****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Soldato
This was £11.99 from cdkeys, crumbs what a bargain.

Looks stunning and it's a game to lose yourself in for hours.

Damn, I missed it, it's back up to £17 now. At full price I wasn't tempted as I had other games I needed to finish. If it drops back down again I may get on it as I loved the original series.

Associate
Damn, I missed it, it's back up to £17 now. At full price I wasn't tempted as I had other games I needed to finish. If it drops back down again I may get on it as I loved the original series.

Unlucky Street!

I'd say it's still worth £17 though, Story is engrossing and it's cool to just look around at some amazing views.

Up to you, don't think you'll regret it.

Associate
Started the 10 hour trial of this but i just can't get past the awful controls, i mean its just as bad as the Witcher 3's, where if i push S to backup the character turns around and starts running towards me. I found myself walking with my gun drawn all the time just to stop this. That to me is gamebreaking in a shooting game and the main reason why i hardly play any third person games anymore.

Soldato
Started the 10 hour trial of this but i just can't get past the awful controls, i mean its just as bad as the Witcher 3's, where if i push S to backup the character turns around and starts running towards me. I found myself walking with my gun drawn all the time just to stop this. That to me is gamebreaking in a shooting game and the main reason why i hardly play any third person games anymore.

It is incredible to me what people define as awful controls these days. Now I finally understand why people complained about TW3's controls so much - they are insane.

Associate
It is incredible to me what people define as awful controls these days. Now I finally understand why people complained about TW3's controls so much - they are insane.

Yeah maybe i am being picky but it just feels so bad to me. I think the main problem though is that i like to play with low sensitivity so when when i am having to constantly pan the camera around i can never find a decent balance. In the Witcher it is not as important because you only use swords so i was able to get past it, despite the fact that the previous games had much nicer feeling movement. I also find the player character very slow to respnd to input, so you always end up running past things and then theres this wierd circling motion as you try to turn round to get back to it.

The other major problem is that the camera itself is not a fixed position, so for instance, when you run forward the character is about ten feet infront of you.

Is it really to much to ask for a tight movement system so i feel like i am actually controling the character. The Division is how third person shooter movement should be imo.

Last edited:
Associate
Well this is now included in origin access, Which means I don't mind giving it a go as I already own origin access.

Actually rather enjoying the game so far, It is a very pretty game I must say.

Soldato
This game was average at best. 6.5/10. It was some what fun, but I just did the main campaign. Could be bothered with most of the side quests.

Also still needs a patch or two. Some cut scenes I encountered lost audio!

Soldato
I noticed this on orgin access on the weekend so for £4 I thought why not. Played over 7 hours on the weekend and I'm really enjoying it, I've completed the desert planet and on to the next one now. While it has a few problems I can't understand the backlash on release at all. Granted it's not a Mass Effect game but if you treat it as a new game with a Mass Effect setting, I think it's rather good.

Back
Top Bottom