Marvel Heroes

Soldato
I decided to install the test centre last week and jumped on for about 10-15mins. I just wanted to see what Jean's new Phoenix mode looked like ingame and I'm not too sure whether it's good or bad. Her visuals were amazing and a major wow on release, but this new look is well...nothing spectacular.

I'll just have to get accustomed to it on release as I don't care about seeing a costume when I'm a torrent of fire !!

I got Rocket Raccoon to 60 during the Midtown event and he's a blast !! Gone for a pure summon build with Groot and the turrets boosted by approx 250% damage so I just need another 100+ worldstones to get the Doop recipe that boosts them another 12-15%.

Last edited:
Associate
Have I been playing this wrong as it quickly became boring and no real challenge or skill involved. I picked colossus and haven't struggled with anything up to the point I've reached which is about halfway through chapter 3.

Soldato
Have I been playing this wrong as it quickly became boring and no real challenge or skill involved. I picked colossus and haven't struggled with anything up to the point I've reached which is about halfway through chapter 3.

Your journey through the story content is a breeze on any character. As you level up you unlock Heroic and Superheroic modes at certain levels. I would suggest trying the holo-sim and X-def for a challenge solo or grouped.

Terminals will unlock at level 20 (iirc) which offer Green - Red - Cosmic levels of difficulty and rewards appropriate for the challenge. Wait until you hit Cosmic mode at level 60, you won't know what's hit you at first :p

Soldato
Yeah, halfway through Chapter 3 is still training wheels territory.

Colossus is quite boring, mind you; he's just a big steel punching machine who wears women's clothing and occasionally mentions Lenin. If he's your first hero, you might want to give it up for now and register a new account to try someone else. I would recommend Rocket if you want a ranged hero - I just finished my third prestige on him - or Luke Cage if you want melee. They're both good for levelling and in end game content. Storm is better for levelling, you turn on her AOE aura and hang out in Midtown while drinking coffee, but she's not so hot in Cosmics and raids and as she's a 200 Splinter hero you can buy her immediately after completing Chapter 8 of the story for the first time. Hawkeye, Daredevil, Panther and Widow are also 200 Splinters, so don't pick them for the same reason.

Soldato
Well, so far Rogue is genuinely brilliant and is definitely going to make Gazillion a ton of cash. The character/class is something I've never seen in any MMo or RPG, the mechanics are a breathe of fresh air.

Then we have Jean Grey and her level 52 review, just feels like a step backwards. I don't know, I've not played around enough with her new skills but apart from some nice graphically changes she's uber squishy and dare I say dull :(

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm just finishing the chapters on normal with Capatain America. So far so good, although a lot of the game is still lost on me I think. But I'm just aiming for end game where I guess where the team play etc comes into its own as it seems pointless and difficult to do anything other than solo at the moment.

Associate
Ok I'll check it out with another character although I only picked colossus as he's my favourite marvel character, closely followed by gambit, black panther and hawk eye so I'll try one of those if they're any good?

Soldato
I'm just finishing the chapters on normal with Capatain America. So far so good, although a lot of the game is still lost on me I think. But I'm just aiming for end game where I guess where the team play etc comes into its own as it seems pointless and difficult to do anything other than solo at the moment.

You can always queue for the Holo-Sim & X-Def solo, they can be a good test and the higher/further you get the better the rewards (loot).

Ok I'll check it out with another character although I only picked colossus as he's my favourite marvel character, closely followed by gambit, black panther and hawk eye so I'll try one of those if they're any good?

Rogue will be a huge hit, definitely a contender for the most ambitious class ever but I'd recommend getting used to the game before grabbing her fnar fnar ! Btw if anyone wants help ingame feel free to add me and ask away : Saurazgul - I'm still learning stuff also!

My fave heroes in the game so far in no order would be Rocket Raccoon, Silver Surfer ,Dr Strange , Iron Man and Spiderman (and Nightcrawler and Deapool and Star-Lord) and and and....

At a push, try Dr Strange as he's got everything -Heals-AoE-Buffs-Summons-Teleports-Oh Shiz buttons! and more.

Soldato

Hawkeye is massively gear dependent and a huge drag to level. Black Panther is a lot more fun but a bit squishy and a hybrid character (two different damage types) so he's slightly trickier to gear. Gambit is quite strong, especially as melee/ranged hybrid, but again he's hybrid damage and he isn't a starter character so you'd be paying real world money for him.

If you haven't spent any Eternity Splinters yet, you might want to stick it out with Colossus until the end of Chapter 8. Once you've killed Doom you'll have 200 Splinters given to you for free and will be able to buy either a random box or Taskmaster. Taskmaster is nicknamed "Mask Taster" because he borrows abilities from four popular heroes - Cap, Hawkeye, Daredevil and Spidey - giving you a hint of what they're like. He's also strong, easy to level and he will gain benefit from Colossus's level 25 synergy (+ defence or + melee damage, I forget which).

Associate
So patch day, expect a million and one rogues running around once it comes back up, should you find yourself looking for a specific hero power that you can't find in a hub hit me up in game @Sanityisrelative, I have everyone except Moonknight.

Quick question that the official boards have brought up that so far has gone unanswered, anyone suddenly had "King Thor Team up" added to their account summary (not in game, on the website)? So far it looks like it's linked to the advance team up pack but not confirmed

Soldato
When I logged in this morning I had 6 fortune cards in my inventory, not sure why and not complaining :p ! On checking my account on the webby I found an order Sep 12 2014 00:50:28 Price O.00 USD listing them. Opening them I got 3-4 XP buffs and some RiF/Sif ones, nice.

Associate
Did you buy the Rogue pre-order pack (not the big villains pack but Rogue's individual one)? They usually come with one of each fortune card.

And turns out that team up business was related to the team up pack, maybe it was a sorry for that whole "buy the rest of the team ups we release this year" before they released the guardians pack 6 weeks later.

Soldato
I bought the 'Bring on the Bad Guys' pack which doesn't get the fortune cards.

Maybe they felt bad for me playing Jean and thought it would lighten the burden :p ... although so far she seems pretty good but then I'm not cosmic terminal ready at all yet.

Soldato
Rogue has a lot of builds. You're going to want the Power Cosmic legendary, Power Doop runeword and Doop Ectoplasm on her, which is a lot of Worldstones.

I don't have any of those things - I missed the first Cosmic event and from the second I got Doop Inspiration as I main Rocket - so right now I'm cutting back on that by making her mostly Mental damage. Accursed Beam from Malekith backed with health passives from Kurse and Tombstone, Emma's Mental Damage passive, Scarlet Witch's Hex. Almost completely Spirit-neutral, on bosses I can go forever.

One piece of advice for leveling: find a Thor or Beta Ray Bill and get Godly Valour. Rogue has the smallest Spirit pool of any character and there are only two basics she can steal (from Wolverine and Cyclops), so getting 30+ Spirit every 8 seconds is crucial.

The one power everyone should steal is Ragin' Cajun from Gambit. A bit of extra damage, big crit gain, and it's effectively a second signature.

Associate
Rogue really is a amazing character (though I expect her to end in a hell of a game of whack a mole with the devs over balance. I've got none of the hybrid artifacts or power cosmic at the minute (same as above I bought the other doop runeword for my summoners) but trying to get in the habit of using a hybrid friendly cycle.

Well worth keeping this bookmarked to have a gander at powers you might not consider
http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen/rogue/#0-25-1-0

My basic build is to 20 point the first 2 levels of Borrow and Steal Powers for main attacks and then 10 point the remaining tiers for support and fun powers, with flight and Kree Resliliance being one pointers (I have so much + power gear it's still at like 16 points at lvl 52). It's far from optimal and will probably never be a raid character for me (Rocket is my main) but it's certainly going to be one of my mains when I can wake up on a morning reset all my powers without burning a retcon and have a totally different build to the day before.

I've kind of settled on the following for now:
Attacks
Cykes blast (basic - energy power)
Malekith's beam (mental might as well be my single target basic given the damage will never be more than health regen)
Storm's attrition power + Electro's attrition power (drop both of them on an area and watch stuff melt)
Mr Fantastic stretchy punch (I know sucks on Mr Fantastic himself since it's not an outwit power but seriously pair that up with Ragin' Cajun proccing every quarter of a second and it's insane plus it's physical damage so I have all 3 types.

Doop Passive
Kurse Passive
Kingpin Passive (+ Credit, + Spirit, Small amount of damage rating on pick up)

Supports
Moleman's summon power (they don't do much damage but act as a bit of a buffer
Ragin Cajun (for obvious reasons)

At early levels if your struggling for spirit I'd recommend taking shocker and Iron man's passives they make for a massive spirit pool boost until you can start getting those +5 bits from story mode to make up the difference.

Soldato
New patch - Bronx Zoo is out!

It's really pretty, quite quick to do, you get a daily Eye from each boss. The first two bosses are ludicrously easy, the last hits insanely hard - I actually died while using Rocket's ultimate, which is unprecedented.

Associate
I found he's not too bad once you get his pattern down and thankfully there's no Vibranium mines style protect portion so at least if your so inclined you can venture in solo (still wouldn't recommend it, but I had a brainfart and had to go reaqquire a power for Rogue)

Soldato
I found he's not too bad once you get his pattern down and thankfully there's no Vibranium mines style protect portion so at least if your so inclined you can venture in solo (still wouldn't recommend it, but I had a brainfart and had to go reaqquire a power for Rogue)

There is a section where you have to protect civilians. It's not hard to solo, though.

Soldato
2015 Advance Pack heroes were announced last night. In no particular order:

Vision
Kitty Pryde and Lockheed (one hero)
Doctor Doom
Iceman
Winter Soldier
Black Cat
She-Hulk
Blade
War Machine
Iron Fist

plus two others, expected to include Ant-Man. As usual, all heroes come with their STASH tabs and an alternate costume; you'll also get 12 Retcons and 12 Iridium Triple Boosts. The Deluxe Pack adds an exclusive alt-skin HERBIE pet, early access to Magneto's black costume and Spidey's Enhanced Mayday Parker costume (genderflip), plus an extra 12 each on Retcons and ITBs.

Lastly, pre-order the Deluxe Pack by October 10th and you'll also get X-23 with her STASH tab and alternate costume when she is released later this year.

Soldato
Saw this advertised on the main webby last night, it was great news until I checked the price :p

I'll just grab Blade & Iceman packs at release.

Back
Top Bottom