Manchester Meet-Up

Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
A drive is good but i aint driving like an idiot, stopped all that now since my last fun experience, so speed limit for me i'm afraid!

I don't think any of us are going to drive like idiots :)

I like to drive fast, but I'm not going to do anywhere near 3 figure speeds. If the limit is 60, I'll probably tootle along at 65-70mph depending on how much you can see ahead of you :)

Plan so far sounds good though. You know any places to eat on the way to the good roads cymatty?

Caporegime
cymatty said:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53188&page=29&pp=30

There is a carpark depending upon how many people are coming which may do, if not i can find somewhere bigger.

Looks good, OCUK BBQ perhaps ;)

Edit : For reference of possible location

DSC00138.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm depends on what people want to eat, there are lots of good places to eat on the way up but they are limited to pub restraunt types. :)

Ps i hope i am not taking over all the descions please someone tell me if they have any ideas, i dont think it is good if it appears i am taking over descion making. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
cymatty said:
Hmmm depends on what people want to eat, there are lots of good places to eat on the way up but they are limited to pub restraunt types. :)

Nothing wrong with a nice pub lunch :) I don't know if I'll have a drink or not... it wouldn't feel right even having half a lager. Ah well, coke will always do.

Good idea about parking up and having a chat. I was going to bring my camera anyway, but now I've got an ever better reason to.

Soldato
OP
No it's fine cymatty. It's actually that you're planning the route etc, as it seems you know some good roads :) If I was left to it, we would spend half the day driving round to try and find a good road.

Firestar_3x, coke it is then ;) Oh, it's AGW btw :p :D

Soldato
OP
Yep, Friday is a good time for the MSN convo... maybe Saturday daytime could be better? More chance of people being able to come online at the same time.

I know it's really short notice, but at least people would know for definite if they could make it the next day, and the plans would be in peoples' heads for the following day.

Andrew :)

So Mark, should I put you down as a definite then?

Caporegime
agw_01 said:
Yep, Friday is a good time for the MSN convo... maybe Saturday daytime could be better?

So Mark, should I put you down as a definite then?

Aye stick me on the deffo going to come list.

Sat is a bad day for me msn wise mate, out on a date and not sure when i will be back home, if i'm online early assume i got non or it went bad :(

cymatty said:
ok lets hope we get enough people o come now.

Sure we will mate, i will fire off some, 'you must attend e-mails' tomorrow to those who aint answered.

Even if its just the 4 of us its worth it really currently counting Simon / Andrew / Mark / Elliot as deffos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom