Manor Lords

Soldato
Good so far! Tutorial isn't great but as to be expected.

Can't seem to get my families into the burgagge plots as it says "requres fueling". Can't seem to find a way to fuel the houses though? The first 2 houses i built the families just fueled it themselves and moved in once the house was complete.

Any ideas?

Soldato
It reminds me of early Rimworld - a solid game, but lots of edges that need finishing.

I think I'll leave it installed and wait for a few more updates before continuing further.

Soldato
Indeed. Can be a big fault of early access. Play just a little too much that you don't go back and enjoy it when fully released
yeah very few games have kept me playing until full release and it just feels like I missed out. Worse is that for MP games that often means a lot of the player base has buggered off too

Associate
Good so far! Tutorial isn't great but as to be expected.

Can't seem to get my families into the burgagge plots as it says "requres fueling". Can't seem to find a way to fuel the houses though? The first 2 houses i built the families just fueled it themselves and moved in once the house was complete.

Any ideas?
You have to build a woodcutters lodge for firewood production

Associate
First hour impressions are good. Stunning visuals, and the music... just brilliant. Relaxing chill game, just what I was after when wishlisting this game since the beginning.

Soldato
Have just sunk four hours in this this evening :cry:

All was going well bar a few minor "bugs" (more gameplay oddities really, nothing major!).

However, I was sure I selected the peaceful mode with no combat, was having a great time relaxing when a war got declared, an army turned up and burnt my village to the ground :cry:

Oh well, will start again tomorrow and double check i've got the combat turned off!

Soldato
Played 6 hours straight and didn't even speed game up once.. so chilled and learning new stuff every 10 mins or so.. completely messed the way my village is routed etc so gonna restart again tomorrow.. looks incredible on a super ultra wide fully maxed out.

Associate
Will pick this up before the offer runs out. Doubt ill get to play it much until winter time but when games/devs/pubs come along like they have with this its needs our support to stick 2 fingers up at AAA and AAAA games :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Worries me that's its the type of game thats basically a tech demo and boring fast.

Like Banished great game,. everyone at the time thought it would get good mods etc and it never did.
the dev I think also one man? basically released it as finish and never ever patched it again I think

Caporegime
Like Banished great game,. everyone at the time thought it would get good mods etc and it never did.

Banished was good enough that it spawned a massive host of clones, and substantially influenced the entire genre. It was, and is, worth its entry price. I'm not sure why anyone feels it needed to have good mods to be worth it.

the dev I think also one man? basically released it as finish and never ever patched it again I think

Good for him. The idea that a game should be endless supported and expanded despite having a fixed price for entry is madness. He did fix bugs and crashes after release, and improve the support for mods, but that was all.

Soldato
You need a marketplace near the houses, the woodcutters will then open a stall and 'sell' wood to the houses

Good to know! It's working now!

Im now worried im gonna get ganked by bandits ass they've started to appear. Can't seem to get a militia going as not enough population to fill the numbers and also can't seem to get more families to join the camp.

Associate
Good to know! It's working now!

Im now worried im gonna get ganked by bandits ass they've started to appear. Can't seem to get a militia going as not enough population to fill the numbers and also can't seem to get more families to join the camp.
Make sure you've got some empty houses, appears new families will only appear if there's somewhere for them to live.

Soldato
Make sure you've got some empty houses, appears new families will only appear if there's somewhere for them to live.

I've built a few extra houses so i guess its just a matter of waiting. Trying to keep a supply up for fuel/fire wood and bring in enough food is difficult. Also trade is good but eats into your cashflow so need something to offset this which usually means mining for something like stone or Iron.

Back
Top Bottom