. Having to go through metal detectors and your bag Xrayed to get into the terminal building. You you then check in and go through security (another metal detector and X-ray) like normal.

this isnt an airport.

for that to work in this case youd have to install metal detectors at all the tram stations, then all the street corners etc

No it's not. Any rescued person would subsequently have to claim asylum in the UK and then wait to be assessed. Once assessed they would be either be told to leave/deported
and what happens when they have no papers, and refuse to tell you where they're from?

Morissey is a muppet.

The moment we let these attacks effect our day to day lives is exactly what these people committing these atrocities want.

I think you've failed to grasp his post if that's what you got from it, these attacks have already affected and are affecting lives, imagine for a second being one of those on the scene who's seen dead or maimed children, how is your life now not forever affected? and those in power are afraid to admit why they're happening.

I think you've failed to grasp his post if that's what you got from it, these attacks have already affected and are affecting lives, imagine for a second being one of those on the scene who's seen dead or maimed children, how is your life now not forever affected? and those in power are afraid to admit why they're happening.
I grasped that morissey was whining that key figures weren't getting angry or changing plans.

Of course those directly effected will spend the rest of their lives mourning or dealing mentally with the event.

But what I'm saying is that these attacks are intended to cause fear, anger and divisions. What exactly is cancelling an event by the Queen or getting angry going to achieve? We've already seen backlashes against a certain religion (which as far I I know has not actually been confirm was involved) from some peoples anger.

We don't need anger. We need solidarity and resolve.

Other than moaning he doesn't seem to be suggesting all that much. Not to mention politicians have been the targets of, and the victims of, terrorist attacks.

But then Morrissey wouldn't be Morrissey if he wasn't whining.
No but it's a genuine reaction at least, more valuable that the usual mawkish, pandering, virtue-signalling, sterile response that we've become used to over the last 16 years.

I don't understand Morrissey's input. What should May have said: 'OMG Run! Run for your lives... we're all dooomed'?

If you show the terrorists they are winning, they won't stop. Yes I understand many people affected directly will have their lives changed forever, but it can't (mustn't?) bring the country to a standstill. Sounds harsh to say it, but life and the fight against these ******** must go on.

Morrissey is indeed a muppet. Politicians have been victims, as have the royal family in the past (Mountbatten for example). What does he want the general public to do? Be too scared to live their lives?

Yes of course the Prime Minister is going to encourage calmness and yes of course prominent figures will have greater protection. But I refuse to let the attacks worry me. I will be walking through busy train stations as normal today and getting on a packed tube train on the way to work at a busy financial district of London (naturally a target). I will be doing this regardless of attacks. Naturally I will be more observant, but I refuse to be scared.

I don't understand Morrissey's input. What should May have said: 'OMG Run! Run for your lives... we're all dooomed'?

If you show the terrorists they are winning, they won't stop. Yes I understand many people affected directly will have their lives changed forever, but it can't (mustn't?) bring the country to a standstill. Sounds harsh to say it, but life and the fight against these ******** must go on.
The terrorists are winning, hence why they haven't stopped. Our strategy for defeating them isn't working.

The problem is, to really make a difference in the fight against them, we have to ramp up the number of armed police, introduce many controls which people don't want (internet snooping, etc) and be prepared to arrest people without the levels of evidence we currently do. As soon as that is mentioned people scream about police state and loss of freedoms.

Back
Top Bottom