*** Mass Effect 3 ***

Soldato
I have no doubt it will be amazingly fun.

Whether it will be a relatively deep and refined experience remains to be seen, and I will reserve judgement on that until i've played it.

Soldato
I just pre-ordered the CE version for 70 quid,too bad its a long wait for the release lol.... anyway can't be worst then DA2,mind you ME and ME2 were decent :).

tumblr_lgab05DNdR1qe4xqxo1_500.gif

You underestimate bioware :p

Soldato
That trailer worries me, TBH.

I'm concerned we're going to end up with "Gears of Mass Effect War", especially all the diving about, big melee weapon and driving/shooting aspects. I hope I'm wrong, and they've just done it to "big" the game up, but even the Eurogamer preview shares my scepticism...

Hint: they both already use the same style of combat mechanics. ;)

Pop-a-mole\whack the mole, occasionally charge the enemy or throw a grenade\biotic power. Cover makes you completely impervious to harm.

Soldato
Mass Effect 3: New Details On Characters, Classes, Story And More

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/102525...ils_on_characters_classes_story_and_more.html

*****************slight spoilers*******************

Check out the big ones below and beware minor spoilers.

- Cerberus is just an antagonist and not available as a faction to align with.

- ME3 will include mini-games although Hammerhead and Mako missions won't include exploration. Planet-scanning is unlikely to return.

- The choices made in the trail at the beginning of Mass Effect 3 will determine the tone of that playthrough.

- New character James Vega's voice actor is a closely-guarded secret.

- The DLC robot dog in the collector's edition of the game can be interacted with aboard the Normandy.

- The character creator will have more features and hair-styles included.

- BioWare is considering reward fans with a special achievement across all three games.

- Each of Shepard's squad members will have their stories resolved.

- Loyalty now revolves more around races, rather than individuals.

- The conflict between the Geth and the Quarians will be resolved.

- There are new powers with up to six branches on the customisation tree.

- Cerberus is just an antagonist and not available as a faction to align with.

- ME3 will include mini-games although Hammerhead and Mako missions won't include exploration. Planet-scanning is unlikely to return.

- The choices made in the trail at the beginning of Mass Effect 3 will determine the tone of that playthrough.

- New character James Vega's voice actor is a closely-guarded secret.

- There will be more romance options in Mass Effect 3.

- Players will be able to change class when importing a character from Mass Effect 2.

- The Normandy will be the SR-2 and be styled and upgraded by the Alliance.

- The XP system is similar to Mass Effect, and missions won't have summaries like in Mass Effect 2.

- The trilogy will be given some level of closure with the end of Mass Effect 3.

- BioWare will not release a Mass Effect SDK after ME3.

- If alive in your game, the assassin Thane will return, as will Shepard's ME2 assistant Kelly Chambers, Legion, Miranda and others.

More Mass Effect 3 on NowGamer:

Soldato
I get the feeling the storyline is going to be laughable in this game...

And why does Shephard now have a Halo-esque 'sword'?
I'm holding out hope for it being better than 2. At least the gameplay looks fun; I know all the trailers and demos so far have been all out action, but looking past that - as long as it turns out as the devs are saying (ie more immersion, better story... etc etc), then it should be better than me2 and more importantly better than me1, experience wise.

Associate
Hopefully less action action action than ME2, a little more subtlety and pacing required

Yeah, I hope there's more of a story to it as well, rather than: "mission to recruit NPC, NPC side-quest to unlock loyalty, rinse, repeat..."

Soldato
Yeah, I hope there's more of a story to it as well, rather than: "mission to recruit NPC, NPC side-quest to unlock loyalty, rinse, repeat..."

*insert trash mobs and Harbinger griefing every so often. The AI is pretty stupid too, it's only challenging because Hardcore\Insanity have ridiculous level scaling.

It's a shame really as it had potential and some non-stereotypical characters in there, even the Illusive Man was reasonably well-conceived.

Associate
It's a shame really as it had potential and some non-stereotypical characters in there, even the Illusive Man was reasonably well-conceived.

Yeah, I really liked the story in ME1, and the whole sense of an unfolding mystery, ancient alien civilisations, etc. not so much in ME2.

Soldato
Yeah, I really liked the story in ME1, and the whole sense of an unfolding mystery, ancient alien civilisations, etc. not so much in ME2.

Hard to say to which is better overall, both games have notable flaws. I would say the sequel edges it due to the improved characters (relatively speaking - this isn't Planescape Torment level) and more development of the universe itself. For example, you get a better insight into both the Krogan and Quarian societies in the plot missions.

Soldato
Mass Effect 3: 'Reapers Can Win' - BioWare

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1027650/mass_effect_3_reapers_can_win_bioware.html

Mass Effect 3 will shake up the player's moral choices more than ever before, even going so far as allowing the Reapers to win the battle for Earth, according to BioWare's community representative Mike Gamble.
In an inteview with NowGamer at Gamescom, we asked if BioWare was taking risks with Mass Effect 3's plot, including a negative ending in which the Reapers win.
Gamble simply said , "Yes". We asked him again to confirm what he had just said and he said, "Yes".

If you want to watch the entire Mass Effect 3 video interview with BioWare, you can do so by clicking right here.
So there you have it. With the threat of a bad ending like this, players will have to mindful of their actions more than ever in Mass Effect 3 when it launches 9 March 2012.

Back
Top Bottom