Marvel Heroes

Soldato
Yep, they say they've had no crashes in their Test Centre telemetry, so it's going to be Juggernaut and Omega this week, running along side Halloween (and they've apparently increased the drops).

I was actually looking forwards to a Midtown Madness week, because I've got three characters I wanted to level up, and the MM boxes make it very fast indeed. Still, Omega with it's XP increases shouldn't be too bad. though I don't know if we're losing the last day of XP boost because it's all started a day late.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished taking Juggernaut to 60 last night. I now know what in-FUN-erable means. I highly recommend the movement build, where you max:

Enter the Fray
Big Elbow Drop (BED)
Wrath of Cyttorak
Human Juggernaut
Stride
Big Headbutt

and other skills to taste, minimum 1 point in Lariat (though you can max it).

It's a bit unusual as you don't have a LMB attack - instead you use Stride on LMB and hold it down to constantly generate momentum. You basically alternate between BED and Momentum builders, weaving in the odd Headbutt or Lariat when Enter the Fray and Wrath are both on cooldown. If you stack Momentum on items you can get some crazy brutals. I have around 1200 Momentum and BED goes off for around 2.5m when it's full. And I'm not fully geared - people in my SG are recording 4m+ brutals. We took four Juggernauts into X-Defence and were destroying bosses in seconds up to around wave 12.

Soldato
I must confess to not having much interest in Juggernaut but he is far too much fun !! Who would have thought running around uber fast head butting everything could be so awesome !! :p

Also, there's three events running today

TheCosmicCupcake

We're currently running the Halloween Event and the Omega Event, so we wouldn't possibly do Midtown Madness Monday too, right...?

Gosh, it's like you don't know us at all!
Midtown Madness Monday will begin at 12:00 AM PST and will end the same time the next day.

If you're on EST, it will start at 3:00 AM.
If you're on GMT, it will start at 8:00 AM.
If you're on AEDT, it will start at 7:00 PM.

Soldato
Thor 52 review in the next patch. Industry City (the new Midtown) is also in testing now, which is possibly why Midtown is bugged to solo mode.

Some codes:

UNSTOPPABLETENTONHAMMER
UNSTOPPABLEMASSIVELY
UNSTOPPABLEMMORPG
UNSTOPPABLENICK

I can't remember which is which, but they amount to one each of RIF, SIF, XP and Iridium Triple Boost.

Associate
Thor 52 review in the next patch. Industry City (the new Midtown) is also in testing now, which is possibly why Midtown is bugged to solo mode.

Some codes:

UNSTOPPABLETENTONHAMMER
UNSTOPPABLEMASSIVELY
UNSTOPPABLEMMORPG
UNSTOPPABLENICK

I can't remember which is which, but they amount to one each of RIF, SIF, XP and Iridium Triple Boost.

thanks

Soldato
New code: PATROL.

Industry City is very group focused. Don't try soloing it for the daily, it will take forever - just invite a few people you see or accept an invite if offered. Loot is pretty low, but Friday through Monday there's a daily quest that awards a free Fortune Card (random, but we've seen 2, 4 and 5 in my SG).

Associate
Really enjoying the industrial patrol. Used it to finally break Nightcrawler over lvl 50. The format of the events makes it quite cool. My only problem is the layout of the map makes it a ballache to get to some of the event spawns if you aren't a flier or a teleporter.

Soldato
Magneto on the TC this week. Those who stand against our cause shall tremble in fear.

Someone in my SG went on a three-man green raid with a couple of guys from Apex Gaming. They cleared everything bar Surtur, and got him to 6% before losing on deaths during the enrage.

Soldato
Some word on the schedule. Magneto will launch with the Rise of AXIS One-Shot - gird your loins for beating up Nazis and the Red Skull - and we are due both Venom and X-23 before Christmas. Juggernaut is also getting his X-Men costume, which will hopefully be quite cheap because it's basically a reskin of his "Chocolate Covered Cherry of Cyttorak" default outfit.

Caporegime
OP
Just installed this again, and took Nightcrawler from 40 to 44.

Cosmics dropping everywhere, looks like purple and below are to be ignored now.

Also it's a complete cluster bang of effects at times, can really see what is happening, haha.

Soldato
Just installed this again, and took Nightcrawler from 40 to 44.

Cosmics dropping everywhere, looks like purple and below are to be ignored now.

Also it's a complete cluster bang of effects at times, can really see what is happening, haha.

You can turn the effects down in the settings.

Soldato
Nightcrawler is one of my fave characters ingame. Super quick, heals uber fast in stealth and can dish out massive burst DPS and get away from trouble before noticed.

BONANZA - bonus code valid until 24th*

Soldato
For anyone wanting to try the game there was a nice post made about a new upcoming feature where you will be able to play all the starter heroes then decide which to pick.

Hey guys,
In the next big patch (Magneto patch in early December), we're trying a new thing that allows new players to mess around and test all the heroes on the starting screen until level 10.
At that point they get to pick any hero they want to make their "main", but they keep the progress they made on the rest of the heroes.

So, if you happen to not have some of the starting heroes, you will actually be able to play them up to level 10.

We're going to put this into test center fairly soon.

Soldato
Nightcrawler is one of my fave characters ingame. Super quick, heals uber fast in stealth and can dish out massive burst DPS and get away from trouble before noticed.

I had a lot of trouble with Nightcrawler, until about level 55 when he suddenly became amazing. You can't really play him like any other character, it's more like that bit at the beginning of X-Men 2 where he does the White House assault. It's all just teleporting about hitting things and then zapping elsewhere and back again.

He's still a bit squidgy and needs more spirit, but he's quite close to the top of the list for a review/QoL, so he should get some much needed polish soon.

Associate
If you can get a Pym Shrinking serum artifact for Nightcrawler you're pretty much over the spirit issue. There's a +10 spirit on enemy defeat in one of the Omega trees that helps but doesn't eliminate it, but with a Pym shrinking you'll pretty much never have to worry about spirit.

Shame it never seems to drop, I must have seen 100 Pym growth serums and not a single shrinking while the devs still insist they have an equal drop rate.

Soldato
If you can get a Pym Shrinking serum artifact for Nightcrawler you're pretty much over the spirit issue. There's a +10 spirit on enemy defeat in one of the Omega trees that helps but doesn't eliminate it, but with a Pym shrinking you'll pretty much never have to worry about spirit.

Shame it never seems to drop, I must have seen 100 Pym growth serums and not a single shrinking while the devs still insist they have an equal drop rate.

Thanks for the tip - I'm pretty sure I have one in my stash somewhere. You're right about the drops though. I think I've one/two Pyms shrinking compared to about twenty plus Pym's Growth.

Back
Top Bottom